What's your Occupation?

Currently I'm finishing up my studies in social psychology- I'm writing my masters paper on the psychology of creativity concerting graffiti artists & art school students. Professionwise; I'm working part time as a webmaster & general- paperwork-shufflethrough person in a company which imports italian food to Poland.
Other than that, I'm a freelance photographer. I spent the last 50-few (if not more) hours sleepless, setting up my first individual exhibition & drinking more coffee & beer than is reccomended.
As for the future, I hope to educate myself in photography & have more cash & time to travel.

When I finish school and start on my art education and finish it in 4 years, I can start making concept art for FallOut 3.

Just got my letter for application. 16th of februari I have to take my portfolio along to show I have enough art skills.

I am an assistant defense trainer in the QRL (Queensland Rugby League). I don't work for any particular team at the moment, I tend to be sent out to schools to talk about Rugby with kids which has nothing to do with training :( but it's decent money and it's easy work. Not to mention I love Rugby and I get to watch it all the time now.

Unemployed at the moment but I am a Gunner in the Territorial Army an currently at home after a 2 month tour in IRAQ (sent home due to injury received while out there).

I lost my last job because the tour length was for 6 month's an my Twat of a ex employer wouldn't let me take a leave of absence.

I work at a large chain bookstore in the media department, peddling high and low culture and swapping reccomendations with the thrice-blessed minority of the townspeople who are functionally literate. I don't have the resources to continue my education, so I'm using my job as a fine opportunity for independent study. I eventually plan on formally studying writing, filmmaking, and/or history.

Still slaving at Hell Tech Support but for Latin America and the Caribbean. Less consumer customers but still the same shite. Looking to move into a training position to get away from the phone.

Studying to (hopefully) enter a grad school for chemistry. Currently working on my B.S.

Muff, I know that in the USA if that happened you could sue the crap out of your employer, maybe not in the UK....

Working as tech support (last 6-7 years, oh yay) and studying at university (governmental sciences and computing stuff).

Unemployed,but starting a new job on Monday,assembling a type of powersaw,don't know what they're called in English though.
It's not a chainsaw,you can use these to cut concrete...

I'm still going to highschool... I'm planning to join the armed forces and study there :D

Muff said:
I lost my last job because the tour length was for 6 month's an my Twat of a ex employer wouldn't let me take a leave of absence.

I thought your employer/s had to give you time off for stuff like that, longer than 6 months?

overhere, the employer is forced by law to give you unpaid leave for the duration of your service.

SuAside said:
overhere, the employer is forced by law to give you unpaid leave for the duration of your service.

Yeah, same for us here. This includes volunteer work like firefighters and State Emergency Services when extreme weather occurs to help clean up.

Back