Vault 13 Dweller Costume

zelcrow

First time out of the vault
Rate my costume:
DSCN0208xsmall.JPG

DSCN0213xsmall.JPG

DSCN0215xsmall.JPG
[/img]

Hey! This ain't too bad. Acually, I like it quite a lot. I like the big friggin' "13" on the back, that looks a lot like the "13" on the back of the ingame character. Great stuff, really. I'm sure The_Vault_Dweller will be quite interested in this. You made this yourself? What did you use? The shoes/boots are a bit off, IMO, but I have a feeling that the shoes/boots are probably one of the toughest things to get right.

Also: you don't look ridiculous in it. Sure, someone could easily mistake this for your pajamas, but those who know Fallout won't.
Great. Post some details about it when you have the time.

Really good job, the "13" is perfect. The boots remind me of the end sequence from FO1.

I would've had it fit a little bit tighter tho.

OH MAN!

I mean of all ironies I consider cosplaying and only decide to do it realising there's been no "Wasteland" themed cosplay and now that I've decided and planned someone pops outta nowhere not only with the same idea, but already done!

Not to say I'll stop or that you shouldnt have. The more the better to draw attention to our fandom.

Oh yes the outfit... :lol:

Excellent! I'm very impressed...the color and shape of the "13" is perfect and the shape of the vault suit is as well though the color is off.

Please tell me what material did you use and did you buy something or have to make it yourself?

Last, but not least let me welcome you to these forums. Its not often that someone starts a career here with a new thread that doesnt get them in trouble and not only that, but yours is excellent. I hope you stick around and enjoy all the things other people have made...it may inspire you even more.

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

P.S.

Love the pose in the second picture. :wink:

Its just GREAT... but i got a question... i`ve thinking about making a vault suit but i dont know what material to use... what did you use for yours?

I repeat its GREAT!!!!

Thank you very much for your replies.
I made this one for some kind of costume party, but no one recognized it. So, here this costume finally reaches deseved attention.

It's made of thick polyester material. It was a trainig costume, the first one I found that was in suitable color and without any labels.
I only made it a little tighter. The 13 number and rest of the yellow stuff are painted by hand with yellow/gold acrylic paint.

There are some more pictures:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/zelcrow/Stuff/

Simple but effective, although I hope The_Vault_Dweller comes up with something more elaborate.

I hope you took the opportunity to educate your friends at the party.

Thanks for sharing it with us zelcrow.

mhh... do you know what i am missing?
the G.E.E.K :) go out and find it.

yes its a very good costume, but with this you make it even harder to find a place in this "never-fallout played" society :( ... i know how it is to feels to be alone with this game... you know in a world full of half life kids... in a world of morrowinds.... in a world full of graphic fanatics....
Ops i better stop here now. O_o

Next Time i wanna see some real MKII Power Armor plus an 100 % steelmade Minigun.

Amen, brother.

Still, you said G.E.E.K. instead of G.E.K.K.! Therefore we must cut your balls off. ;)

And the idea of a Power Armor costume is not so wrong. There are actually people building "fake" power armors.

ultramarine2.jpg

Terminator%20marine%20big.jpg

Check the following links:

http://www.nimbacreations.com/

(it's a FX company... but still... Power Armor costumes are TECHNICALY possible!)

Vox said:
Amen, brother.

Still, you said G.E.E.K. instead of G.E.K.K.! Therefore we somebody must cut your balls off. ;)

And the idea of a Power Armor costume is not so wrong. There are actually people building "fake" power armors.

ultramarine2.jpg

(it's a FX company... but still... Power Armor costumes are TECHNICALY possible!)

Even if that powered armor doesnt work I'll be damned if I cant admit it looks real. I wonder if its too heavy to move in though?

Hey Vox thanks for those links. With a wide variety of clothes and many like that I will browse military surplus for the outfit.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

I can imagine it are leightweight materials with a REALLY GODD paintjob. Check the site I linked. They have a REAL hammer compared to one they made of ultra soft materials so you can hit somebody with it without injury.
film-prop.jpg

So the key is to use the right materials.

Foams and fibreglass might be useful yeah. Probably much harder to work with though.

Vox said:
Amen, brother.

Still, you said G.E.E.K. instead of G.E.K.K.! Therefore we must cut your balls off. ;)

More irony. You might need to find a geek to share your appreciation of Fallout, but you need a Garden of Eden Creation Kit G. E. C. K. (/big flashing letters) in the wasteland.

Burn heretic! :twisted:

Isn't it caled GEKK in the .ger version? (I hope it is, otherwise I have to sacrifice my gonads)

Vox said:
Amen, brother.

ultramarine2.jpg

Those armors ar from Warhammer 40000, a pretty old game, turnbased combat... I found it intresting at first but it's a bit boring... lol (played it when i was 15). Still, I like the looks of the first, but, for me, the best armors i ever saw was the Power Armor Mk2 (fallout 2) and Terran Marines' Armor (StarCraft).

Back