Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

All of these people being kicked out or "leaving", without any explanation from Paradox seems very suspicious.
If these people's work was done, Paradox would have just said that was the case.

But refusing to give any explanation is very eyebrow raising.
7yEPBav.gif

EDIT: After reading this (very recent) work placement review for paradox (from the glassdoor site), I don't have much hope for any RPG made by Paradox/Hardsuit:
RbVvNWZ.jpg

Last edited:
I will say that I really like their influencers and Outstar is amazing. She's adorable and gives the best news updates.

I am curious what the hell they're doing now as the game was effectively done in March in terms of the main campaign.

What are they fiddling with?

Well, this game is truly fucked now. This was just posted on Bloodlines 2's Discord server:

unknown.png

This game is hella cursed.

Wait, so was Hardsuit Labs 'the' development studio for the project and now a completely different studio will handle it?
Cause like. If Phil made a bunch of scripts and he knows the scripts in his head and how his notes makes sense of it all so he can easily go back into it to fix things now Ronald has to read all the scripts Phil made and make sense of them before he can work on them. And like, this with everything. If you change the development studio this far into development then before any proper development can take place they need to spend months figuring out what has been done and how it was done before they can continue working on it.

That sounds like a horrible idea.

Wait, so was Hardsuit Labs 'the' development studio for the project and now a completely different studio will handle it?
Cause like. If Phil made a bunch of scripts and he knows the scripts in his head and how his notes makes sense of it all so he can easily go back into it to fix things now Ronald has to read all the scripts Phil made and make sense of them before he can work on them. And like, this with everything. If you change the development studio this far into development then before any proper development can take place they need to spend months figuring out what has been done and how it was done before they can continue working on it.

That sounds like a horrible idea.

I have bad feeling about this, that Cyberpunk launch disaster in comparison will look as little accident and misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Yeah, Tencent spreads everywhere. They're a huge corporation.
Well to be fair to these companies, if they want to sell in China they are pretty much forced to work out some kind of deal with a Chinese company.

Besides this is a great way to get money out of China (in an almost scammy kind of way). Run a successful (edit: successor) company that looks good on paper. Then just as you are starting to become creatively bankrupt or lose key personnel, sell everything (or a significant ownership stake) to Tencent. Cash out, and then go somewhere else and start a new more successful business while Tencent has to deal with the barren husk of a once successful company.

Just be sure not to sign too strict of a non-compete clause. It's kind of the way of the world in the tech sector.

This game is hella cursed.
Maybe they should call it Bloodlines 2 Forever. The most important thing you can do is keep track of every time they switch game engines. If they switch game engines more than once, then you know that the story behind the game (if it is ever released) will become legendary.

Last edited:
One of the times that i hate being vindicated. In before this end up in a Duke Nukem Forever situation where it takes a literal decade to be released, and what is released is just completely mediocre.

I have also seen this being said in other places: you can't produce a sequel to the original. At least not a direct sequel. The original was pretty much a product of its time, and because of the current social climate, it will be impossible to honor what the first game did.

One of the times that i hate being vindicated. In before this end up in a Duke Nukem Forever situation where it takes a literal decade to be released, and what is released is just completely mediocre.

I have also seen this being said in other places: you can't produce a sequel to the original. At least not a direct sequel. The original was pretty much a product of its time, and because of the current social climate, it will be impossible to honor what the first game did.

With the jackoffs they keep hiring it sure will be hard for them to do anything worthwhile.

First played this game with older cousins and my dad DMing the game when I was like 9 or 10. Was a little too over my head with the game rules but it was still neat being huddled around the table pretending. You only ever hear about D&D or Warhammer now. Can't find a Numenera group either.

Perhaps Brian Mitsoda and Ka'ai Cluney were actually trying to honor the first game and that's why they were fired.

this game should just be cancelled.

after what happened with Brian Mitsoda and Chris Avallone i don't expect this game to be anywhere good. it's been tainted to much by current year.

I do remember me saying in this same thread, that this game's development did sound alarm bells in my head. And some people saying that the game was already finished and so firing Mitsoda and Cluney wouldn't affect the end product. I argued that this didn't seem the case and that I was afraid that the game wasn't near finished at all.

Now they change the developer studio? If this doesn't show how the game is not even close to completion, then I don't know what will.

I hate being right about bad stuff happening to what could be a great game. It's even more annoying because I can't even get smug satisfaction from being right. :wall:

If the original was going to get a followup it should have been like two or three years after the original. That would have been the perfect time to release it.

I genuinely want a sequel to the original because it has a lot of untapped potential. But like i said before, it's nigh impossible to make one that respects the original.

Also, reading CT Phipps's comment saying that the game was done in March is fucking hilarious. :lmao:

Last edited:
Back