General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Walpknut

Walpknut Background Radiant

Dec 30, 2010
    Persona 5 is easily becoming one of my favorite games of all time.

2. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Meet my first few cheaters in Day of infamy. I managed to go quite some time without seeing a single one.. Ohh well!

Also Stalker call of Charnobyl might be off my list as i finaly got all the mods to work! But the engine crashes quite often due to the graphic mod. Can't be arsed to reinstall everything again.

Only got the last difficuilty of 21 left in RE7 but it has way to much RNG for me. And then most of Jack's 55th birthday wich i might finish tomorrow.

Seems like there is less and less games that works/interesst me now a days. More nuisance than joy atm.

3. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    I finally got me Crysis (also Warhead and Crysis 2). Only played the demo before, but I just finished it and I gotta say, it's a damn good shooter. The AI is a bit annoying at times (like, they're fucking psychic, seriously. They're like Patrick Stewart in that one sketch where he sees everything because THEY SEE EVERYTHING), but all in all it's just really good. It's quick and fluid and doesn't get boring. And holy shit it still looks amazing ten years later. You know what came out a year later? Fallout 3. Take a note, Bethesda, games don't have to age horribly.

4. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Crysis was pretty awesome, yeah. I remember at the time I felt that the ending was weird and somewhat abrupt, but in retrospect the game had solid pacing. Nice way to do a shooter.
    Never played sequels tho, heard they are more of a CoD sort of thing being linear and all.

5. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
  6. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I am becoming more Persona5 than human....

7. Ediros

Ediros Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Feb 4, 2016
    Me too... And right before the exams...

8. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I am on vacations from work so I don't have to worry about that kinda stuff until the 3rd.

9. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Carbon Dated and Proud

Jan 11, 2004
    Currently playing Escape Dead Island.
    It is sort of like Resident Evil but with cell shaded graphics and less interesting enemies (quit frankly I am sick of zombies but I really wanted to play something I don't know)

This game got a lot of flak during its release, it honestly is not a master piece as I have encountered a number of bugs and the gameplay could also use some expanding but it is not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. It is just not like Dead Island and the expansion which I don't mind as I wasn't really interested in playing those anyway.

I rather agree with the sentiment of a reviewer who mentioned that there should be a market for titles like Escape Dead Island, games that don't really do anything new but rather play an established genre or type of gameplay well.
    These shouldn't be full price/near full price games (which was Escape Dead Island's mistake) but rather be budget titles around the price of 20/25 Euros.