What plot would YOU give Fallout 3

Hello Nology5890,

Thanks for your kind response, heh I tried to use it as a pitch for a fan based Fallout project, since then I have made changes to the idea; removing stuff that didn't feel Fallout and making others a bit more fitting the theme.

I have a couple of ideas for twists in the storyline, such as revealing the true purpose of the player's Vault and what is going on in the wasteland.

In the end the player would have to make a heavy choice; the Vault or the Wasteland.
If the player choses the Vault Dwellers it is likely that all people of the wasteland will die, and if the player choses the Wasteland it means the end of the Vault.
Either way the player has to choose, and no one will probably know that it was the player that perhaps saved the world.

Pleeease ¡C'mon guys!

Aren't you tired about vault dwellers??? I loved and still do FO1 and so FO2 but they're -we all know pretty much similar. So no more vault dwellers and no more search for the salvation-device plot please! Let's be original...

Look. The Fallout series (1 & 2, the real ones) were so captivating cuz you actually feel you ARE your character: you don't know what's going on when you go out there, as your character, you are surprised of this future. Everyone is a stranger -and so are you in the wasteland. Let's change a bit without loosing this touch...

Maybe that BoS guy on the teaser is no one but you. Yes, why not? You were raised by the Brotherhood (there you have some in-game tutorial), but you're forced to leave young because some sonofab**** have turned the east-coast-Brotherhood into a slaver gang who want to rule the territory nearby or smth like that.
There you have. You must leave young without having seen much about the wastelands so the base of FO is out there.

How does it go on? There are many possibilities as you can think but that'd be a nice start. It'd be great if you could join to gangs like raiders like to guilds in TES. I don't know... the FO world is so great!

Leeb_raider said:
Pleeease ¡C'mon guys!

Aren't you tired about vault dwellers??? I loved and still do FO1 and so FO2 but they're -we all know pretty much similar. So no more vault dwellers and no more search for the salvation-device plot please! Let's be original...

Look. The Fallout series (1 & 2, the real ones) were so captivating {Beats me likes a baby seal "cuz" I am STOOPID!} you actually feel you ARE your character: you don't know what's going on when you go out there, as your character, you are surprised of this future. Everyone is a stranger -and so are you in the wasteland. Let's change a bit without loosing this touch...

Maybe that BoS guy on the teaser is no one but you. Yes, why not? You were raised by the Brotherhood (there you have some in-game tutorial), but you're forced to leave young because some sonofab**** have turned the east-coast-Brotherhood into a slaver gang who want to rule the territory nearby or smth like that.
There you have. You must leave young without having seen much about the wastelands so the base of FO is out there.

How does it go on? There are many possibilities as you can think but that'd be a nice start. It'd be great if you could join to gangs like raiders like to guilds in TES. I don't know... the FO world is so great!
There's so much wrong with this it's ridiculous. East-coast Brotherhood? Slaver gang? Forcing you to be the good guy because you have to dislike slavers.
Pft.

I have come to realize that I want to see something heavily Vaul-Tec related. I came up with a thread on this on the Bethsoft forums, perhaps some of you skimmed it a bit.

You live in a town similar to Vault City. You are isoltaed to the outside world, in your own personal utopia. However, crops and animals are dying. The guards killed something not quite human outside of town recently. People are becoming ill. Someone is exiled for developing green, peeling skin, which is tought to be contagious. You, are picked at random (Much like how you are in Fallout 1) to find out what's wrong. You are told of a nearby town which your city sometimes trades with.

As the game prgresses you hear tales of a great scientist who had discovered a virus that affected Animals genetic code. You make the journey to the site (incorporating the large world map that it will possible to implement into Fo3, encountering settlements along the way) On your arrival, you find the place has been cleaned up. There are no mutant corpses, nor any bodies of the Enclave. You make your way through the base, encountering minimal resistance from the remaining defense systems. A map shows you where the vats should be. You come across them. Emptied. The data has all been transferred from the computers. Someone is copying the Master's work...

Just an idea for the moment.

I think the plot could begin with a small movie clip of a group of scavengers searching through the ruins of a old town or city, and in a cut scene it would show one of the scavengers find a opening in the ground so they lower a lantern on a rope down the hole and see that it isn't that far down, so thinking maybe they found some kind of underground bunker, they go down the rope with caution for fear of old automated defence systems, but what they find is the remains of a old underground car parking lot, as they look around one of them notices the lack of any vehicles anywhere around, so after a very short look around they find a elevator that goes down to a even lower level, so they pry the doors of the elevator open and try and get the elevator to work, but in doing so there tampering triggers a boobie trap and a toxic gas starts to flood the underground area, in a panic they start to run for the rope where they climbed down but before they can get to the rope most of them expire from the gas only a soul survivor makes it out of the undergground structure alive, cut scene deep under the parking garage is a secret lab where there are hundreds if not thousands of scientists and soldiers placed in some kind of cyrogenic stasis begin to awaken from there century's long sleep, in the background we see a emblem or logo we have never seen in the fallout series, a new menece has been awaken from a long sleep with with visions of there old glories still fresh in there minds they choose to mould this world in there image, cut scene a half dead scavengers makes his way to a town not to far from where to ruins were and is nursed back to health by a doctor there who hears the mans story before the scavenger leaves he say's to the doctor maybe god forgive me for the evil we have awaken, fade out mission begins.

Bestest plot idea evar:

You are a member of The Brotherhood Of Steel, a huge and well-equipped para-military organization scouting the Wasteland for no apparent reason. You and the members of your platoon visit the ruins of Washington DC, but you are being ambushed by some big fat mutant muthafuckas with biggass guns and shit. Your platoon gets thinned out, until only you and lieutenant Diana Constalez survive. Lieutenant Diana Constalez evenetually gets her gorgeous arse abducted by a pack of wicked and quite articulate Deathclaws, so now it's up to you to save her precious buttocks and rid the world of the mutant and Deathclaw menace. You get to ride Harley Davidsons and rusty Porsches to manoeuvre in teh city, and you discover alien technology that allows you to build Uber-plasma-super-bolt-empowered-thingimajigs to fight your enemies. Your HUD can like totally cover the whole spectrum of reality and when you walk over stuff, it magically appears in your rucksack. After shooting hundreds and hundreds of lifeforms to smithereens, you rescue lieutenant Diana Constalez and have hot, rough sex with her while whistling "I don't want to set the world on fire, biatch".

The End

You are a lowly prisoner in Vault 1, home of the Supreme Overseer.
One night, the Overseer sneaks into your cell with his most faithful guards and tells you he's being hunted by the evil cult, the Apocryphaic Twilight.
As you escape with him, he and all his elite guards are killed by level 1 assassins, but before he dies he gives you the Locket of Overseers and instructs you to find his son - the last remaining Overseer - before the Apocryphaic Twilight open the Radioactive Gates and summon the evil Master 2.0.
Along the way, you will join and become head of 4 factions that oppose each other, drive a car with the miraculous ability to not run anyone over - even your enemies and admire soil erosion in the wasteland.

I think it should be set 80/40 years after FO2, and should certainly have a connection to the Vault Dweller bloodline.

My question is though....how are they in DC? Are there natives in the area? I thought FEV was the only reason anyone survived the war, maybe there were FEV test stations on the East Coast as well?

John Uskglass said:
I think it should be set 80/40 years after FO2, and should certainly have a connection to the Vault Dweller bloodline.

My question is though....how are they in DC? Are there natives in the area? I thought FEV was the only reason anyone survived the war, maybe there were FEV test stations on the East Coast as well?
You thought wrong. FEV has very little to do with people surviving the war.

But it's plausible that FEV(-like) testing was being done on the East Coast.

John Uskglass said:

You're confusing FEV with the Vault Experiment.
There would certainly be a Vault near DC.

Muff said:
Goweigus I think your idea kicks ass because it would keep the whole vault dweller bloodline thing going.

My idea for a story line would have to be that you start from a east coast vault that when the enclave was destroyed by the hero from f2 a fail safe protocol sending the all clear to all sealed vaults.

And when you reach the surface you emerge to find out the earth isn't so lifeless as the training vids led you to believe it would be. You encounter your first ghouls or something and then there is a split in your vaults population to co habit the planet with the ghouls or attempt to wipe them out.

One of the group's wants to take off in search of a new home because they can't live with the other's extremest views and you are sent out in the dead of night as a scout for a new place to live.

Which ever group you belong to (decided in the charter selection screen) has like minded groups in the wasteland the co exist group would like a broken hills type place and the bad group would like vault city. But both are on the verge of war with each other and what remains of the enclave and you decide what to do encourage the war or try and maintain the peace or change the other ones view's.

This type of scenario would let you have the little side quests and major decisions like you did in the first two fallout's

Am I the only one who thinks this sounds like Fallout: Tactics?

Back