Help topic: Identifying books/comic books/movies/anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Tagaziel, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Avallach

Avallach Ayreonaut

Aug 11, 2009
    Hmm, it definitely wasn't a softcore movie from what I remember. Any other tips?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  2. deeksha

deeksha First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2016
    i think which comic is it based shall you tell about that so that i can understand

3. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    I used to have this early 90's TSR PC game that was a sort of battle chess type game, the chessboard was a landmass with different environmental things like a river going down the middle or lava pools that acted as impediments kind of like the Stratego Board Game.

4. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2007
    Turn based or real time?
    Was it Blood & Magic? (That's the very first TSR licensed RTS.)

5. Juza The Cloud

Jun 3, 2015
    It was battlechess like in that you had I want to say 5 or 10 pieces. I do remember elementals acted like rooks and say a water elemental could traverse the river while the fire could the lava pits. When two pieces were in the same square they would combat with a cool battle animation.

6. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2007
    BattleChess II:Chinese Chess?

@Topic: I have a USB hub with 6 ports, a built in SD card reader ~and a built in stylus [!?]. The stylus lights up when in its cradle; and has two buttons and a plastic nib. When either of these is pressed, it emits an electrical buzzing sound. I have no idea what this thing is, does anyone recognize it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  7. Juza The Cloud

Jun 3, 2015
    No sorry it wasn't the Chinese variant. It was fantasy based. Perhaps it wasn't TSR then for some reason even though I remember that fact though. Hmm this is going to bug me.

Update: the game I was thinking of was Dark Legions by SSI !!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  8. Carib FMJ

Carib FMJ Nuka-Cola Chaser

Nov 8, 2003
    Marathon 2 Durandal or Marathon Infinity anyone? It was the father of HALO.