Vulnerable Children Mod!!!

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 and New Vegas Modding' started by TwinkieGorilla, Nov 13, 2008.

1. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
  2. TheFlyingBuddha

TheFlyingBuddha It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 29, 2008
    So is this essentially a script workaround, like attempting to quickly altyer the age categories of the children? Because personally such things tend not to interest me, given that they often produce wonky side effects.

3. TwinkieGorilla

Oct 19, 2007
    why don't you just click the link you lazy sod?

4. TheFlyingBuddha

TheFlyingBuddha It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 29, 2008
    I did, unfortunately the modder doesn't clearly describe what they did (a personal pet peeve). I'll have to try it when I get home. The screens show the one obvious problem that children's models weren't made with gore, but that's a minor problem.

My real concern is does little Biwwy morph into an adult when I start shooting at him? This would be personally an unsatisfactory method. Anyway, as I said, I'll try it when I get home later.

5. TwinkieGorilla

Oct 19, 2007
    nope. they just took the "invulnerable" piece away. the only dif. for the "optional" mod as i see it, adds the adult looking bodies underneath the armor for the sake of the bloody limbs as i understand it. i also asked the modder at the Beth site if it means children are vulnerable to other NPC's fire and damage as well, and he confirmed it.

pretty nifty mod without a CS if you ask me.

6. Spoonfeed

Spoonfeed It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 3, 2008
    Thanks for posting this, now i can finally "visit" little lamplight!

7. I_eat_supermutants

I_eat_supermutants Vault Senior Citizen

Feb 5, 2007
    Eeeesh. Makes me wish I had a decent PC to play on.
    I would really like to "visit" Little Lamplight.
    I unfortunately have no choice but to play on the ecksboughcks.

8. Necro-

Necro- It Wandered In From the Wastes

Nov 10, 2008
    personally i don't see this as a huge problem, but thats probably because i generally play the good guy.

9. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
    Because virtual children deserve to die more than anyone. Those little turds.

10. Oracle

Oracle Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 19, 2003
    that was pretty fast!

guess this will mean trouble for beth?

now i like to see the unkillable chacters being killable as well!
    I didnt play FO3 yet so would this be doable without messing up the wholw game?

11. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Not unless something in the game supports the functionality of this mod, which doesn't seem to be the case - the problem with the Oblivion nudity mod was that for some reason Bethesda had put nipples on their body models, thus providing the content that incensed ESRB (oh and they lied about the violence levels)

12. KillerBee256

KillerBee256 Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 31, 2008
    Now all we need is the child killer trait, thought I guess it would have to a "perk"

13. TwinkieGorilla

Oct 19, 2007
    i'm busy discussing it with Neclipse and other dudes over at the Bethie site. hopefully we can make some headway with this. if he can get it situated, i'm going to try to make a f03-friendly image based on the original reputation image for it.

and no, we are NOT wanting it to be a perk.

14. Nullifidian

Nullifidian First time out of the vault

Nov 4, 2008
    Everything special like that though is handled as a Perk in Fallout 3. They don't have a way to differentiate from achievements.

It can be added as a perk the second you kill more than 1 child. In Fallout 1 and 2, IIRC you had to kill 2 children before being labelled a child killer. Childkiller perk should give an instant -800 karma or something and have the chance of Regulators showing up tripled or more.

15. NielsK

NielsK First time out of the vault

Sep 12, 2008
    Uhh nice, now we just need the eyes and groin hitboxes, then I'll have a feast running around taking aimed hits with my super sledge :twisted:. umm that really brings back good memories of fo2 :D

16. TwinkieGorilla

Oct 19, 2007
    yep, yep. it's bein' discussed. what i mean is...it shouldn't have "Perk" qualities. it should just appear after killing a kid. and yeah, i just brought up the whole "kill 3 or more, bounty hunters, etc" thing.

this whole thing could and/will take a shit ton of work i'd assume...without the CS, but imo will be really worth it in the end.

17. Magnus

Magnus Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Dec 6, 2007
    I can't remember my Nexus username and my e-mail address is already taken so I can't create a new one. Is there any other place where this can be uploaded? FileFront perhaps?

18. TwinkieGorilla

Oct 19, 2007
    why don't you just create a new hotmail account and re-register?

19. Magnus

Magnus Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Dec 6, 2007
    I don't like having many accounts, they tend to be very rarely used and then forgotten. Anyway, I managed to get the mod. For anyone wanting more than a screenshot, here's the YouTube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JckLgWUUNM

20. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Does this allow you to target children in VATS, too?