What's the worst video game you've ever played?

Puokki said:
The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion. For christ sake, what is wrong with the people who think this "bash a fish for an hour and try not to commit a suicide while listening the people talk" is a great game, a good game, or a game at all?
:rofl: Nice.

I have a rather large list of games I absolutely hated to play ,or games that sucked so bad I wanted to puke........

Shaq Fu- Worst Christmas present ever! Lame story, graphics, gameplay,etc......

Castlevania 64- I made myself play through this piece of shit ,consequently making me kinda like the turdbomb by the end.

Conflict Ops- Under Siege 2 rip off. Most uninspired third-person shooter on the Playstation at the time.

Modern Warfare 2- Personal opinion of course. Glitchy, Lag ridden, piece of shit, and I made myself play it for two months hoping they would fix the bugs and exploits.

Star Wars Episode one:TPM PS1- A bug infested mess rushed to coincide with the movie release.

And the list goes on,and on,and on..........................................

The worst game I've ever played was called "Stick Fighter" or something like that. It was a fighting game where all the characters were stick figures.

Quake 3? Morrowind? Neverwinter Nights? These are some of the worst games you people played? I'm jealous.

My worst game I ever played is probably somekinda early 90's RPG like Disciples of Steel. A lot of people at the chodex would probably love it, though.
The worst game I played in the last couple years was Aliens vs Predator 3 (PC version). It's such a consolized piece of shit and they totally buttfucked the multiplayer to the point where a month after release it was impossible to find anyone to play with online. Instead of ignoring the awful AvP movies they based the whole design on them.

Mentions in dispatches....

Worst let down-
Oblivion (PC)
Screwed-up economy, less of everything than Morrowind, enemies level up with you so you can't do the old 'I'll be back when I'm stronger' tactic. How is a skill with a dagger the same as a claymore? NPC's not noticing what race you are - them slagging off x race when you are an x. In fact, many of the pains in Fallout 3 started here first.

Not what it said on the tin-
Dungeon Siege (PC)
Pick a weapon type. Make sure you have supplies. Pick up a few NPC's. Every time you reach a town, buy better weapons and armour. Repeat for 20 hours. role playing? Yes, you play the role we tell you to. Henry Ford offered more colour choices for his Model T than the choices in this game.

Promising but too loooong and hard-
X2-The Threat (PC)
Big starships! Big battles! Yay? Well, to afford these things, you need to trade. Cue 20 hours of boring trading of energy crystals. Got some cash? Buy a another transport, continue trading. Repeat 10 times. Buy some space stations, but you have to micromanage them all 'cos the AI is really thick and will crash into asteroids or not supply your factories with the goods needed. All while you are flying yourself. And you can't pause and set them up like other simulations. As the levels of infomation stored for you is so little, you will need a brain the size of a football stadium to remember it all.

Bug central-
Moon Base 2020 (I think it was called) (PC)
Story - humans exticnt on Earth, only a base on the Moon survived. You have to re-build humanity. Hmm. However, you need copper to build anything. And the Moon does not have any. The only time I've seen a bug make the game literally unplayable.

Handles like a shopping trolley-
Blazing Skies (SNES)
WWI flying. Interesting concept. Only its controls mean if you do anything you will go into a nosedive. And you can't do anything to stop yourself. Cue the funural march.

What were they smoking?-
Dreams to Reality (PC)
Installed it. Tried again and again. Was unable to work out what to do. Literally. If anybody actually knows what this game was about, please tell me.

Rogue Warrior....Worst Game Ever. The worst, most uninspired hour and half of my life getting past that shite.

Commiered said:
Rogue Warrior....Worst Game Ever. The worst, most uninspired hour and half of my life getting past that shite.
Pity, Dick Marcinko is a hardcore spook mofo.

But isn't "published by Bethesda" like the kiss of death?

Games that I really wanted to like but no matter how long I tried just kept boring me:

Dungeon Siege: Just lame lame lame
Master of Orion 3: Terrible
Supreme Commander: I was really perplexed why I could not get into this one.
Fable: Played this one pretty long for a bad game (5 hours or so), but I have to say it is pretty weak
Fallout Tactics: this just confused me
Mad TV 2: What a disappointment

Back