What kind of architecture do you think fits in Fallout.

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by Fallout Guy117, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Fallout Guy117

Fallout Guy117 Feedback is Key.

Jul 20, 2016
    fallout has always looked great, but what kind of architecture do you think would fit in the series?

2. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Look at the buildings found in fo1, fo2, and fo3. Those felt the most like they belonged in fallout, imo. Wouldn't reccomend drawing inspiration from fo4 on the particular subject. Literally the only thing in fo4 that looks like it belongs in fallout is the power armor. NV's unique buildings such as the lucky 38, tops, (all of NV really) and the goodspring General store felt like fallout to Me too. NV didn't really have a lot of buildings tbh.

Notable buildings from fo1:
    • Children of the cathedral's church.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti I know what I'm doing

Oct 6, 2015
    A mix of Art Deco/Moderne, Googie, and Futurism styles.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  4. Earth

Earth Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2013

Those are pre-war buildings. If we're talking about post-war architecture then

(I like posting pictures).

5. Kohno

Kohno Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 30, 2009
  6. Millim

Millim The Big Straight Orderite

Oct 13, 2010
    Children of the Cathedral's church is my favourite place in the entire franchise.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  7. Earth

Apr 7, 2013
    It's so wonderfully gothic for a game set in the post-apocalypse. You're basically entering Dracula's crypt.

Whenever Fallout goes full gothic it becomes amazing.

(Another bit of architecture, but also kinda related).

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  8. Millim

Oct 13, 2010
    Yeah, fallout manages to get the right amount if Gothic, for a series with a guy who is basically a growing tree.
    Necropolis also feels like it's perfect for Halloween.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. Earth

Apr 7, 2013
    I really do need to dress up as a Fallout character for Halloween at some point.

I wonder if I could make some kind of Master head-mask thing.

10. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    The master is a blob of goo. Just go as NCR deser ranger or a child of the cathedral.

11. Earth

Apr 7, 2013
    DON'T STIFLE MY CREATIVITY!

12. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    I will do so when your creativity is wrong. Just like we all do with Emil.

13. Irwin John Finster

Irwin John Finster Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 13, 2015
    Personally I love Bethesda's art direction with Fallout. It's one of the few things I can say that I thoroughly enjoy from their direction with the series. However, earlier Fallouts and even New Vegas managed to convey a much darker, more serious tone and setting that I do think is missing from Fallout 4. That isn't helped by Fallout 4's soundtrack, which is far too heroic and upbeat compared to Mark Morgan's dark, grittier work (though I do love Inon Zur's Fallout 3 soundtrack).

Bethesda did some good work bringing back some of the aesthetic, characters, robots, computers, etc. from the originals. It's just too bad their writers are so awful that they squander what I consider to be great art direction, although Fallout 4 become far too gimmicky and childish.

It's hard to compare modern Fallout with the originals because the art direction of Fallout 1 and 2 were hindered by the limitations of their time. But one thing that sticks out is the detail applied to ghouls and super mutants - Lou Tenant looks absolutely horrific, as do ghouls and Harold, compared to the weird leatherfaces and green goblins of Fallout 4 which have little in the way of unique details.

Fallout would be better off going back to its darker roots like New Vegas managed to do. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series really did this well.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  14. Earth

Apr 7, 2013
    The Master is totally doable. Just wear some weird prosthetic mask stuff on the head, covering hair et al. Then hang a heart monitor type screen around your neck, then attach an eye stalk, and you're basically done.

15. Millim

Oct 13, 2010
    You could do a cross between The Master and Donald Trump.

That's an idea actually...

16. Earth

Apr 7, 2013
    I did find a cross between Hillary and the Master. I'm sure @Mr Fish has used it by now though.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  17. Millim

Oct 13, 2010
    I'm saving this onto my computer for future reference.

18. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Snug Rubber

Sep 11, 2010
    I have.
    <--- This one's cuter tho.