Wasteland 3: Released!

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Proletären, Aug 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Proletären

Proletären A Smooth-Skin

Mar 15, 2012

Wasteland 3 was successfully funded on fig back in November 2016. It released today to favorable reviews.
    It remains to be seen if it manages to sell well and what the players think of it. Initial reactions seem to be overwhelmingly positive from what I can tell.

We would very much like a NMA review that puts this game under scrutiny. Feel free to contact any administrator if you are inclined to write such a review for us.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what the people of NMA thinks of the game.

2. Ediros

Ediros Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 4, 2016
    I am simply going to wait and see. Week should be enough for the hype to die down. It could be good, but if there is something I learned thanks to AAA is that they can do anything. Like introducing microtransactions to a game, a month after release. Crash Bandicot.

3. Proletären

Proletären A Smooth-Skin

Mar 15, 2012
    Personally I probably wont have the time to play for a couple of months.

4. Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 10, 2018
    Shiny and plastic-y... Really don't like the music. A lot of gore, though.

So that Aztec woman is the main villain?

5. farchettiensis

farchettiensis First time out of the vault

Feb 5, 2015
    A bit pricey, I'd say. With the current supply of games, I'm not in a rush to buy a game for this price. The amount of "post-apocalyptic" games is not negligible, not to mention "Fallout/Wasteland-like" games, and I just can't bring myself to get interested in pastiche.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    I picked it up to play with a friend. Honestly I just enjoy this co-op CRPG sort of thing. I'll play through on my own as well most likely.

This is one of the few games I was even interested at all in this year, so it's sort of a given that I would pick it up.

7. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I did have this game on my game wishlist for a while even though I was rather disappointed with its predecessor which I backed on Kickstarter though that was to blame on myself as I did not know Wasteland 1 that well.

As I am not going to get it any time soon because it is quite expensive and I am not much of a gamer these days I decided to look up a walkthrough for the storyline as that is always very important for me along with the gameplay.
    I am not going to post any spoilers for people who intend to play it. Let me just say that the storyline/campaign in general is very fitting for a PA themed game (not your usual "Someone wants to exterminate all the normies/mutants) but I myself just can not care about it.
    I had hoped that it had been the build up for a much grander plot but that sadly is not the case. I still prefer Fallout 1, 2, and FNV+DLC.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  8. farchettiensis

farchettiensis First time out of the vault

Feb 5, 2015
    Just found out it's "free", if you have Microsoft's Game Pass. In my country, you get a discount for the first month, which I suppose might be enough to try it out. I don't really feel like trying it, though, just giving the heads-up.

9. Hubal

Hubal It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 11, 2014
    Shiny, cartoonish, music sucks, graphics looks like a ghost busters fucked power rangers. Don't bother.

10. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    I just found out about the Faders

These are genetic super soldiers being grown in Cheyenne mountain. They are sort of a collective of clones that believe that they are to rebuild America one day.

I know it is a cliche but I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if during the mission you do for the Patriarch to round up his kids that you discover that there is something much bigger going on in the background; there is an army forming that one day is going to take over Colorado and then move out into the other states.
    The Faders prove to be the real threat, they have already been testing the Patriarch and his nation for their eventual invasion and the main reason why the Patriarch needed the Rangers to deal with his children and their armies is so that he can prepare for the coming of the Fader Army.

Of course the Rangers, being the bad ass heroes they are, eventually deal with the Faders. Either coming to a peaceful solution or ending up nuking Cheyenne Mountain.

Oh well, it could have been.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  11. drawnacrol

drawnacrol It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 5, 2010
    It's included on Xbox Gamepass so it will only cost me €10 to play. I found Wasteland 2 a but clunky with a controller and it had some big flaws which I think they've largely addressed in the sequel. I'll give it a download.

12. CarryTrainer.Editor

CarryTrainer.Editor First time out of the vault

Jun 2, 2018
    After playing Wasteland 3 a bit this weekend I can confirm this game kicks ass.

I wasn't sure about the whole Colorado theme at first... but playing to Colorado Springs it's won me over. It's still got the same soul as Wasteland 2, just way way better. Damn good RPG so far.

13. SquidVan

SquidVan Pirate and Bankrobber

Jun 1, 2018
    60 dollars is the norm especially when you're owned by Microsoft. I wait for sales anyway. I'll probably pick this up when it's 30 or under. If I hear super great things about it I may pick it up around 40-45. Also depends on when I run out of other shit I wanted to play before it.

14. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    The more I learn about this game's storyline the more disappointed I am regarding that department.

I honestly recommend that people play this game because they want an turn based combat RPG where the "dressing" or content is not that important compared to how you can solve the quests and do battles.

15. Proletären

Proletären A Smooth-Skin

Mar 15, 2012
    How much of a Patriarch could he be if he can't even control his own children?

16. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    I bought it as my brother and I wanted a co-op RPG ala Divinity: Original Sin 1 & 2.

Having fun so far but I can't say how favourable it will stay.

17. Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 10, 2018
    I also bought it a few days ago, and I have to say that so far I am leaning towards don't judge the book by it's cover. The first few hours in have been quite good. Of course that's only me and I don't mind solving a problem or two with excess of bullets.