Updated English translation for Fallout of Nevada

You should choose root fallout 2 directory for installation. There's gonna be subfolder with Nevada in it after that.
Also, check this topic for more info.

Do you have discord? I think if I screenshare it would be a lot easier for you to help because this mod looks really fun. I tried the thing you recommended and I don't think i'm doing it right.

I recall that from the original description but I assume there was also a second main quest similar to the Master and his Super Mutants?
I've never heard of this before.
Would you recommend fixed or crazy?
only Fixed mod from this topic.
Crazy edition - is outdated, not supported (from author), recognized as unsuccessful (from author), does not have English, is not compatible with existing translations.

Last edited:
I recall that from the original description but I assume there was also a second main quest similar to the Master and his Super Mutants?
I'm not sure if it can be called second main quest, because as far as I could remember the main quests are parallel; you're to find stuff for your vault while simultaneously find the biker who broke through the vault's security system which leads to all the way until the finale.

I'm not sure if it can be called second main quest, because as far as I could remember the main quests are parallel; you're to find stuff for your vault while simultaneously find the biker who broke through the vault's security system which leads to all the way until the finale.

Ah okay.
I was wondering of FoN originally had a quest structure like that of Fallout 1 and 2, once you have found the McGuffin you would also discover signs of some kind of threat to your community (and the region) and after you had returned to your home you would get the orders to find this threat and its source of origin and deal with it.

Sort of what FoN did have with once you have recovered that hard drive thingy and brought it back that you are then send out to find the kidnapped Overseer.

Do you have discord? I think if I screenshare it would be a lot easier for you to help because this mod looks really fun. I tried the thing you recommended and I don't think i'm doing it right.
I've just downoaded the mod and installed it on gog-version of fallout 2, no problems there.
I'm in discord, but i'm not used to it, look for Keyboard Gecko or find me in fallout sonora translation channel

HI. I have just installed Nevada Fixed Edition. Looks great!

When creating the character, I have noticed that all the stats from First Aid to Outdorsman have a default -10%.

For example, notice in the picture that Outdoorsman should be 2 x (EN + IN). This is 2x (5+5) = 20. But instead it is 10%. The same for Doctor, for instance. The formula is 5% +(PE+IN), this is 5% + (5+5)= 15, but instead it is 5%. Again, -10%.

Is this intentional? is it a bug?
If it is intentional, changing it with a savegame editor would break the game?

Thanks in advance! and congrats for such an awesome game.

Attachments

• Character.jpg
    Character.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 315
Can someone post a link to the updated english version here? Everytime I install the Extended version whether or not I selection english or not it always seems to be in Russian for some reason.

Can someone post a link to the updated english version here? Everytime I install the Extended version whether or not I selection english or not it always seems to be in Russian for some reason.
When starting the installer, select English, or select it at the installation stage.
The translation itself will be updated later.

When starting the installer, select English, or select it at the installation stage.
The translation itself will be updated later.
I tried to, but no matter how many times I select english it installs in Russian despite the intro being in english. Odd.
Screenshot-from-2023-01-01-11-38-58.png

I find it difficult to answer. According to your screenshot and size, it is the English version that is installed.
I checked, when choosing English, the English translation is installed. Download and install again.
Open the folder with the mod and check if patch001.dat is present, run the game with NevadaHD.exe.

Last edited:
I find it difficult to answer. According to your screenshot and size, it is the English version that is installed.
I checked, when choosing English, the English translation is installed. Download and install again.
Open the folder with the mod and check if patch001.dat is present, run the game with NevadaHD.exe.
Seems I tried installing multiple times and still no luck.
Screenshot-from-2023-01-01-23-42-59.png

Added a little description to the repo's readme about how to update to the latest version.
Thanks to @QuantumApprentice there's a lot of changes.
Tried the patch. No luck. Results are the same. I think the fact that i'm using Linux and a Wine emulator may have something to do with it.

Seems I tried installing multiple times and still no luck.
Screenshot-from-2023-01-01-23-42-59.png

Tried the patch. No luck. Results are the same. I think the fact that i'm using Linux and a Wine emulator may have something to do with it.
Try reinstalling the mod in the game folder. Take Crafty sfall from the dontuse folder.
And say right away that you have linux installed. It would be quicker to find a solution, and not say "something isn't working".

Last edited:
Try reinstalling the mod in the game folder. Take Crafty sfall from the dontuse folder.
And say right away that you have linux installed. It would be quicker to find a solution, and not say "something isn't working".
Right. Sorry about that. I figured there'd be something wrong with the installer. I've been installing the game from the root folder. Installing it outside that causes the game to crash to desktop after the introductory loading screen. What's this Crafty sfall you'r referring to? Is it a version of sfall that is causing the issue? Also, thanks for your help. It's been awhile since I played this game. It's my favorite Fallout mod more so than Olympus.

а) There are 2 installation options:
1. Subfolder (default) - allows you to install several mods and play them and the original.
2. Main directory - only one mod or game. Do you want to play another one? Reinstall the game.
- sfall - everything is possible.

b) If you are not satisfied with the installation according to the first option (subfolder), then when choosing the second option, you need to: change the path to the main folder and click the "root directory mode" button\checkbox, otherwise the mod will not work correctly. It is written about this in the installer.

Last edited:
а) There are 2 installation options:
1. Subfolder (default) - allows you to install several mods and play them and the original.
2. Main directory - only one mod or game. Do you want to play another one? Reinstall the game.
- sfall - everything is possible.

b) If you are not satisfied with the installation according to the first option (subfolder), then when choosing the second option, you need to: change the path to the main folder and click the "root directory mode" button\checkbox, otherwise the mod will not work correctly. It is written about this in the installer.
I've been told that in order for the game to run at all it needs to install from the root directory. I could be missing something of course. I just tried reinstalling again, only to get the same result. I've uploaded a picture of it from my phone.
ezImIbN.jpg

Back