UP and RP updates

• Sfall is updated to 4.3.2, fixing Jet addiction causing permanent stat loss.

Is it a known issue in RPUv25 + FO2Tweaks v12.8 + Inventory Filter for post-Mentats SPECIAL debuff to become stuck, permanently lowering stats? I don't mean addiction, I mean the normal debuff after taking *any* drug, where the stat it raised is temporarily lowered. I encountered this with Mentats, and thankfully had a backup save to roll to.

If it is a known issue, I won't try to reconstruct the reproduction of it / create an issue on github.

My general impression of the current RPU + FO2tweaks + Inventory Filter is that while they are ambitious and offer quite a lot of options, this package is significantly less stable than RP 1.x or Fallout et tu. Fallout 1 and 2 over the past 10+ years has not been prone to crashes or corrupted saved games in my experience, as I normally don't play with many mods involving scripts - usually standard teamX and house *.LST/.PRO/.FRM modifications. But here with the RPU, FO2tweaks and the inventory filter, I feel as if I am pushing the engine (and sfall) too hard and the cracks are showing.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, it is more an observation than anything else. I'm sure the software will get to the point where these issues no longer exist, hopefully some of my bug reports and observations help with that goal.

Last edited:
Not sure about RPU, but I play with the old killap's RP + fo2tweaks + newest sfall + inventory filter + some custom scripts and no crashes whatsoever. The only "issue" with stats being restored after drug usage is, that sometimes you can kill yourself by lowering stats below 1 when that stat debuffs are being reapplied from the stack.

war.png

War never changes.

UPU | RPU

Forum | Telegram | Discord | IRC

is it a feature that companions don't burst fire anymore? Or is my game just bugged? No matter what I set the cpref burst mode to, they never ever do, even if there's nobody even remotely in front of them that could be hit. Even if they're alone. I feel like my damage output is gimped when fighting npcs that burst fire.

The included Party Orders addon disables the burst fire by default. Pressing the 'D' key should toggle the state, and check mods\party_order.ini if you want to reassign another key to it.

I have a problem with "scripts" folder. I went to copy the scripts from rp 2.3.3 because rpu_26 only has 3 items. I got the message: "YOU HAVE OVERWRITTEN THERP.DDRAW.INI FILE! REVERT BACK BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!" should I delete the rp 2.3.3 scripts and leave the rpu-26 one or is there any way to get around this?"

Last edited:
You shouldn't copy any old RP 2.3.3 scripts back to the folder. RPU has all necessary stuff packed in mods\rpu.dat that's why you see only a few files under data\.

You shouldn't copy any old RP 2.3.3 scripts back to the folder. RPU has all necessary stuff packed in mods\rpu.dat that's why you see only a few files under data\.

Thank you very much, NovaRain.

I have just one more question and I was wondering if you could help me. How do I change the inventory of enemies that appear randomly across the map? For example, if I want a highwayman or raider to be using more powerful weapons?

With RPU, there's no worldmap.txt in data/data by default. But you can extract it from rpu.dat or download from repository, put it in data/data, then make your changes.

Is there an alternate link where I can download it from? I could get UPU but RPU constantly loose connection after getting 7ish hundred MB getting dl-d, and not only in Chrome but in Edge as well. I managed to get the zip version of RPU but still, if I want the .exe one I'd need an alternate source.

I ran into a problem at the Den. I only have RPU installed, and when I take too much time in The Den, I get a memory reference problem whatever I do, whether it's going to a different area, clicking at someone or something, and the game quits. I couldn't figure out why it happens, so I just left after picking up Vic fastly. Any idea what might cause it? It gaves me the error: 1101932b referenced memory at 000000d0, the memory could not be written.

Hi, I just installed FO2 + RPU and playing the game and I noticed the weapons are doing minimal damage, for example I'm using combat shotgun on wanamingos and it's doing single digit damage, when I played FO2 vanilla I recalled I destroyed those wanamingos with it, so I'm wondering is this normal for RPU ? what settings do I need to tweak because it doesn't seem right.

Hi, I just installed FO2 + RPU and playing the game and I noticed the weapons are doing minimal damage, for example I'm using combat shotgun on wanamingos and it's doing single digit damage, when I played FO2 vanilla I recalled I destroyed those wanamingos with it, so I'm wondering is this normal for RPU ? what settings do I need to tweak because it doesn't seem right.
RP don't touch weapon/armor stats. Wanamingos are tough creatures, even "weak" ones have DT 6 & DR 40%, on par with combat armor mk2.
With vanilla damage formula, the combat shotgun can only do 6-12 dmg per shot to them without any crits.

RP don't touch weapon/armor stats. Wanamingos are tough creatures, with minimum DT 6 & DR 40%, on par with combat armor mk2.
With vanilla damage formula, the combat shotgun can only do 12 dmg per shot at best without any crits.

yes but if you use burst shot with combat shotgun, it deals good damage, but I only do minimal damage with it. and I shot slavers with leather jacket for 2-10 dmg using H&K CAWS so I guess there's something wrong here.

Simply use either the correct Ammunition for the Situation, or switch to to another Damage Formula in ddraw.ini if the default chosen for RPU is not to your liking...

Back