What Makes A Good Fallout Game?

Let the kid dream damn it >:U

We are always ranting and raving about how a chimp could do a better job than Bethesda on this forum, it's not like he has a particularly high bar to jump over. If he makes a two hour long quest with an engaging story and multiple paths I'll be more engaged than with the whole base game.

And besides, even if it ends up as just a script and nothing more, it's still excellent writing exercise in any case.

Last edited:
Let the kid dream damn it >:U

We are always ranting and raving about how a chimp could do a better job than Bethesda on this forum, it's not like he has a particularly high bar to jump over. If he makes a two hour long quest with an engaging story and multiple paths I'll be more engaged than with the whole base game.

And besides, even if it ends up as just a script and nothing more, it's still excellent writing exercise in any case.

Thanks man, I am serious though about trying to make this. I'm not heading into the gaming field for a carrer, but anything can be learned with or without a degree. A script isn't a 3D model or anything special. It's a story, and many writers don't have a degree, so I think if I make this great, and I am doing this for free, I think I've got a small, very slim window.

Hate to dampen your spirits as you seem like a nice guy, but Bethesda don't care what you have to say, they don't care what anyone has to say.
Why do you think they say to employers they aren't allowed to go on forums such as this?
Bethesda do not care what Fallout fans think.
They care about profit, and nothing more.
If they cared, Fallout 4 would have had a different story, sadly sentimental stuff washes the industry like any other.
I wish you the best of luck, and maybe a few ideas may sink in through in a different form, but otherwise, I doubt we'll see your dream come to life.
It's the sad reality really, as you've shown us that you actually care about this franchise, enough that you've actively gone out and researched it all.

That's more than what Emil or Todd ever did.

Yea, at this point you'd better off giving the scripts to some really competent modders. I mean, who knows, they probably gonna end up plagiarize the mod. It's not like they are gonna replace Emil any sooner, they still made way too much money. Your script getting plagiarized because it's in a mod is a much more likely scenario than you sending the raw script and have it accepted. They didn't credit or admitted that they took inspiration from Autumn Leaves mod maker, and they certainly wouldn't credit you.

I know it probably won't happen, but it's one if those I HAVE to do it if it fails scenario. It's just something that is itching in the back of my head. Plus I'm doing this for free cause I just want to make this. It's strange, but even though I know it probably won't happen, j still plan to do it. Thanks a lot guys, also who is Emil? Still a bit new here.

Last edited:
I know it probably won't happen, but it's one if those I HAVE to do it if it fails scenario. It's just something that is itching he back. Plus I'm doing this for free cause I just want to make this. It's strange, but even though I know it probably won't happen, but I still plan to do it. Thanks a lot guty, also who is Emil? Still a bit new here.
Then you should consider to also sending your scripts to one of the mod makers, like someguy2000 who made some of the best quest mods for New Vegas, and also maybe the mod maker of Autumn Leaves, who've made the quest mod so good, that Bethesda have to stoop so low as to plagiarize his quest mod for one of their DLCs side quest. Emil Pagliarulo is the Lead Writer (correct me if I'm wrong) for Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 (as far as I can remember), maybe even Oblivion.

Then you should consider to also sending your scripts to one of the mod makers, like someguy2000 who made some of the best quest mods for New Vegas, and also maybe the mod maker of Autumn Leaves, who've made the quest mod so good, that Bethesda have to stoop so low as to plagiarize his quest mod for one of their DLCs side quest. Emil Pagliarulo is the Lead Writer (correct me if I'm wrong) for Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 (as far as I can remember), maybe even Oblivion.

Thanks for the advice and clarification!

I think Emil had a "hand" in Oblivion. Maybe he did a few questlines (and if I remember correctly, the one he did was the one everyone enjoyed.. go figure).
I know he has also worked on one of the old Thief games (the second one I think).

Emil is either a bad writer or just realizes he doesn't have to try anymore. If its the latter then he presumably just doesn't give a fuck, which I admire in a person But judging from your passion alone @Fallout Guy117 I'd rather have you as the lead writer. If I had personal pick I'd choose @Radiosity just based off of his reconstructing fallout 3 series. Its good shit. Has it been linked here? It could be a great source of inspiration for you.

Emil is either a bad writer or just realizes he doesn't have to try anymore. If its the latter then he presumably just doesn't give a fuck, which I admire in a person But judging from your passion alone @Fallout Guy117 I'd rather have you as the lead writer. If I had personal pick I'd choose @Radiosity just based off of his reconstructing fallout 3 series. Its good shit. Has it been linked here? It could be a great source of inspiration for you.

Thanks for the complement man! I have read some of his work and I do like it. I planing reading more if his work, and @Radiosity did sebd me two videos on the last page for help. I'd recommend watching them because they are quite excellent.

Last edited:
Here is an new question. How can an urban area in a Fallout game be improved. I did like that in Fallout 4 there were more buildings to go into, but there is other ways urban section can be improved.

Here is an new question. How can an urban area in a Fallout game be improved. I did like that in Fallout 4 there were more buildings to go into, but there is other ways urban section can be improved.
At this point the buildings should be little more than decayed husks with maybe makeshift catwalks. Like a tree house made from some buildings decimated frames. At the very least It should make for great concept art.

Thanks for the complement man! I have read some of his work and I do like it. I planing reading more if his work, and @Radiosity did sebd me two videos on the last page for help. I'd recommend watching them because they are quite excellent.
He means my series, see my signature for the link. I've been reworking Fallout 3's godawful world into something more logical and coherent (though I'm a bit behind due to being busy with other things right now).

He means my series, see my signature for the link. I've been reworking Fallout 3's godawful world into something more logical and coherent (though I'm a bit behind due to being busy with other things right now).
Ugh, you and your life. Are you close to an update at all?

Ugh, you and your life. Are you close to an update at all?
Well, I have more free time now... but I also have no income. Trying to go freelance while also writing a book and a novella serial work keep me kinda busy, and I really need to focus on what's going to put food on my table ;p

But eh, I'd like to try and get a post or two written in the near future if I can.

One concept I'm toying with is expanding on the lack of exciting, and brutal melee. Basically is has not evolved, I think that if you are using hand to hand, then kicks and tackles must be added. Even the basics would be better than nothing.

Like Deeves said, remnants of the Old World that is remade into settlements should really be cleaned up, rearranged and actually repopulated to suits the need of those who wanted to carry on to the New World.

If I'm not mistaken, @The Dutch Ghost planned to make something similar to Radiosity's retrospective reconstruction, but with Fallout 4, but he kind of didn't talk about it as much as Radiosity. Reading The Dutch Ghost reconstruction of Fallout 4, specifically that of the Institute and their relationship with the Commonwealth, really gave me a chill down my spine.

On side note, you should also try to play Fallout 1.5: Resurrection.

Back