Wasteland 3 Cult of the Holy Detonation released

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

The last DLC for Wasteland 3, Cult of the Holy Detonation, was released today.

InXile said:
Cult of the Holy Detonation brings together years of experience developing Wasteland 3, allowing us to create some of our best environments, creatures, weapons, and designs, and put them all into the subterranean, mutant-infested government stronghold of Cheyenne Mountain. It’s a blast.

The Desert Rangers will once again need to dive into a messy situation, sort out the major players and their motivations, and if necessary, take them to task. In true Wasteland fashion your decisions can have wide-reaching repercussions, and the decisions you’ve made up until this point can and will impact how the events within Cheyenne Mountain play out. This expansion also introduces objective-based combats, which are marquee events that require you to use your squad in new and unexpected ways. It’s going to put even the most battle-hardened among you to the test. For an extra challenge, try it on Supreme Jerk, with difficult skill checks and permadeath turned on, while being level 16. We dare you.

I haven't played WL3 yet but now would probably be a good time.

Brian Fargo said:
COHD is complete, enjoy! This also marks the end of an era for us working with 3rd party publishers, we'll get to spend more focus and attention purely on the creative.

This is also the last InXile product to be released in collaboration with a partner outside of Microsoft. We'll see what the future holds for Brian Fargo and his gang.

I backed on fig and bought the DLC season pass a while ago so I'm all set. However that might be a good purchase for people coming in now!

Yeah sorry about that people. My stupid brain is at it again (my usual excuse).

I will try to have something tomorrow done or on Tuesday and then have TorontRayne or Proletären check it out for grammar and sentence errors before putting it online.
But I have an important appointment tomorrow first.

I am going to wait with the announcement for the final release version as there are still some small issues to resolve.

I will tell Vostyok that you liked the mod Sagez.

BTW, out of curiosity. Has anyone noticed my username in the credits?

Ok I am bumping this to let you guys know they have been doing steady updates since this game was launched but it is still a little buggy. That being said it has not crashed once so they are nagging little bugs like one of your companions showing up as a quest location on the map when he is not anymore. Many of them can be solved by just restarting the game or reloading before the glitch occurred. Buy on sale or wait for more fixes if you are into immersion.

Back