Why does the NCR go after Enclave remnants, but not remnants of the Master's Army?

Yeah they don’t interact at all in the game. The NCR-Enclave war begins after the game ends, according to the Fallout bible and eventually new vegas.

Which is one thing I would had changed. Adding a full blown war? That woulda been neat. But yea the NCR mops up the Enclave, gets a high off it, BoS gets iffy, does their shit....

it really makes you wonder how the ncr can have two full on wars with both the bos and the enclave in the span of 40 years between 2 and nv.

This is something I just had a thought about that I was wondering if anyone here knew about? I know that the NCR actively seems to hunt down anyone who seemed to have any kind of association with the Enclave. Even people like Arcade in New Vegas who was only an infant when Navarro went up in flames could get arrested for war crimes he had never even been apart off.

So if the NCR goes hard against Enclave remnants why aren't they same with remnants of the Master's Army like Marcus? If the Master had gotten his way, the NCR as we know it wouldn't have existed since the mutant army would have either ransacked the towns that would later make up the NCR for people to toss into a vat of FEV or destroyed them for resisting. The closet thing you get is general super mutant persecution from people just being afraid of them, but nothing on level of putting them on trial for war crimes.

Well, The NCR takes to their name and does not play around at all. They find that the use of technology is quite dangerous in the wrong hands, I can see where It isn't really Arcade's fault and such, But he is related to the Enclave in ways. The Enclave is technically the ones who created the Master's Army, Since the Pre-War Enclave did experiments and such on Pre-War military prisoners. They also don't see the mutants as a big problem because they are usually quite big and stupid.
And can be taken down with a 5.56 round to the head.

I didn't. The BOS seemed very content to stay out of sight during F2, the NCR however was rearing to show that it was a legitimate, capable force. Even a thousand guys with guns back in 2241 organized any sort of way other than raiding would be a problem for both the Enclave and the BOS, and the NCR already had 700k people at the time.

it really makes you wonder how the ncr can have two full on wars with both the bos and the enclave in the span of 40 years between 2 and nv.
Given that the Enclave lost their main Oil Rig and was only present in Navarro, the Enclave seem like they'd be easy to clean up. Just have a focused attack on the one area they're still present.

"Ideological Purity and Shiny Power Armour doesn't count for much when you're outnumbered 15:1" -Mr House

As far as I'm aware the "war" against the Enclave was a single battle: Sacking of Navarro. That was it. They're still hunted enemies of the state so it's still an ongoing fight I guess, but it's apples and oranges to the BoS or the Legion.

As far as I'm aware the "war" against the Enclave was a single battle: Sacking of Navarro. That was it. They're still hunted enemies of the state so it's still an ongoing fight I guess, but it's apples and oranges to the BoS or the Legion.

Yes, the Enclave is basically the entirety of the Enclave being killed by the Chosen One except for the people at Navarro.

It bothers me a bit because it presumably kills all the noncombatants and children of the group too.

The Enclave war sounds more like a short campaign, considering they only have one outpost, Navarro left, and their HQ in Oil Rig get blown skyhigh. Reduce Navarro to rubble and Enclave remnants become ragtag bands of mercenary~ There's never any children and barely any innocent noncombatants. We are talking about Enclave scientists here who do the deadly human test in large scale here. Your concern is... misplaced.

The Brotherhood is another matter entirely. Considering key towns has one bunker each, fully entrenched, and manned by soldiers in pre-war top class equipments. Yeah, I think 40 years to root them out, and not entirely, sounds about right. You cant defeat them but you can siege the bunker and let no resupply in unless they fight to raid. Scorched ground tactic if need be.

Biggest problem of BOS is no stable, safe, and producing back area. Foods they need to trade with outsiders. So besieging then forbid selling to them can limit BOS in quite a while.

Well there has to be Enclave children somewhere, and it makes sense that they would be kept safe on the Oil Rig. Until the chosen one shows up that is...

If you want to make wild ass guess that's your business. if you want to make wild ass sympathy also your business.

It is safe to assume that most of the Enclave civilians were at the oil rig, considering that the Oil Rig was the main base, and Navarro an outpost for refilling the vertibirds and do some scientific experiences. Beside, the whole concept of the Enclave is purity, so it makes sense to keep the next generation away from the wasteland. Also, we actually see civilians in the oil rig, but not at Navarro. Lastly, i recall some npc saying at some point that the mainland personnal is deemed expendable and will most likely die once they will spray the FEV-based gas.

I mean lets not forget that the alarm that goes off after triggering the base's self destruct lasts a pretty long time - long enough for you to get out, even if you don't have to fight the whole way you at least have to fight Frank Horrigan himself. Significant numbers of people doubtless got out, and went to Navarro. Even before the Oil Rig is destroyed, Navarro itself is pretty decently populated. Now that population has been massively inflated, all the while the Enclave beleives they are under imminent attack, and their plans for world domination have hit a rather large snag.

I like the idea that the Enclave was doing escalating attacks that ended up eventually provoking full-scale retaliation from BoS and NCR. The Enclave is already sending out small patrols prior to the Rig blowing up, including those fucking massive patrols in the immediatte vicinity of Navarro. With the entirety of the human race from the Enclave's perspective now in Navarro, the most crucial demand on them would be to secure the land surrounding Navarro by exterminating all resident mutants.

The next part would be attempting to weaken all the major factions out of fear of their weakness. They nuke the technologically advanced Shi who just so happen to be the same place the Oil Rig originated from. I also really like the suggestion from New California that they'd attempt to secure pre-War facilities to launch terror attacks against the NCR. Eventually, this spasm of violence out of fear attracts too much attention from the NCR and BoS (who have both likely been specifically targeted by the terror campaign), and they work together to destroy the Enclave entirely. Not only Navarro, but rooting out little nests and outposts.

It is safe to assume that most of the Enclave civilians were at the oil rig, considering that the Oil Rig was the main base, and Navarro an outpost for refilling the vertibirds and do some scientific experiences. Beside, the whole concept of the Enclave is purity, so it makes sense to keep the next generation away from the wasteland. Also, we actually see civilians in the oil rig, but not at Navarro. Lastly, i recall some npc saying at some point that the mainland personnal is deemed expendable and will most likely die once they will spray the FEV-based gas.

NO it's not safe to assume so. This is a big assumption, mostly because there's nothing concrete to support that idea. There's no data saying that there's children at Oil Rig.

Your whole things are "assume", "make sense" but nothing in hard details at all.

NO it's not safe to assume so. This is a big assumption, mostly because there's nothing concrete to support that idea. There's no data saying that there's children at Oil Rig.

Your whole things are "assume", "make sense" but nothing in hard details at all.

Logically there would have to be children at the Oil Rig. How else would the Enclave have survived?

It's not a big assumption.

Enclave aren't immortal elves. They fuck, bred, live, shit on the Oil Rig. They have civilians. Navarro is a recent outpost. Ergo, the families and civilians and kids are on the Oil Rig, and they die when they get nuked. There are no other bases known on the West Coast in canon.

Maybe that disturbs you but I don't care about nukin' em.

It's not a big assumption.

Enclave aren't immortal elves. They fuck, bred, live, shit on the Oil Rig. They have civilians. Navarro is a recent outpost. Ergo, the families and civilians and kids are on the Oil Rig, and they die when they get nuked. There are no other bases known on the West Coast in canon.

Maybe that disturbs you but I don't care about nukin' em.

I figure in the grand scheme of things what with your moral calculus and what not, as well as the fact you give them big warning, it's fair game.

Lot of war crime defending going on. Are we forgetting that the original point is that the Enclave definitely had children on their rig that are probably all dead now?, Like that's not justifiable by any stretch of the imagination.

Although I do grant that the Chosen One as a singular figure can't face down an entire army, take manual control of the Oil Rig and do everything legitimately. So really it's kinda a Utilitarian Question: did they really have any other options if they wanted to stop the mass genocide of the vast majority of the world's population?

It's still a warcrime, but a warcrime that would have saved probably close to a billion lives (I don't actually know how many people the world of Fallout has alive worldwide)

Back