Wasteland 2 adds over $150K in a day, passes $1.8M

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
In the 24 hours since it was made public that Obsidian and Chris Avellone would lend a hand to Wasteland 2 if the drive reached $2.1M, well over $155K has been pledged by way of Kickstarter (plus around $7K from paypal) according to the Ruined Kingdoms charting. As of this writing it stands at $1,811,644 (plus $25,820 from Paypal). The rate of donations is slowing down again, but even if it doesn't pick up again at the end, the steady rate of $20K a day means that even with this most negative of projections, it will hit $2.1million (16 days left at $20K a day is at least $320K still to go). More likely is that the Kickstarter will slow down now and then pick up again in the final days as fence-sitters donate and the media pays attention again.

<center></center>
In slightly related news, the NMA bar drive will be open until this Friday (I will probably close it around the same o'clock as this newspost). It has raised 1395 so far, so we have more than enough for the bar itself, but if you've got money to burn, there's a good spot to burn it. All money donated to the Chipin drive goes directly to inXile.

Yes. $2.1 is the goal total for Kickstarter plus Paypal.

Paypal is fairly minor though, to be honest. Less than 30K total. Kickstarter raises that every two days.

I don't suppose there's any chance that if we're 100k short, Brian will chip in the 100k that he was going to put in when he wanted to reach a million, will he? :)

I admit - I'm a slacker. I finally put in my Kickstarter pledge, though. I didn't even know it was linked to Amazon. If I had, I would have pledged sooner (I didn't have my credit card on me before).

I guess there is a good chance that it will reach those 2,1 million goal after all no?

Obsidian has some pretty good writers. So if they really are on board that can be only a good thing different writters will mean quets with different style I like that. And I don't think people have to worry that much about bugs. I am sure Obsidian will leave those at home ;)

Back