UP and RP updates

2jfWSGv.jpg

Is it possible become MadMan at four families in New Reno ?
I remember that in version 2.3.3 I had no problems with it.
Now after killing the firs boss ( Trap on the Bishop safe ) the title doesn't disappear, so even if I get to the next boss unnoticed, I can't talk to him.
The Cult of Personality perk doesn't help either.

Do people like this change? I likely haven’t played the RP since 2.0, maybe 1.x, as I usually replay F1. Despite the amount of time since then, the pots immediately stood out to me. They look.. off.
After you pointed it out I can't unsee them...

I don't replayed fallout 2 due to a bug that converts den customers to resident after loading a save. It makes the NPC feel lifeless(they don't react) and stand where they are(otherwise they move from store to store). It happens in vanilla FO2 and also the last time I played RP. I am sorry if I was annoying.

Can people test these maps for issues - glitches, etc. Hopefully this new version of the RP maps will be used in a future update of RPU, if not then they will be released as a separate mod, either way I'm not fussed.

Now I worked on the RP back in the day and helped Killap with the maps, so I'm fully aware of all the problems regarding the maps, considering I'm the one that made the problems. These new maps address many of the problems, namely the old ones were too busy with 'unnecessary stuff'.

The lighting in a few locations has been altered, so don't worry if things feel different when first encountering them - Gecko Powerplant has a darker interior, same for the Sierra Army Depot, as well as the Military Base (fixing the generator fixes only the elevator, doesn't turn on the lights anymore). Why the changes, because they look so much better - play and see.

The files come in two types. One is the raw files (art, maps, scripts, text, etc) - a lot of the art has been changed, overriding your original files is necessary and its permanent, so make a backup if you're worried. For lovers of files, download and have a look at the stuff.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ug46yrv35asu81j/rpu_2.7.rar/file

The second is the RPU.dat file that overrides version 2.6 in the mods folder - again make a backup if you're worried. The RPU.dat has new critters for Cat Jules as well as all the raw files in their proper folders.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ns323fielnzuhb1/rpu_new_maps.rar/file

Just note if you play with these new maps you're never going back to the original Restoration Project, let alone the vanilla game (unless it's a nostalgia trip). For the best look play the game with the 2x scaling on (get as close to the original resolution look as possible), playing the game at an ungodly resolution looks shit and Tim Cain will curse you.

Now it goes without saying start a new game!

Enjoy Fallout lovers of the world...:nod:

PS - Any issues leave a message on this thread.
I know your post is a few months old so you might know about this bug already. I played through the entire game on these maps, and I noticed that I can actually see the scroll blocker tiles on the vagrant tanker. In addition to this the enclave shock room puzzle was totally unsolvable. Terminal 8 AKA the southmost center terminal did nothing.

Can people test these maps for issues - glitches, etc. Hopefully this new version of the RP maps will be used in a future update of RPU, if not then they will be released as a separate mod, either way I'm not fussed.

Now I worked on the RP back in the day and helped Killap with the maps, so I'm fully aware of all the problems regarding the maps, considering I'm the one that made the problems. These new maps address many of the problems, namely the old ones were too busy with 'unnecessary stuff'.

The lighting in a few locations has been altered, so don't worry if things feel different when first encountering them - Gecko Powerplant has a darker interior, same for the Sierra Army Depot, as well as the Military Base (fixing the generator fixes only the elevator, doesn't turn on the lights anymore). Why the changes, because they look so much better - play and see.

The files come in two types. One is the raw files (art, maps, scripts, text, etc) - a lot of the art has been changed, overriding your original files is necessary and its permanent, so make a backup if you're worried. For lovers of files, download and have a look at the stuff.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ug46yrv35asu81j/rpu_2.7.rar/file

The second is the RPU.dat file that overrides version 2.6 in the mods folder - again make a backup if you're worried. The RPU.dat has new critters for Cat Jules as well as all the raw files in their proper folders.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ns323fielnzuhb1/rpu_new_maps.rar/file

Just note if you play with these new maps you're never going back to the original Restoration Project, let alone the vanilla game (unless it's a nostalgia trip). For the best look play the game with the 2x scaling on (get as close to the original resolution look as possible), playing the game at an ungodly resolution looks shit and Tim Cain will curse you.

Now it goes without saying start a new game!

Enjoy Fallout lovers of the world...:nod:

PS - Any issues leave a message on this thread.
Game lags as hell after extracting those. Think I will have to try a clean install and test again.

Maybe I miss-read the instructions. I already had the latest version of RPU installed and then I extracted the files from both those links into the folders indicated. I'm an imbecile so I would gladly get some cues on what to do.

Choose one, don't use both. RPU uses a dat file for the mod, just use the new one and override the old dat file - I added the individual files for people who wanted to look at the files and see what's new and different. :V

Back