Weapons in Fallout 4?

wow I almost forgot abt all the ammo variations in nv, what an amazing job Bethesda did removing stuff...

Magnus
No, there aren't any ammo types... Buut, in their infinite half assed lazy way, Beth has implemented a weird way to implement armor piercing property onto your crafted weapons. You simply choose the "armor piercing" receiver option from the available mod options.
Don't ask. Logic Not Found.

- What are you talking about? I just love those Enchanted items. They make so much sense! We have smithing, where you can mod your weapons and armor, we have alchemy, where you can brew potions, we only lack the ability to make our own enchantments. Don't worry, I'm sure Bethesda will fix this oversight.
- What? What do you mean this is not Skyrim?!

- What are you talking about? I just love those Enchanted items. They make so much sense! We have smithing, where you can mod your weapons and armor, we have alchemy, where you can brew potions, we only lack the ability to make our own enchantments. Don't worry, I'm sure Bethesda will fix this oversight.

I have to assume you're a console peasant. Everyone knows they included it with the console command mini game.

I have to assume you're a console peasant. Everyone knows they included it with the console command mini game.

... Come again?

You can apply the legendary effects via console command. It was a poor joke about how the pc games have the console to fix everything.

I always mod out the "enchantments" out of the fallout games. Except for the power armor, I actually expanded and shifted those

Yeah, I have a problem with the weapons. Most of them look junk. Some rusty pipes that I wouldn't even call guns. One thing I liked in Fallout Vegas, the AK-s, the M16 look rifles, the 1911s, etc. In Fallout 4, I found only 3 .44 revolver but that's it so far.

Why does my .44 revolver does Freezing damage?! No I mean why? No wait I mean how? I mean if you shoot a gun, the bullet moves fast? So? I dont know heat or something? I am not a gun nut but i dont know if bullets freeze. I dont know Bethesda...NRT is nirnroot so Fallout 4 is Elder Scrolls Falllout? what going on... help me Michael Cain.
#BethesdaLogic

Why does my .44 revolver does Freezing damage?! No I mean why? No wait I mean how? I mean if you shoot a gun, the bullet moves fast? So? I dont know heat or something? I am not a gun nut but i dont know if bullets freeze. I dont know Bethesda...NRT is nirnroot so Fallout 4 is Elder Scrolls Falllout? what going on... help me Michael Cain.
#BethesdaLogic

Hey, wooden board of freezing. Nuff said.

Damn Bethesda. At least the R91 assault rifle in Fallout 3 was applicable and made sense. The Assault rifle in Fallout 4 is just big unwieldly, I wouldn't see pre war militaries yielding such a weapon. It would've done better as a SAW or LMG.
Well, actually the current bulky "Assault Rifle" is named "Machine Gun" in the game archive. There's an unfinished real Assault Rifle model, a high-def FO3 Chinese Assault Rifle.
I guess they don't have time to finish it, so they just rename the machine gun to assault rifle and be done with it. But honestly even if they keep it as the machine gun, it still looks ridiculous.

Also pipe guns are overabundant (Lv33 now, and still run into bunch of raiders/super mutants with auto pipe guns), as if Bethesda wants to make them the staple weapon for FO4.
Not to mention nearly all weapons are overweighted, unless in FO4 Boston people use some smaller customary unit than Pound.

Damn Bethesda. At least the R91 assault rifle in Fallout 3 was applicable and made sense. The Assault rifle in Fallout 4 is just big unwieldly, I wouldn't see pre war militaries yielding such a weapon. It would've done better as a SAW or LMG.
Well, actually the current bulky "Assault Rifle" is named "Machine Gun" in the game archive. There's an unfinished real Assault Rifle model, a high-def FO3 Chinese Assault Rifle.
I guess they don't have time to finish it, so they just rename the machine gun to assault rifle and be done with it. But honestly even if they keep it as the machine gun, it still looks ridiculous.

Also pipe guns are overabundant (Lv33 now, and still run into bunch of raiders/super mutants with auto pipe guns), as if Bethesda wants to make them the staple weapon for FO4.
Not to mention nearly all weapons are overweighted, unless in FO4 Boston people use some smaller customary unit than Pound.

It's ridiculous even as a machinegun. This isn't the 1910s-30s. And the thought they left something unfinished and half-assed, while not surprising in the least, is preposterous after such a long development time.

The art book conrifms the "Assault Rifle" was originally called the Machine Gun. Which would've been better. I'd prefer the damn R91 to this monstrosity

The art book conrifms the "Assault Rifle" was originally called the Machine Gun. Which would've been better. I'd prefer the damn R91 to this monstrosity
I wish the R91 had made a comeback in FO4, the G3 actually makes a lot of sense as a service rifle for the Fallout future (I mean it's used by a number of militaries now).

Yeah, I have a problem with the weapons. Most of them look junk. Some rusty pipes that I wouldn't even call guns. One thing I liked in Fallout Vegas, the AK-s, the M16 look rifles, the 1911s, etc. In Fallout 4, I found only 3 .44 revolver but that's it so far.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_weapons

There's too much focus on unique, wacky weapons like the Junk Jet and Fat Man, and none for conventional firearms. That's the main problem - I like a gimmicky gun or two, but when they make up nearly half the available arms in the game, it sorts of loses its value. No, actually, it loses ALL of its value.

I want four differently-modelled alternate-stat variants of pistols of the same caliber. Then repeat for different calibers. Not three handguns, one for each caliber, then focus on all the "unique" zappy ones. I barely used the Gamma Gun, guys. C'mon.

Can't use a powerfist in power armor, yeah that's a thing.
You're joking right? Then again power armor falls apart because it's made from aluminum cans. That's a thing apparently. Oh I forgot about the pathetic minigun, Fallout 1and 2 it shreds poor bastards but in this game it tickles them. Maybe it's because people don't know their own physiology.

You're joking right? Then again power armor falls apart because it's made from aluminum cans. That's a thing apparently. Oh I forgot about the pathetic minigun, Fallout 1and 2 it shreds poor bastards but in this game it tickles them. Maybe it's because people don't know their own physiology.
The minigun is a joke. It may seem good during that one mission at Concord, but once you get to any level higher than 6 it becomes nothing more than scrap-for-caps.

The minigun is a joke. It may seem good during that one mission at Concord, but once you get to any level higher than 6 it becomes nothing more than scrap-for-caps.

I thought it already sucked when I was using it against the first Deathclaw in the game, using every round I had and its health bar only went down part way. Balancing goes out the window when it comes to Bethesda games.

Back