What Are Your Favorite Video Games of All Time

Did you guys mean to say this in the books thread? I agree with you guys that people have silly standards like movies are inherently better because they're more exciting or old games/movies suck. I know people that think Witcher 1 is too janky and dated to be "good." They were astounded that I beat Wasteland 1 a couple years ago.

i'm just saying that the practice of discarding things simply because there are new alternatives (that aren't inherently superior) and for literally no other reason is dumb and homosexual.

When I first bought Disciples 2, half an hour in, I was seriously thinking that I had made a mistake in purchasing it—it didn't seem like a good game*. But after an hour in... I had no interest in quitting; after eighteen hours in, I decided to go to bed.

*Your millage may vary; tastes differ, and the game seems very simple on the surface—and it is. Now I am careful playing it, just as I am careful whenever I pick up the novel Shogun—intending to shelve it; else I'll lose days to both of them [again].

Did you guys mean to say this in the books thread?
That's what happened... I had both tabs open, and I posted to the wrong thread.
:facepalm:

I agree with you guys that people have silly standards like movies are inherently better because they're more exciting or old games/movies suck.
I can recall only two games that I really wanted to like, but could not force myself to stick with it for long [not counting 3d games that cause simulator sickness]... and those are Ranxerox, and Neuromancer.

Last edited:
I've played several games and enjoyed most of them, buy "favourite" Is a big word. I mean, except forse Fallout there's nothing I'm really Crazy for.
If I had to make a list of fame I liked, though, It would be something like
this:
BioShock Series
Wasteland 2
Dishonored 2 & death of the outsider
AC Series Ezio chapters and Black Flag were really good, 1 was...ok, dame for 3 and Syndicate
CoD Series to a degree
EU IV
Pokémon series to a degree
Monster Hunter
Others

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is dumb as fuck and campy as all hell, but despite all that it manages to be a genuinely moving tragedy in the end. Plus the gameplay makes me nut.

Maybe not the best games i ever played, but the games i keep coming back over and over.

- Fallout 1, Fallout 2 (and to a lesser extend, Fallout Tactics and New Vegas)
Not sure i need to elaborate. Those game take a huge part of my passions and free time. Assuming i'll get there, i would still talk about it to my grandchildren until they say «K m'llenial» to make me piss in my pants.

- Age of Empires 1&2
The first game was the main reason i wanted my own computer (i used to share computer with my dad and brother before that)
I keep playing both games today. The second game has so many much needed feature that the previous one lack. But the original just feels at home.

- Civilization franchise, Heroes Of Might and Magic III, Disciple II
When i want to capture cities in turn-based mode.

- Sim City 4
Although i played it less that some other games. I avoid it because it is time consuming.

- Myth I&II (although, i play the first game missions on the second game engine)
The games didn't seem so special to me at the time, but i just can't find any equivalent even today, so i keep playing them.

- Jagged Alliance 2
Ever more unique that the previous exemple. It has no equivalent, even within its own franchise.

- Blood, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage
FPS of the Build Engine era were those which grabbed my attention the most.

- Unreal Tournament 2004
There is just no way i can express how much modded the game is. You can add pretty much any mutator, game mode or crossover character you want.

- Half-Life (+ Opposing Force and Blue Shift)
While it does make history financially, i think we still underestimate how impressive that experience was.

- Soldier Of Fortune 1-2
Best implementation of body part targetting in FPS. I can't believe we regressed that much since then...

- Worms Armageddon
There is so much fun to have with this game, even after all this time.

- Skweek\Slider
Very old indie game franchise. Very simple premise. And yet, when i launch the game, i lose sight of time.

- Lands of Lore
There are much better game around, but i still keep playing this one every 5-7 years.

- Shadowrun Return series
There are rpg with bigger freedom, better replayability, and less formulatic writting style. But i still love the world, stories and atmosphere. Some of DF combat encounters were amongst the best i ever played. And those games just have the best graphics i ever seen.

- Rimworld
A relatively recent game that i purposely avoid at all cost, because it is monumentally time consuming and there are tons of issues with mods (and some of those mods are just gold. I just can't remove them.). I am so drawned into that game that i would totally forget to eat\sleep\respect my commitment if i allowed myself to keep playing.

- Streets Of Rogue
Endless replayability while the playthroughts themselves can be short enough that you can manage withdrawal.

I am tempted to add The Witcher and Metro, but i am more attracted by their universe itself, than the originality of the games. Those games were excellent gateway to discover the books.

Last edited:
Where I live, it's common for a person to read the first few letters of a word, and guess the rest. People will read: CD Rewritable, as CD Rewinder—that's no joke, I've seen it happen.
functionally literate? more like functionally retarded. yeesus.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps3/9...t-use-the-stipmak-to-heal-my-overcrumbled-leg
Why can I not use the stipmak to heal my overcrumbled leg?
Please help. Everytime I click limbs, i go to my overcrumbled leg and try to heal it and it wont let me use a stipmak. WTF!!​
"Overcrumbled"

Ahaha, I'm dying here.

Its not overcrumbled. Its OVERCUMBERED. It means that you are carrying too much items and need to drop them until its under the weight limit (210 or 260 if you got that Strong Back Perk)

Last edited:
  1. West Coast Fallout
  2. Hotline Miami
  3. Metal Gear Solid (1)
  4. Halo 3
  5. Dark Souls (1)
  6. EYE: Divine Cybermancy
  7. Marathon 2
  8. Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis
  9. Half-Life 2 (+episodes)
  10. Bloodborne

Too many to mention, but out of them all, there are two game titles whom I'll never get tired of playing it over and over. It's FF games and Suikoden games.

Mine are in no particular order:

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Doom 2016
Doom Eternal
Doom 2
Wolfenstein
Crysis 2
Halo ODST
Halo 2
Halo 4
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Modern Warfare 2
Days Gone
Dying Light
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 4
Fallout 76
Battlefield 1
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Battlefield: Vietnam
Black Ops Two
Titanfall 2 (I hate Apex.)
COD: Mobile
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!
COD: WW2
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Half-Life 1
Half-Life 2

And, of course, You're not a true gamer until you've played...

MineCraft

I think after giving it some thought, Nier Automata night actually be my favourite game of all time and I don't think anything will top it any time soon.

Back