Wastelanders DLC?

D

Deleted member 98605

Apparently Bethesda is working on implementing NPCs for quests and chatting and maybe settlements?

It's still in a stupid manner as people are rushing *into* Appalachia from the outside rather than being indig. I guess the Scorch Plague can't be retconned or w/e the fuck. Two settlements: Crater and Foundation, maybe two big sides to chose from?

Hmm.

Apparently Bethesda is working on implementing NPCs for quests and chatting and maybe settlements?

The beta is happening now

It's still in a stupid manner as people are rushing *into* Appalachia from the outside rather than being indig. I guess the Scorch Plague can't be retconned or w/e the fuck.

That's not entirely true, most people left because of the scorched plague or other reasons. They only need a reason to return. There's also nothing to say that Wastelanders will not have NPCs who never left.

Honestly people coming back after the events in 76 is one of the rare moments of making sense in Bethesda Fallout. Me personally, I don't play it but I wanna know the ass pull for this puppy...

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Secret_Service_power_armor

Just...why? I love how Power Armor went from a relatively rare form of armor to "LOL JK EVERYONE HAS IT BRO!".

This nonsense started with Fallout 4 when you literally got a suit of power armor and a minigun 10 minutes into the game. I always hated this foolishness. Later on you encounter a town/faction of people called the "Atom Cats" and it's literally a bunch of greasers that trick out power armor like it's a car (with flames painted on the legs). This is seriously something that happens. I will say in Fallout 76 you don't tend to encounter power armor until a bit later but there's nothing to stop you from having it at level 1 if you know where to go. They've also extended the number of power armor pieces and there's at least 5 or 6 models or something like that (not counting skins).

If anyone should have power armor, it should be the Secret Service with how jingoistic and corrupt the presidency was by the end of the war. I don't really see the problem here.

Yeah, power armor has been extremely abused by Bethesda (and some of their new designs are trashy in my opinion,) but is this really a good example of that abuse?

Honestly, I'd figured the Secret Service would use scout armor as it's light and would suit their purposes well. It just seems odd that we have to have another model of power armor. I mean, it looks cool and all, but this is Bethesda and they need a new model to advertise their new product.

Honestly, I'd figured the Secret Service would use scout armor as it's light and would suit their purposes well. It just seems odd that we have to have another model of power armor. I mean, it looks cool and all, but this is Bethesda and they need a new model to advertise their new product.
Consider that Frank Horrigan is a member of the Secret Service in 2242. The Secret Service of 2242 appear to wear Power Armor and regularly conduct raids on Brotherhood of Steel outposts, more in line with their proactive origin in defending America's sovereignty than their current existence as security detail for government officials. Granted, Fallout 76 is closer to the bombs dropping than it is to Fallout 2, but with the Enclave's existence before the war and presumably no 9/11 or Iraq War in the Fallout timeline it's not unrealistic that the Secret Service never really transitioned into their homeland security role anyway.

I totally get that they'd use power armor. I think my biggest problem is, why make a new model? I'd assume they'd have access to the X01 suits.

This nonsense started with Fallout 4 when you literally got a suit of power armor and a minigun 10 minutes into the game. I always hated this foolishness. Later on you encounter a town/faction of people called the "Atom Cats" and it's literally a bunch of greasers that trick out power armor like it's a car (with flames painted on the legs). This is seriously something that happens. I will say in Fallout 76 you don't tend to encounter power armor until a bit later but there's nothing to stop you from having it at level 1 if you know where to go. They've also extended the number of power armor pieces and there's at least 5 or 6 models or something like that (not counting skins).
To be fair, in 76, you have to be around level 30ish to actually use the armour part of the PA. Until a certain level, you can't equip any pieces. You can only use the frames.

Meh it is just the cherry on top of the contradictions between Fallout 4 and 76, and Fallout 1 and 2.

It would be more normal if most available power armor was T-45D and the rare T-51B with perhaps some experimental armor modifications that never made it to general production.

As for the topic of this subject; a little too late but Fallout 76 customers will probably suck it up anyway.
An attempt to fix a flaw that could have been avoided in the first place.

I was gifted Fallout 76 by a friend who knew I loved Fallout but didn't really know anything about it. I played up until I think Level 18 or something back in Christmas 2018 but stopped playing after it got too much.

Since Wastelanders is free, I might unironically give it another try and see if there have been improvements since Winter 2018. My gut says no, but you never know.
A hot take is that I actually kind of enjoyed my time with 76 more than I did with Fallout 4. The emptiness/hollowness was so much better than constant stupidity and shit being bombared at my face like in 4, and Appalachia is actually a nice map despite the fact it has literally nothing of value in it content wise.

just downloaded wastelanders. it's pretty good so far. if bethesda keeps on the path of this maybe we'll get something on new vegas level for the next entry in the series

just downloaded wastelanders. it's pretty good so far. if bethesda keeps on the path of this maybe we'll get something on new vegas level for the next entry in the series
But wasn't New Vegas actually NOT good?

Oh, right. You forgot your tag, sir. Here:
bethestard.png

Bethesda producing something on the level of Fallout New Vegas.

Well I am pretty sure Hell is already frozen over and Satan is skating to work and it is only a matter of time before scientists announce that they have finally created a flying pig, putting an end to that saying.

But something like that would require a rearrangement of the universe on a scale that is impossible.

But something like that would require a rearrangement of the universe on a scale that is impossible.
Not a rearrangement, the universe need to literally return back into the singularity and another big bang needs to occur and even then, I'm not sure if Bethshitda would ever be able to produce anything vaguely close to New Vegas.

Not a rearrangement, the universe need to literally return back into the singularity and another big bang needs to occur and even then, I'm not sure if Bethshitda would ever be able to produce anything vaguely close to New Vegas.

Well if we go with the theory of an infinite multiverse then somewhere out there is a universe with a Bethesda that actually makes good Fallout games.
And most likely this Earth is ruled by intelligent carrots.

Well if we go with the theory of an infinite multiverse then somewhere out there is a universe with a Bethesda that actually makes good Fallout games.
And most likely this Earth is ruled by intelligent carrots.
Oh God, it's a universe where the height of intelligence is where you say stuff like, "I'm looking for my father. Middle-aged guy. Maybe you've seen him?" without even slightest of cringe!

Overall seems to be pretty meh from what I've seen and heard about it. The settlers don't even care if you drop a nuke on them. Still wanna hear the explanation for the T-65 power armor.

Last edited:
Back