Unpopular Opinion and Discussion thread

Is this poll pointless?

• Total voters
Exsanguination from severe Defenestration aka Czech yourself before you wreck yourself.

A news report told of a shooting on a Prague Uni campus were people including some Brits had to jump out of windows (not pushed).
So could be called self defence stration :)
Whether it had anything to do with neo nazism in the student land I am non the wiser.

Real news not fake.

Me and my friend had a debate before a dnd session about apocalyptic scenarios to overtake us and set us back hundreds of years. i told him along the lines of we're too big and industrialized as a civilization to properly wipe out. But the likely case would be us being killed by our own creations on a biblical level. Like say an engineered Bio weapon, or something akin to Skynet from the Terminator series, or possibly an asteroid. But realistically? We're not that stupid to wipe ourselves out, if anything institutions will die and rot away over time from the stagnation of their own orders of progress over everything. A self defeating black and white view of morals and ultimately climbing to the top to simply jump off. Such to the point that they cant actually uphold whatever society they have crafted from the end result being so different than what it once was. Itd almost feel post apocalyptic in a weird way but such an abstract world that arises from it. Honestly the world we live in feels like it, like it died many years ago and nobody noticed. Social media played a part in it

You sweet summer child, People are far dumber than that. You had people burning down their own homes because a drug addict od'd.
Well Mutually Assured Destruction alone is enough to keep most in line. I only say we'll rot, and quietly fall into obscurity because of the environment we live in points that direction. Which imo is worse than dying with the big red nuclear button. At least the latter is the fatest way to go. With a bang! No, we just create an abstract world of poison that expands that we look at as unfamiliar though we were once part of it and laid its foundation.

Back