50 Minutes of 76

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontRayne, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    He added a word filter that changed all links to Nukapedia to The Vault and wanted to reinstate the Roshambo-style government where everyone dancing out of line gets the banhammer.

2. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Thank SuAside for knocking him out of the idea!

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  3. Norzan

Norzan Vault Dweller

Apr 7, 2017
    This guy is completely insane, no other way to describe him.

4. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...I Remember...

Sep 11, 2010
    When are we going to get a Fallout 76 subforum btw?

5. Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 10, 2018
    What would you like to talk about in a F79 forum? x)

6. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...I Remember...

Sep 11, 2010
    Cutest scorch waifu.

7. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
  8. Norzan

Norzan Vault Dweller

Apr 7, 2017
    Ooh, he used the "hating" argument. Yes, we only hate things here. The Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas's praise in this forum is fucking imaginary, we just hate things here.

Apparently solid, legitimate arguments with ingame evidence is now considered "hating" and "being toxic". I'm just ignore what this guy says from now on, it's too much stupid to handle.

9. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    MATN is making AMA stream about F76, so if anyone wanted to ask about Scorched fungus or something here's link

10. Eumesmopo

Eumesmopo Learned to love the bomb

Dec 6, 2012
    The funny thing is that even that strawman argument has a point: There is nothing wrong with hating on a company that is ruining a formerly beloved franchise with their rampant stupidity and flat out moronic writing and game design.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  11. Big No

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm more of a Nukapedia guy myself, so I don't use The Vault much. Is The Vault more reliable or is it about as trustworthy as Nukapedia?

12. BigGuyCIA

BigGuyCIA A Smooth-Skin

Oct 26, 2016
    I just use the Fallout wikia (which uses source material straight from Nukapedia and the Vault). I look at all three when trying to figure out something, though. He (Tag) probably wanted to use The Vault because he actively curates the content there, which makes his lore write ups massively biased because he's citing sources from material he abstracted/interpreted.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  13. Norzan

Norzan Vault Dweller

Apr 7, 2017
    I honestly think this is disgusting. There's having speculation and leave at that, and then there's going to a wiki to write a wall of text that is either baseless or it has very few ground to stand on and then add that to a place people go to read about stuff on the franchise.

Then there's the issue of people actually taking this stuff seriously, stuff he just interpreted, and start using it in arguments.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  14. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Then the whole taste thing comes into play again and the argument "Thousands of people like Fallout 3 and 4 (and upcoming Fallout 76). You can't claim they are all wrong right?"

It is odd, I like fandoms and I hate fandoms. I don't know to explain this.

15. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Was Tagaziel a secret asshole?

16. Big No

Oct 28, 2014
    Beats me. He says that he just "grew up" and that his job in gaming gave him a "greater appreciation" of the franchise. Dunno what that really means.

17. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Did Pete Hines get reprimanded for his previous tweets about Jet and it's why he just says he isn't the lore guy now?

18. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    He got a job in gaming? That one is new for me.
    Sounds more to me "I learned how to keep my mouth shut if I would like to get paid."

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  19. Norzan

Norzan Vault Dweller

Apr 7, 2017
    Yeah, this is honestly my theory. Can't talk shit of the industry you are in if you want a job in it. I read posts of him from years ago and he didn't seemed to be like this. Sure, he disagreed with people in some stuff, but not to this extreme.

20. TorontRayne

TorontRayne This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    So @SuAside @Hassknecht @Korin should remove his Admin powers I guess. If you are too "embarrassed" to fucking be called NMA yet gargle Bethesda's cock while obsessing over half baked lore? I don't even know what the fuck. I don't know what is more embarrassing - being so afraid of people speaking their mind you have to censor their words to stick up for troll babies, or jumping through hoops to justify halfass story telling. They could have told a story about a group that tried to warn us about the Enclave, but was wiped out completely, with only their Holotapes, corpses, and mutated remains as proof of their existence.

SONS OF LIBERTY
    FREEMEN
    Hell...MINUTEMEN!

But no. Brotherhood of Steel just sent people out whenever the fuck they felt like it. And they forget to tell everyone.

Did they have a lore reason for this? Sure. Virginia is Illuminati/ENCLAVE central. Is there a good reason not to make a new faction?

NMA welcomes all Fallout fans. They just have to defend their point of view.

FUCK. I am willing to bet THEY WERE MINUTEMEN until development split.

Expect an article on this lore issue soon when I learn more.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 9