Wasteland 2 Combat Trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Sander, Sep 4, 2014.

1. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
    Are there no moe character customization DLC?
    just kidding :lol:

2. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005

Yeah, but that's the problem. He was running away from me to some robots in shadow-y areas where he then died in very short time. I find it too tedious to babysit him under such circumstances. Such companions should have the option to stay in x range to your party at any time. E.g. never ever would that robot run away from me further than one or max. two action points (even the range of 2 action points makes it already annoying to keep him alive. Especially if you are fighting more and harder enemies).

The ai in that case just isn't very tactical. Oh there are lotsa hard ass foes in front of us? Don't worry, I'll handle it! *Storms right into the frontlines and dies*

For me, the only good and useful non-controllable companion in combat is the Night Terror. And this only because it has 8000hp and doesn't get into combat at all unless you accidentally hit it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  3. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I would like to see a fight with the Scorpitron!

Oh, and exoskeleton/Power armor of course.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  4. sydney_roo

sydney_roo Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 24, 2008
    There already is a reference to the power armor present in the game, Crni Vuk. This game has nonetheless turned out to be something entirely less than what I expected. Combat is a complete drag even Fallout & Fallout 2's combat while buggy and glitchy at times was fun to play. I played the latest beta 'till the chopper sequence where it abruptly stops (I believe it is before LA). Dialogues however are well-written and you can pass solve few quests here and there without resorting to combat, although halfway through the beta (I'm assuming, or rather hoping, 1/4 of the main game) it is heavily combat-oriented. Won't be playing 1.0.0.0. Will prolly wait for a few hotfixes, patches first.

5. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    what is it that bothers you about the combat? Just curious.

6. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    He said that combat is "a complete drag". A "drag" is "a boring or tiresome thing (or person)". And that's what bothers him.

I had the exact same feeling when I watched others play through the beta.

7. TorontoReign

TorontoReign ⛧卐⛧ Staff Member Moderator [REDACTED]

Apr 1, 2005
    You're bringing me down man. Quit being a drag.

8. Crni Vuk

Nov 25, 2008
    No shit sherlock*.

But a few more details would not hurt either, I was not following wasteland 2's development in detail, so it would be good to explain why it is boring, is the combat not tactical enough? does it not offer enough options? No variation in enemies, weapon choices etc. Someone for example could say that he finds JA2s combat extremly boring and dull, which is fair enough I guess, not everyone likes everything, but for me JA2s combat was always tactical, exciting and fun.

*Still like you Alec

9. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Keep in mind that watching other people playing is boring like... most of the time anyway? Well at least I can't watch other people playing shit on yt, because it bores me to death.

10. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Not always:

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  11. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Will the disk work without downloading 20GB worth of data? My internet sucks.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  12. Yamu

Yamu Le Fromage Vieux oTO Moderator Orderite Board Cop oTO

Jul 26, 2003
    We'll have to wait and see how much they've patched in by the time they start sending the physical rewards or the discs go to retailers. As of yet, I was under the impression that nobody (or at least, nobody who didn't know a guy) had a hard copy to work from.

As of now, I can tell you that the version we got installed quickly and painlessly, and this coming from an area where Comcast holds an effective monopoly over non-satellite internet and performs about as well as you'd expect as a result. There was either no post-dl patching, or so little it went unnoticed and unannounced.

13. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Just curious. I have satellite internet and it hasn't been working worth a shit. I'm sick of it. So I'm waiting for the physical rewards I guess.