Wasteland Workshop Released!

How dare you fuckin discriminate me you god-damn patriarchal cis-gender fuckin ableist allistic motherfucker.

You've been institutionalized by your abhorring love for a racist, sexist, classist and xenophobic game. Every word that you type hastily with your Dorito man claws in your man-spreading, filthy abode?

You want to me try harder? I've got more material to work with, trust me.
I don't really eat Doritos, haven't for a really long time but from the sounds of it you sound like you need institutionalized or need some serious help before you off someone unexpectedly. Still, you're no Dragonborn.

Mutated Manhater DLC when? :D
From what i have seen from YouTube videos, the Workshop have interesting features that weren't featured as mods yet, like nixie tubes, trapdoors, cycling lights or something that simple as label letters.
Now, would the price for this DLC be justified, if the item selection were more extensive? Tenfold the selection, for example?

No, if modders can do it then it doesn't deserve to be a fully priced DLC. If it were like Gun Runners Arsenal and only costed $2 it would be cool, I still wouldn't buy it, but it'd be a welcome addition to the Ultimate/GOTY edition.

^ I agree, if it feels like a mod then it shouldn't be something they charge for.

I was very young at the time but I loved Total Annihilation and they released essentially content packs in addition to expansion packs for the full game. Total Annihilation was a RTS from the mid 90's and these content packs if I remember right had a few maps and units you could download from their official site, essentially what wasteland workshop is.

I don't think that Automation was a great piece of DLC but if they released something of its scope for 8 bucks every month for the rest of the year it could of really fleshed out the base game. I don't think they are gonna do that though even with their "revised" DLC plans seeing what a letdown wasteland workshop is.

It again is such a shame too considering what F)3 and NV brought to the table in terms of DLC. I don't think all of that DLC was a slam dunk but it was at least ambitious and interesting, while adding a ton of contend to the games in terms of asset creation and lore. This reflects more what customers expect from DLC now rather when what they are capable of and that is just sad.

@fenrir1536 I would see that positively. It seems Bethesda made an experiment, which DLC would be received better and whether the low amount of content will be considered a high price tag.
Seeing the current rankings, Automatron was received rather well, unlike Wasteland Workshop. And if we don't get DLCs like Automatron, it seems likely that we won't get the DLCs like Wasted Workshopper anymore, at least i hope so.

For people that defend that since it is "just" $5 it has plenty of content for a DLC, they need to know that the game Thea: The Awakening just got a free DLC

Here's what's added:
  • Localization to German, French, Polish and Russian
  • 70 new events
  • Events Editor that lets you create your own stories and share them with others
  • Full English voiceover
  • Additional buildings, items, and item quality modifiers
  • New music tracks and artwork
  • Tons of improvements and fixes
(Quoted from this GOG.com thread)

Bethesda should really be ashamed of their Wasteland Workshop DLC.

Witcher 3: 16 Free DLC adds several new quests and items.

Expansion Pass: $25

First DLC: $10 gives you 10-15 hour story expansion

Fallout 4: $50 Season Pass. $15 gets you 2 paid mods and a 4 hour "story"

Back