Which mods/patches for Fallout 1&2?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
SkuLL said:
It's been a long time since I played FALLOUT 2.

Any tips on what files I should get?

I'm getting the latest Restoration Project by killap, do I still need other patches like the Unofficial Patch, the Children Patch, the Resolution Patch and so on? Or are they included in killap's RP?
All included.

Fallout 2 Mods, for the Year of the Snake

Hi, I have been away from Fallout a while and I crave for Fallout 2.

So I ask of you here, what mods should I use when making a new play through in 2013?

Plan to install:
  • > Restoration Project by killap (first time playing this for me, but I'm going to wait until 2.2 is released)
    > sFall (but I think its in RP?)
    > Global Shaders (to get rid of those pesky pixels)

These ones seem like a MUST.

I have seen some other smaller mods but they are in RP already, is there anything more that I have to have, or something you can recommend and why? (Please say if it is compatible with the ones above).

Because I have seen sooo much mods out there, what I need is the same adventure I had in the past with a little bit of new content.

Thats why I don't think I will install the megamod, or should I?
I know RP is more of an enhanced original experience.

What is megamod then?

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Sduibek said:
Oppen said:
sfall is included in RP.
killap should put that in a FAQ or something, seems like it comes up a lot.
I'm almost sure it's mentioned in the wiki. At the least, it's mentioned in the section which tells how to configure wine, since all the configuration needed is to allow the game to run using the custom ddraw.dll that comes with sfall.

SorgFall
Try my Fallout Database. The topic is one of the stickys. First post has a link to it.

Or my signature has a link

Look under Total conversion mods folder.

Cheers

Drobovik said:
SorgFall
Try my Fallout Database. The topic is one of the stickys. First post has a link to it.

Or my signature has a link

Look under Total conversion mods folder.

Cheers

Woah there's a load of them!

Are all 14 finished?

i agree, some of the stickies could be removd with no problem whatsoever to anyone, the same could be said about other sections of the forums.

Fallout First-timer: Recommended Mods?

Like a whole BUNCH of people, I "purchased" Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics during GOG's free Fallout awesome earlier this week. According to a friend of mine who is a fan of the series, this is pretty much the premiere place on Fallout information; so, what mods would you guys recommend for maximizing the experience? I'd like my first playthrough of the games to be as good as possible.

I'd recommend clean install of Fallout and Fallout 2 with Killap's patch or RP, depends on if you want to see content devs hadn't time to finish or not.

Part of me wants to say install the RP off the bat, because there's no reason to play without it. But I think there's something to be said for playing the game in its original form before you experience all the goodies in the RP. Fallout is definitely a game worth playing more than once. You probably won't scratch the surface of everything there is to do your first time through. So if you're gonna play it more than once anyway, you might as well play it vanilla that first time. I would play vanilla with Killap's unofficial patch, though, because all that does is fix bugs.

Back