Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #1

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by WorstUsernameEver, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    The games industry seems to be pretty crisis-resisant.
    Well, in Europe at least - I'm not aware of any American sales figures.

2. DemonNick

DemonNick It Wandered In From the Wastes

Feb 17, 2010
    It's not so much a crisis as a slow decline. Look at EA. Their revenue is down and their net income is negative. But they're losing less money than they were previously and they're not really going anywhere. THQ is still in the black but their revenue is shrinking. Ditto for Atari and Ubisoft.

They're not going anywhere but there's a very real contraction in terms of how much money they're making.

3. Blazerfrost

Blazerfrost First time out of the vault

May 30, 2007
    I would prefer it if the publishers (and their creative input) stay out of it. If inXile can make a decent cRPG for $1 million, then why do they need a $30 million budget?

4. egalor

egalor Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 20, 2007

5. Bewitched

Bewitched aka Vault_13

Jun 13, 2006
    I have created a Russian version of Kickstarter page. It can be found here. We are working on making Russian subtitles for the video too.

6. kgreene

kgreene First time out of the vault

Jan 30, 2006
    Just passed $600K, 10K+ backers!

7. 13pm

13pm Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 10, 2007
    Guys, you'd better work on translation of the main text more. It's really bad at the moment.

8. Zaij

Zaij Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Feb 10, 2004
    It's interesting that not a single person has paid for the $2500 pledge yet.

9. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    well money does not grow on trees. I can only guess that those which have the money pay more then 2500 and those which can pay would not go for more then 100 or 200 or the like. But that is just a guess.

10. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Maybe people will start going for $2,500 once the two highest tiers are taken?

11. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Skeleton King oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    The $2500 doesn't offer anything great IMO. I like Blood Sausages, but it should offer more.

12. SumsoluS

SumsoluS The Punchinator

May 9, 2004
    It's not just a blood sausage, it's a creature figurine exploding guts everywhere.