Fallout 2 mod FO2 Engine Tweaks (Sfall)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dude101, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    Code:
    >Fixed broken functionality of ExtraSaveSlots option. Now sfall will remember the last selected save game slot. The position data is saved to/loaded from an auto-generated slotdat.ini in your savegame folder
    is it possible to take this the next step; and have fo2 remember the last quick save slot saved to in a similar method?would be great,and btw thnx much for u guys work on this awesome manipulation of an awesome game

Nirran

edit : is this the wrong place for ideas/requests?

edit 2: when NPCsTryToSpendExtraAP=1 is set,and dude is surounded with melee mobs,and a party member in melee mode is attacking thos critters,fo2 hangs for a sec or 3 during that party memebrs turn,tho not much of a hang,it happens

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. fortyseven

fortyseven First time out of the vault

Nov 19, 2008
    Does anyone know how I can get the npcarmor.ini to work with the RP 2.3.3.? I'm trying to revert some of the custom armor appearances of some of the NPCs but sofar copying the npcarmor script and .ini file from the modderspack seems to do nothing at all. Any change I make in the npcarmor.ini is simply ignored. Do I need to activate it somehow in the ddraw.ini?

3. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Make sure you're using sfall 4.0, the script does not work with older 3.x.
    Also you might need to replace all party member scripts with the ones without embeded armor appearances mod enabled to avoid possible conflict. You can extract them from the manual installation package.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. fortyseven

fortyseven First time out of the vault

Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks for the pointers Nova! I think I found the scripts you are talking about and I got it to work with the armor apperances. Unfortunately, for Cassidy this means his talking head is gone. I suppose there is no easy work around for that?

Edit: I have figured it out. I decompiled the script and edited the pid number directly in killaps file. Now I have the talking head and all the armor appearances I wanted!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  5. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    sfall 4.0.5 and 3.8.10 are released on SourceForge, along with their respective modders packs and win2k version (3.8.x only).
    There were several limits about the usage of show/hide_iface_tag before: you can only use up to five additional notification boxes, their text labels must be in intrface.msg which can't be changed dynamically, and you only get to choose red/green text colors. Now the new set_iface_tag_text script function provides a more flexible way to set up text labels for the boxes. For example, here's a global script that can display the ammo type of your currently holding weapon in a notification box:
    Code:
    procedure start;

#include ".\HEADERS\DEFINE.H"
    #include ".\HEADERS\define_extra.h"
    #include ".\HEADERS\COMMAND.H"
    #include ".\HEADERS\sfall.h"

variable only_once;
    variable ammoLabel;

procedure start begin
       variable item, ammoPID;

if game_loaded then begin
          hide_iface_tag(9);
          set_global_script_repeat(60);
       end else begin
          if (critter_inven_obj(dude_obj, INVEN_TYPE_RIGHT_HAND) > 0) then begin
             item := critter_inven_obj(dude_obj, INVEN_TYPE_RIGHT_HAND);
          end else if (critter_inven_obj(dude_obj, INVEN_TYPE_LEFT_HAND) > 0) then begin
             item := critter_inven_obj(dude_obj, INVEN_TYPE_LEFT_HAND);
          end else begin
             hide_iface_tag(9);
             ammoLabel := "";
             return;
          end

if (obj_item_subtype(item) == item_type_weapon) then begin
             ammoPID := get_weapon_ammo_pid(item);
             if (ammoPID > 0) then begin
                if (ammoLabel != message_str_game(GAME_MSG_PRO_ITEM, ammoPID * 100)) then begin
                   ammoLabel := message_str_game(GAME_MSG_PRO_ITEM, ammoPID * 100);
                   set_iface_tag_text(9, ammoLabel, 3);
                   show_iface_tag(9);
                   only_once := 1;
                end
             end else begin
                if (only_once == 1) then begin
                   hide_iface_tag(9);
                   ammoLabel := "";
                   only_once := 0;
                end
             end
          end
       end
    end

BTW, there's a screenshot for the new WorldMapFontPatch option (disabled/enabled):

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • [Like] [Like] x 4
  6. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    If someone is playing Resurrection or other TCs with sfall 4.0.5, could you check if enabling NPC combat control crashes the game? I'm having the crash in non-RP/UP games when the player ends his turn, with the error message:
    I'm curious if it's just me or a more common bug.

7. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    I think that you need to re-release version 4.0.5 since this is a serious bug.

8. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    sfall 4.0.6 is released on SourceForge. It's a hotfix for the previous 4.0.5.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  9. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    sfall 4.0.7 is released on SourceForge, along with the modders pack.
    A note about the new DisplayName option in sfall-mods.ini:
    Due to how the notification boxes work in the game, you have to assign a specific number to the name box. Currently sfall offers 5 extra boxes with number 5 to 9, and RP has already used 5 and 6 for its new notifications (player/NPC crippled). So you need to set the option at least 7 to avoid conflict with RP.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Daniel "Dan" Acerbi Rocha

Daniel "Dan" Acerbi Rocha I AM NOT A SIR! I WORK FOR A LIVING YOU MO-RON!

Jul 11, 2018
    First of all, thank you so much for the amazing work.
    My questions are:
    Is there some way to use sfall (ini or mod or whatever) to increase the initial number os SPECIAL points I can allocate?
    Also, is there a way to highlight NPCs like you highlight containers and corpses?

11. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    1. It would be much easier to use F12se to edit your character.
    2. The script source of the item highlighting mod is available in the modders pack. You can modify it to include highlighting critters.

12. Daniel "Dan" Acerbi Rocha

Daniel "Dan" Acerbi Rocha I AM NOT A SIR! I WORK FOR A LIVING YOU MO-RON!

Jul 11, 2018
    Thanks for the answers. I just got the modder's pack but it looks like a lot of information to take in, I'll look into it when I have a little more time.
    And I don't feel safe using the save editor, really. Guess I"ll just, you know, not cheat lol.

13. Zorchar

Zorchar First time out of the vault

Jun 18, 2018
    Just installed mutants rising demo. I've noticed it uses the stats.ini file in order to change carry weight. When I pick the small frame trait, the carry weight get stuck on 70 (80 if gifted), regardless of your strength.
    Is that on purpose? since it seems a bit odd.

Please also explain how to fix that, regardless of that being a mistake or not. It would really help me to improve my modding skills, since sfall is such a strong tool\s and understanding how it works is a big step forward.

Thanks,

zorchar

zorchar@gmail.com

BTW, it might be an ignorant question but, is there an sfall "tutorial" in english? or some turorial explaining ini files and such related content?(besides basic int compiling and the likes)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  14. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    The perks.ini in MR demo has wrong setting for Small Frame. Since its effect should be "+1 Agility, -30 Carry Weight", you can alter the lines like this:
    Code:
    ; Modifies Small Frame to give a smaller malus to Carry Weight
    [t2]
    NoHardcode=1
    StatMod=5|1|12|-30

15. Zorchar

Zorchar First time out of the vault

Jun 18, 2018
    Thx.

How can you implement a brand new ini file? Let's say for automatically updating the listing of veriables in order to install a mod to an existing Fallout 2 installation, regardless of previous versions installed. You can't override the existing listing since you want it to fit lists that have been changed and you want to keep the previous alterations.

As I said, I don't really understand ini files and maybe the example is non ini-related. Clarifications will be most welcome and appreciated.

16. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    found
    Code:
    ;To use more than one save slot for quick saving (F6) and without picking a slot beforehand. The number assigned is a number of save slots (1..10) to use for quick saving, cycling from the top one down and over to the earliest one.
    AutoQuickSave=5
    doesnt work,am i setting it wrong?

Nirran

edit : i see it is crafty additions,possible to add this to curent sfall?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  17. Juku121

Juku121 First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2018
    Some combination of sfall 4.0.7, Megamod 2.4.7.3, a bunch of minimods either made by Nirran or included in the 'modders pack', and some more personal changes and bits taken from other mods makes the CarChargingFix disable all refueling altogether. My guess is that it's related to the car changes in the Megamod.

18. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    Because CarChargingFix checks the specific PID of Highwayman, for mods with custom vehicles it should be disabled.

19. Juku121

Juku121 First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2018
    Then it wouldn't hurt to have that disclaimer in ddraw.ini, similar to DamageFormula.

20. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    sfall 4.1 is released on SourceForge, along with the modders pack.
    Due to the amount of changes and new features implemented in 4.1, 4.0.8 and 3.8.11 maintenance builds are also released in case there is some serious bug in 4.1.

Some explanation about AIBestWeaponFix option in all releases:
    NPCs pick the weapon with the highest priority value in their inventory. The priority value is calculated in ai_best_weapon_ engine function:
    Base Priority = (weapon max dmg - weapon min dmg) / 2

Yes, NPCs think the weapon with a larger damage range is better. Between a weapon with dmg 1-50 and one with dmg 30-60, they will choose the former if other conditions (weapon type, perk, price, etc.) are the same. Not sure if the devs meant to use the average damage but made a mistake, or it's intended.

And if the weapon has a weapon perk, Base Priority will be multiplied by 5. But the check never works properly due to a bug in the function.

The most significant change of enabling the option is Frank Horrigan will equip his end boss knife instead of his end boss plasma gun at the beginning of the final battle. Thus the fight becomes much easier. It's because the knife has weapon penetrate perk (priority: 35) and the plasma gun has none (priority: 20). The easiest solution is giving the plasma gun some unimportant weapon perk like weapon night sight (which is useless in the fight) with f2wedit, or setting the "hidden" item flag in its proto (requires hex editing).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    • [Like] [Like] x 3