Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #1

DemonNick said:
The major publishers might be seeing shrinking revenues because of the economy,

The games industry seems to be pretty crisis-resisant.
Well, in Europe at least - I'm not aware of any American sales figures.

Jebus said:
DemonNick said:
The major publishers might be seeing shrinking revenues because of the economy,

The games industry seems to be pretty crisis-resisant.
Well, in Europe at least - I'm not aware of any American sales figures.

It's not so much a crisis as a slow decline. Look at EA. Their revenue is down and their net income is negative. But they're losing less money than they were previously and they're not really going anywhere. THQ is still in the black but their revenue is shrinking. Ditto for Atari and Ubisoft.

They're not going anywhere but there's a very real contraction in terms of how much money they're making.

Beelzebud said:
Publishers should be taking notice, but given the current state of the games industry, they won't.

I would prefer it if the publishers (and their creative input) stay out of it. If inXile can make a decent cRPG for $1 million, then why do they need a $30 million budget?

Blazerfrost said:
Beelzebud said:
stay out of it. If inXile can make a decent cRPG for $1 million, then why do they need a $30 million budget?

I think it's because larger budgets are required to fund more technically advanced games such as those using first person view.

I have created a Russian version of Kickstarter page. It can be found here. We are working on making Russian subtitles for the video too.

Bewitched said:
I have created a Russian version of Kickstarter page. It can be found here. We are working on making Russian subtitles for the video too.

Guys, you'd better work on translation of the main text more. It's really bad at the moment.

well money does not grow on trees. I can only guess that those which have the money pay more then 2500 and those which can pay would not go for more then 100 or 200 or the like. But that is just a guess.

Ausir said:
Maybe people will start going for $2,500 once the two highest tiers are taken?

The $2500 doesn't offer anything great IMO. I like Blood Sausages, but it should offer more.

Back