Your thoughts on Dogmeat

If I ever get the game, the first thing I will do is turning him into a Deathclaw. I am pretty sure there will be mods for that.

Though, I don't get it why that pooch made people cheer so much, literaly on every conference, video, or where ever Todd started to talk and show the Dog the masses started to become almost hysterical.

The power of mob mentality. Most nerds are very much desperate to belong to something.

Not long ago people where making fun of Call of Duty Ghosts for wasting time on the dog on the conference... Never underestimate the power some people have to be mindless drones.

Hell at this point if we want kinda useless animal companions give me a damn cat. It holds nothing, runs away from every fight, not scared of heights, nine lives, just shows up after combat and rubs up against you and then skampers off for a day or two. I'm being somewhat faceious.

Hell at this point if we want kinda useless animal companions give me a damn cat. It holds nothing, runs away from every fight, not scared of heights, nine lives, just shows up after combat and rubs up against you and then skampers off for a day or two. I'm being somewhat faceious.

I'd pay for that. :P

I was surprised there weren't any Legendary Glowing cats. I got into a dude's house in Diamond City and killed all of his cats, no one bated an eyelash.

If I ever get the game, the first thing I will do is turning him into a Deathclaw. I am pretty sure there will be mods for that.

Though, I don't get it why that pooch made people cheer so much, literaly on every conference, video, or where ever Todd started to talk and show the Dog the masses started to become almost hysterical.

Iterators smartly spread among the crowd...

There's already a mod that replaces Dogmeat with a gorilla.

Man, that Gorilla model is ugly as fuck, it's completely Symetric, same with the rig and it wasn't designed for it to be actually looked at like other creatures.

A gorilla? Wow.

A gorilla? Wow.

They should've made it a intelligent talking Deathclaw from Vault 13. :P
I kid, no amount of mods would make this hunk of junk playable.

A gorilla? Wow.

They should've made it a intelligent talking Deathclaw from Vault 13. :P
I kid, no amount of mods would make this hunk of junk playable.

Agreed, it's doomed to failure.

Dogmeat needs some extensive customization options. perhaps someone should add some more "perks" for him that we can upgrade using Dogmeat's exclusive perk.

he also needs more armor. and hey...why not let us upgrade him to a cyberdog with more HP, armor and dmg?

Dogmeat needs some extensive customization options. perhaps someone should add some more "perks" for him that we can upgrade using Dogmeat's exclusive perk.

he also needs more armor. and hey...why not let us upgrade him to a cyberdog with more HP, armor and dmg?
Why does he need more armor when he can survive a direct mini nuke blast?

His main purpose seems to be for the Sole Survivor to shoot him in front of other people so that he can then heal him with stimpaks so his companions fall in love with him because that's how it works apparently.

The whole time I had that dog with me the results were: the dog rushes at the enemies in the area then goes down, blocks doorways and gets me killed, and *continuous whining while downed*.

His main purpose seems to be for the Sole Survivor to shoot him in front of other people so that he can then heal him with stimpaks so his companions fall in love with him because that's how it works apparently.

Well companions shouldn't have been unkillable to begin with. I preffered some system like Skyrim, so that upon taking a severe beating your companion falls and starts to crawl around the battlefield. The enemy will then focus on you, but if your companion is hit enough times while they're down or if they're hit with a powerful enough attack (like a mini nuke) they die.

Well companions shouldn't have been unkillable to begin with. I preffered some system like Skyrim, so that upon taking a severe beating your companion falls and starts to crawl around the battlefield. The enemy will then focus on you, but if your companion is hit enough times while they're down or if they're hit with a powerful enough attack (like a mini nuke) they die.
I don't think that would ever work in Fallout 4 with the way the AI is. Dogmeat runs headfirst at Super Mutant Suiciders with Mini Nukes in their hands, as do the other companions. If they let companions die, there would be no companions after 5 seconds of walking around.

I suppose I'm ok with letting companions be immortal, but it sure looks dumb when a Super Mutant Suicider detonates a Mini Nuke on Piper or Dogmeat and they are still there.

I don't think that would ever work in Fallout 4 with the way the AI is. Dogmeat runs headfirst at Super Mutant Suiciders with Mini Nukes in their hands, as do the other companions. If they let companions die, there would be no companions after 5 seconds of walking around.

Yeah well... What we currently have isn't exactly good either. I hate the idea of immortal companions. Makes everything seem less risky.

Yeah well... What we currently have isn't exactly good either. I hate the idea of immortal companions. Makes everything seem less risky.

Well with the way the AI is, if that was done then you might as well introduce them to their first and last bullet upon meeting them for the first time to get it over with because that's what's going to happen when you take them to their first fight.

Back