What was the Funniest Argument You've had with a Bethesda Apologist?

Here's a good one: some guy saying how Obsidian are bad because people like them more than Bethesda.

Blind with nostalgia? From what? A 5 year old game? Does he mean the old games? Do they know the old games exist?
HOL UP! Obsidian has made more great games that don't include NV.
  1. south park the stick of truth
  2. KOTR 2
The lists could go on but eh my point has been made. How many great games has Bethesda made? In my opinion 2. Morrowind was awesome. Oblivion was a bit of a downgrade but I still consider it worth my time. That is all.

HOL UP! Obsidian has made more great games that don't include NV.
  1. south park the stick of truth
  2. KOTR 2
The lists could go on but eh my point has been made. How many great games has Bethesda made? In my opinion 2. Morrowind was awesome. Oblivion was a bit of a downgrade but I still consider it worth my time. That is all.
He was talking about NV specifically and how it "blinds people with nostalgia"

SI="SarcasticGoodGuy, post: 4189616, member: 101012"]He was talking about NV specifically and how it "blinds people with nostalgia"[/QUOTE]
I just wanted to say he was objectively wrong in saying NV was the only good game obsidian made. I'm not blinded by nostalgia but he seems to be blinded by a combination of hype and poor taste.

The standards of mod quality is an unknown. Yours likely differ from mine and both likely from the millions of other Skyrim customers. So which shall I now take as a basis for data? Yours? If so, define it for me.
Your asking for the squaring of the circle from me and know exactly it's impossible - if that is your argumentation, I'll gladly quit the conversation.
[...]
But you dismissed that based on quality - again, which one?

If anyone regrets now to not have gotten the DLCs for cheap back then, now that Bethesda added value to it (remaster + 64bit mods) - again, sry you missed the boat, but that's still on the players, not Bethesda.

This was a response to comparing this:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyri...
To this

Wowie, so subjective

The standards of mod quality is an unknown. Yours likely differ from mine and both likely from the millions of other Skyrim customers. So which shall I now take as a basis for data? Yours? If so, define it for me.
Your asking for the squaring of the circle from me and know exactly it's impossible - if that is your argumentation, I'll gladly quit the conversation.
[...]
But you dismissed that based on quality - again, which one?

If anyone regrets now to not have gotten the DLCs for cheap back then, now that Bethesda added value to it (remaster + 64bit mods) - again, sry you missed the boat, but that's still on the players, not Bethesda.

This was a response to comparing this:
To this

Wowie, so subjective

This guy's quite the commenter. The fact that he doesn't see the obvious here is...stunning.

Does this person not realize that it is a bad idea to get on a boat when you don't know where it is going or if it is seaworthy? I would say the destination is very much on the navigator.

I bet this person LOVES Fallout 4 season pass DLC.

I mean alot of games realised these days are very very disappointing however their is tons of great indie and free content out there

Well, if people would think before they buy a game

tumblr_lkbahxSELN1qglrwm.gif

*Shrugs*

I am not saying the criticism isn't justified, but all of those people which bought No Mans Lie based on hype and hype alone, have really no one to blame but themself. And the same is certainly true for many many many many many more people that buy Season Passes, Early Access and other marketing gimicks, and start complaining about their experience after it.

*Shrugs*

I am not saying the criticism isn't justified, but all of those people which bought No Mans Lie based on hype and hype alone, have really no one to blame but themself. And the same is certainly true for many many many many many more people that buy Season Passes, Early Access and other marketing gimicks, and start complaining about their experience after it.

I agree with you, I just couldn't resist being a goof.

When I saw people going on about how great No Man's Sky would be, I thought "They're going to be disappointed" and the hype was a huge factor as with Aliens Colonial Marines. I didn't think it would be quite so atrocious though.

Oh and thank you, I lost some of my tea laughing at that vid.

EDIT: Steam ranking...Overwhelmingly Negative.

Does this person not realize that it is a bad idea to get on a boat when you don't know where it is going or if it is seaworthy? I would say the destination is very much on the navigator.

I bet this person LOVES Fallout 4 season pass DLC.

We may never know. The comments are closed, which is weird; GB comment sections stay open for months, even years.

I've got one

"The reason Fallout 4 has no skill checks is because its so advanced in all other RPG Mechanics. There are 80 different perks with 4 levels each, all of which give you the opportunity to roleplay a different type of character."

2ef999f3d5962ff4540f90b36e749e6e.jpg

Yeah a different type of character...all of them having to slaughter mass numbers of people to level up ffs.

I've got one

"The reason Fallout 4 has no skill checks is because its so advanced in all other RPG Mechanics. There are 80 different perks with 4 levels each, all of which give you the opportunity to roleplay a different type of character."
Beautiful. I'm adding that to my signature.

But you can role play endless types of characters.

You can roleplay someone who kills only with a knive, you can role play someone who is using a machinegun, or a plasma rifle, or a baseball bat, and you can also modify all of those weapons! The possibilities are endless. The only problem is you all lack the imagination to actually enjoy it.

Am I doing it right?

But you can role play endless types of characters.

You can roleplay someone who kills only with a knive, you can role play someone who is using a machinegun, or a plasma rifle, or a baseball bat, and you can also modify all of those weapons! The possibilities are endless. The only problem is you all lack the imagination to actually enjoy it.

Am I doing it right?

You're hired! Welcome to Bethesda. :ok:

Back