Wasteland 3: Released

Discussion in 'Wasteland Discussion' started by Proletären, Aug 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Proletären

Proletären Vault Dweller

Mar 15, 2012
    Wasteland 3 is out! Discuss it here.

2. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    They've added little cartoon characters to go with the skills. A fat robot and a skinny robot. They seem very similar in style to Vault Boy, but I kind of like them. They're pretty tongue-in-cheek, so I am willing to accept their presence.

Literally just going through character customization now. One thing I note is that we're down to just Kiss Ass and Hard Ass now. Smart Ass as a speech skill seems to be gone. It doesn't seem to be rolled into another skill either.

3. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    Perhaps they just do straight intelligence checks? I haven't started it yet myself. Been busy with work. So I'm just taking a wild guess. :P

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    I'm not sure, I played through the tutorial area with a friend. Options that aren't available, like kiss ass are written red to indicate I can't use them, and I've not seen anything that resembles a general intelligence check outside of actual use on world objects.

I do also hear of and had some issues with getting co-op to work. I'll go on record here and say that the workaround I and my friend found was to use Hamachi to set up a private VPN, since we already had one set up for playing Victoria II. He's on GoG and I'm on Steam. If you're planning to co-op with a friend, for now I think the best recommendation is to just both of you use Steam so the invitation system in-game works. You can also use my solution, but just be warned it seems to be a bit rough on release, and a lot of people are having problems.

I've read of people having other problems I've yet to encounter, like quests disappearing and needing to be redone in co-op, so I would recommend checking to ensure everything is fine and making a manual save every thirty minutes or something.

I do understand that level of jank is probably a dealbreaker for a lot of people. It's not for me, but I'm throwing it out there as a warning for people who won't tolerate that sort of thing.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix Psued.

Mar 9, 2018
    What's with all the gay indie songs and covers in this fucking game, it feels like Mark Morgan or whoever else was in charge was railing some alternative chick and included all this shit to get some nookie. The rest or the soundtrack isn't much to write home about either in my opinion.

6. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    Lucky for me I like alternative then. Though until now I've only heard the gospel music. Taking it a bit slow.

7. MayonaiseCream

MayonaiseCream First time out of the vault

Nov 22, 2017
    I asked the developers on discord and got an answer. Seems it's gonna take some time:

Achievement issues are known to us, not likely to be addressed in our next update (tentatively planned for early-ish next month). So the fix(es) will be sometime thereafter, but not by too long of a shot. That's about as specific as I can be on that just now.