General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 26, 2007
    It's a nice game; that reminds me of Disciples 3.

The last three games I have been playing (in order) are:
    • Legends of Eisenwald
    • GrimDawn
    • Dark Queen of Krynn

2. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Divine divinity was ok, Nothing fancy and nothing super bad, Beyong divinity feels like a fan made mod. I don't hate it but i might not finish it.

If Grim Dawn had dedicated servers it would be my nr1 ARPG forever/since Diablo 2. But some day i might pick up the DLC's and go back to it once again!

3. Black Rose

Black Rose Bring me to life

Dec 5, 2018
    Just finished The Witcher 3 on normal, now I'm doing Death March. I think the main story of the game is a bit rushed, and
    more time should have been spent on Ciri being in the present. The plot of the game revolves around finding her before The Wild Hunt does and when you finally do the game is more than halfway through the main stroy. Avallac'h was also presented as being super important and I loved that guy, but never got to see what became of him. I was so happy that I got to kill those Crones though.

All in all, besides my nitpicking, the game is awesome. Even some of the side quests were great.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  4. Squadcar

Squadcar Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 1, 2018
    Congrats, it's a long ass game. I finished up the main story like 1.5 years ago or something and like a few months ago Hearts of Stone. Still have to do Blood and Wine. Also, watching an analysis on the game this morning and halfway through that, I really agree with the positive and negative criticisms so far.

Did you get the DLC? I think it's worth it for Blood and Wine for sure. Hearts of Stone is good but the price tag isn't as worth it.

5. Black Rose

Dec 5, 2018
    I do plan to at least get Blood and Wine. It does have my favorite mythical creatures from what I know after all.

My favorite thing about the game overall is that some of the choices you make are not obviously good choice and bad choice, but choosing between a lesser evil. Then I thought about my choices and wondered if it really was the best option.

6. Squadcar

Jun 1, 2018
    Yeah, that's definitely one of the stronger points of the game. I'd say get both DLC if you can find them at a reasonable price. I see GOG has HoS for 10 regularly and on sale for 4. I'd say it's worth it at 10, was guessing it still might be 20 bucks normally.

7. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Definitely get Hearts of Stone and play it before Blood and Wine. Both DLCs are great.

8. Eshanas

Eshanas Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jul 6, 2016
    I got my hands on Knights of Pen and Paper 2, goaded on by a certain Fast-Talking 'humour' Wiggler on Youtube and a Steam Sale.

I had some fun, for once. Beat the main plot in 8 odd hours. Loved how areas had quests that made you return to older areas instead of just going on and on. And there's post-game stuff to do as well. I would had liked a slew more items, but ah well.

It also feels like a game from the Lisa series, or even Fallout (and there are Fallout references in the Vault location built by the dwarves for ww3- wizard war 3, that is) could be built on it and be fun, if artists and writers double down on it.

Also, they made the Terrasque fucking terrifying, even if we never fight it outright.

9. Eshanas

Eshanas Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jul 6, 2016
    Time for me to bitch about Knights of Pen and Paper 2.

You can only have one person of one class, each. It's not like any one class can dominate the field, at worst, they AOE everything, but I can do a lot of good AOE with Warrior (using slash), Ninja, Rogue, Ranger, and Druid (using vine thorns), if not more combos.

They do that thing where enemies scale to your level. For early-level enemies, it doesn't matter, but your characters feel pitiful against mid level to high level enemies; drawing out combat for no real benefit.

The lack of items is grating to me, because they're pathetically weak by end-game. Even with +5 enchantments on everything, I feel under-powered for level 30/35/40 characters. There are three main armors, three main bladed weapons, a bow, a axe, a maul, two shields, a smithering more.

I would had liked the ability to make something like tabletop RPG with it, but ah well. Less of a bitch and more of a suggestion/want.

10. Black Rose

Dec 5, 2018
    Borrowed a PS3 from a friend and wanted to revisit AC. Now I remember why I didn't want to touch Brotherhood again.

11. Arnust

Arnust Maybe you've seen it, maybe, in a dream...

Feb 2, 2016
    I like the first game so much more because of this kind of nonsense.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Squadcar

Jun 1, 2018
    I remember a coworker was going to practically give me copies of Assassin's Creed as I played through them back in high school. He let me borrow/keep the first one. He didn't want it back even though I said I was done and not going to finish it. I think I beat the 3rd boss and it was so damned repetitive I couldn't do it.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    I've recently read somewhere that the way to make AC more fun is to turn off the map completely.

14. Pax the Sectoid

Pax the Sectoid Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 3, 2018
    Do that and it will still have the same boring levels and repetitive missions/world.
    Only redeeming factor they have would be the occasionally fun but mindless parkour which gets old pretty quickly. Heard 2 and its continuations were actually fun, but otherwise the rest of the series is the usual lazy and repetitive open world crap.
    And for some stupid reason they are still considered one of the best stealth games, the only reasoning I got from its fans for that title are the usual "Great Story!" "fun Combat!" and "OPEN WORLD!" bullshit because apparently combat and open world make a good STEALTH game.

15. Black Rose

Dec 5, 2018
    The AC series are stealth games? Huh? Poor excuses for one.

16. TheOtherManInTheRoom

TheOtherManInTheRoom Watchman

Mar 28, 2018
    I have a soft spot for the first game. Loved the setting in the crusader world, and it had less focus on the animus bit than later entries, not matched until Rogue.

Yeah it's repetitive, but it is nice and short, and if treated like a short game to have a blast through, rather than these all conquering open world games of today, then it's good. Not a great game, but certainly better than many of the sequels, such as revelations, which was terrible. Think 1 and 3 were my favourite of the bunch I've played.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  17. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    I liked that setting too, though I've played very little of AC1. AC2 was a blast tho, but I have never finished it.