Which mods/patches for Fallout 1&2?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
If u want an unmodified game with just what was in the original but bug free, install FO2 and then just unofficial patch by killap...

If u want some extra content which was supposed to be in the game but wasnt implemented, install FO2 and then RP 1.2 (but u should wait, any day now there should be RP 1.3 coming out)

If u want pretty much a totally new game, install FO2 and then the Megamod.

As far as i know, after that just install the Resolution patch (its compatible with all of those), read the readme or instructions or whatevers inside ,change the resolution and enjoy the game...

many thanks.

but wait for 1.3 ?

wait ?..when i have the craving ?

are you mad :lol:

thats like putting a recovering alcoholic in a brewery at night and saying wait for the bars to open tomorrow :?

i`ll try,but i`m already mentally half way across the wasteland,damn this memory of mine

ps.....

thwe higher resolution mod...does it support 1680 x 1050 widescreen ?

Elitech said:
Well, play it with the unofficial patch ;-) that should buy u some time :-D

trouble is i`m a bit OCD with the fallout games,hardly sleep and family thinks i left home for a week when i start playing them.

i actually found the game hidden by the mrs almost a year ago.

silly woman hid it in the garage. :twisted:

Elitech said:
AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. said:
silly woman hid it in the garage. :twisted:

U actually saying she should've thrown it in the garbage? :-D

dont put ideas in her head,this is the third copy i bought,made the mistake of lending it out a few times and it never returns.

cant blame tyhem,its like a drug :wink:

fallout patches confusion

I just got fallout 1 and want to get it patched with the graphics patch...however, with so many available patches, I'm wondering which patch or patches are the ones to use.

Is the official 1.1 patch not worth the time because of bugs?

I was thinkng of using the 1.3.4 from team x along with the graphics patch...but do I need any others (or are any others recommended like the npc patch etc)?

Thank you for any help.

RM

Elitech said:
If u want an unmodified game with just what was in the original but bug free, install FO2 and then just unofficial patch by killap...

If u want some extra content which was supposed to be in the game but wasnt implemented, install FO2 and then RP 1.2 (but u should wait, any day now there should be RP 1.3 coming out)

As far as i know, after that just install the Resolution patch (its compatible with all of those), read the readme or instructions or whatevers inside ,change the resolution and enjoy the game...

followed this method and with megamod i get error message >

ERROR INITITIALISING VIDEO MODE 640X480

did get restoration working alone.

update >

re installed game and just dumped the megamod files in,game works but i cant change resolution.

forgot how stressful it was when something go well first try :D

is there a button to push or setting to change to alter screen res ?

Is the megamod compatible with the unofficial patch? Which one should I install first?

Is this correct - official patch / unofficial patch / megamod

Please help
Thanks

Mgeamod or RP 1.3? What're the strong and negative points of both?

Edit:
thefusilier said:
Is the megamod compatible with the unofficial patch? Which one should I install first?

Is this correct - official patch / unofficial patch / megamod

Please help
Thanks
The megamod includes the unofficial patch, no need.

Hello,

with F3 around the corner I thought it would be a good idea to play Fallout 1 & 2 again. While browsing the net i discovered that there are a lot of patches and mods for F1&2 - that is how i found this website here.

Now I have the german versions of Fallout 1 & 2 and need to know if i can use all of the mods and patches posted in the first post here. Or if there are any known problems etc.

Or to put it simple: which patches/mods are recommended for the german version of the games?

Thanks.

Long time Fallout player, first time with patches!

Wow. So, I'm going to rent and play through Fallout 3 on my 360 - doesn't seem like a purchase for me. But first I decided to crack out my old Fallout 2 jewel case.

Did some digging around the site and got a couple patches, one for bug fixes/stability and the high resolution patch. Fricken a, when the game loaded up in high res I was in heaven. I played for about 3 hours last night with out blinking before I decided I better head to bed. This is awesome...it's been awhile since I played it but it feels like a new game almost.

Also a quick question - I heard, long ago, that there was a mod/patch that added locations/stuff the wasn't included in the original release of the game? Not sure if this is Fallout 1 or 2... What's that about, and would it add to this "new experience" I'm having w/ Fallout 2 or should I just continue?

Re: Long time Fallout player, first time with patches!

Braden said:
Also a quick question - I heard, long ago, that there was a mod/patch that added locations/stuff the wasn't included in the original release of the game? Not sure if this is Fallout 1 or 2... What's that about, and would it add to this "new experience" I'm having w/ Fallout 2 or should I just continue?

look for the "restoration project" here...

Fallout 1 & 2: Patch confusion

I'm completing my Fallout 1 & 2 collection (for both OS X and Windows), and I'm a bit confused as to what patches I really need. There are the official patches (not sure which is the most recent one), then there are unofficial patches, etc.

It's a bit confusing. I've got FO1 and 2 for both OS X and Windows, and getting all the necessary files together is proving to be rather difficult.

I'd appreciate any advice as to what I need and where I can find it.

Thanks.

Elitech said:

RP 1.2?

What does RP stand for?

So it includes things that were planned for the game originally but were then pulled out?

Hi.
I just re-installed fallout 2 again and installed this time MIB88_Megamod. Now I have a problem that occurs everytime. I go through the trial in the temple and after answering to the questions in the end it just stucks. Game does not crash or stop. Sounds and animations are showing but my mouse cursor is missing and it does not respond to any keyboard keys either. In other words I just cant do anything after answering to the questions. Any idea what could cause this or how to fix this? I am running on windows xp.

Hi everyone:

I've got the OS X version of Fallout (not Fallout 2.)

I'm searching for the latest OFFICIAL PATCH (1.2, think.)

Doesn't seem to be on NMA, and can't seem to find it through a Google search, either.

I'd appreciate a link to it maybe, or some idea as to where I can download it.

Thanks!

Back