What Remains: A Singleplayermod Basing on the FOnline Engine

Thanks again Aguirre and Thomas de Aynesworth. :oops:

Will you include any Fallout Tactics towns, like Coldwater, for example? I'd love to actually role play in these areas.

To be honest, it's been quite a while since I played Tactics the last time. I'll maybe take a look at it again and the documents on the Vault Wiki, but I can't promise to build it in.

Now finishing the blog and finally I'm done. 's been a busy day for me today. :)

cvet said:
Good luck Surf Solar. I will monitor progress.

Thank you! Quite an honour that you post here, +200 to motivation. :D

And thanks to Reconite too. ;)

Today I am finishing the character screen with my modified interface, maybe will make a blog update later.

Looks promising! I love the whole ideas you threw into this mod.
I wish you luck, Surf.

Thank you Kilap, there goes another +200 to motivation. :) As soon as I finished stuff for the FOnline:2238 team I'll make a new update on stuff to keep you all well, updated. :D

Give me a shout if you need someone to proof-read your dialogue before release.

Looks beautiful, though. Really looking forward to this.

Hey Lazlo, an honour to see here too! :)
I'd ofcourse take your offer to proofread things, and since I know we both share the same look on the FO world you might be interested writing some persons or even dialogues too (ofcourse only if you want). ;)

Something I'm definitely excited about. Will you include any Fallout Tactics towns, like Coldwater, for example? I'd love to actually role play in these areas.
While new engine gives new possibilities, it's not possible yet to make maps like Coldwater. Tactics engine included multi-level structure, so interesting things like Junction City were possible (i still work on new maps and enjoy this engine).

I would vote for making something unique, not tied that much to previous games. Like Chicago, which wasn't really shown in FT - some texts just mentioned it, and Surf Solar can make this ruined city in a way he wants.

Good luck!

This mod rather concentrates on storytelling, dialogues, player investigation, atmosphere and not really on combat style, saving the world, guys with miniguns and stuff. If you are more into cool new guns and loads of new and shiny stuff, this wont be your thing. If you enjoy immersing yourself into a more serious toned, "realistic" game with rich story telling, then you might like it as much as I do. But, as the biggest limitation I set to myself - I don't want to make it too big, it will feature 3-4 bigger locations and some smaller ones, not making it too huge.
:salute:
I agree with everything you said here. Looking forward to this one.

You said the PC is not a hero but instead just another guy passing by.
Can you share a bit more about the story?

Will this have no grand plot and instead focus on survival and confined interactions with the world and NPCs?

While new engine gives new possibilities, it's not possible yet to make maps like Coldwater. Tactics engine included multi-level structure, so interesting things like Junction City were possible (i still work on new maps and enjoy this engine).

Even though you can make "fake" multilevel maps via graphical tricks it is not possible to make multiple levels in Fonline mapper, yep. :/

I would vote for making something unique, not tied that much to previous games. Like Chicago, which wasn't really shown in FT - some texts just mentioned it, and Surf Solar can make this ruined city in a way he wants.

Yep, for some reason creating the big cities is the most fun part for me, as one can hide many interesting things and stories in there. :)

You said the PC is not a hero but instead just another guy passing by.
Can you share a bit more about the story?

Will this have no grand plot and instead focus on survival and confined interactions with the world and NPCs?

Well, both. For sure survival is a big part, but ofcourse there is a plot behind it. ;) It is not a sandbox game and will have a definite end. The story rather concentrates on your character himself and his ways how to deal with the "new world" found in the postatomar wasteland and is connected over various npc and events found in the games process. It's a bit hard not to spoiler anything, but I wanted to make a little "story tidbits" update later anyway. (after the holidays though)

As for actual development status, the first few locations are completely done now and I am adjusting the difficulty now (it's a bit too hard :P ).

You're doing one hell of a job here, son. Keep it up and don't forget: if lasers are in, give them some love. ;)

Hello and sorry for the lack of news lately. I had some serious trouble in real life over the past few weeks and sadly lost some content from my mod too. This includes some stuff like maps and smaller scripts I created from the beginning sadly.

However this is not a "hackers stole my files and I cannot into further developping" update, it's more of a life sign. ;) It kicked me a bit back, I recreate the maps and stuff, but this is definitevly not stopping me from doing stuff. I have too much ideas to let this just slip, too important for me. :)

that's finally some good news... I guess ;)

didn't you have a backup save for your mod's work ?

anyway, keep this spirit and keep us updated because your
mod looks damn promising !

--
Aguirre

Aguirre said:
that's finally some good news... I guess ;)

didn't you have a backup save for your mod's work ?

anyway, keep this spirit and keep us updated because your
mod looks damn promising !

--
Aguirre

Yep, I learned from this mistake and set up some svn client. Just uploading all the files I need to have (client build x.x and so on) so that I will never lose anything again.

Thank you for your patience!

just remember - SVN is no backup solution (kind of common mistake)

Good luck & happy modding =)

Back