Help topic: Identifying books/comic books/movies/anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Tagaziel, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Avallach

Avallach Ayreonaut

Aug 11, 2009
    Hmm, it definitely wasn't a softcore movie from what I remember. Any other tips?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  2. deeksha

deeksha First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2016
    i think which comic is it based shall you tell about that so that i can understand

3. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    I used to have this early 90's TSR PC game that was a sort of battle chess type game, the chessboard was a landmass with different environmental things like a river going down the middle or lava pools that acted as impediments kind of like the Stratego Board Game.

4. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 26, 2007
    Turn based or real time?
    Was it Blood & Magic? (That's the very first TSR licensed RTS.)

5. Juza The Cloud

Jun 3, 2015
    It was battlechess like in that you had I want to say 5 or 10 pieces. I do remember elementals acted like rooks and say a water elemental could traverse the river while the fire could the lava pits. When two pieces were in the same square they would combat with a cool battle animation.

6. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 26, 2007
    BattleChess II:Chinese Chess?

@Topic: I have a USB hub with 6 ports, a built in SD card reader ~and a built in stylus [!?]. The stylus lights up when in its cradle; and has two buttons and a plastic nib. When either of these is pressed, it emits an electrical buzzing sound. I have no idea what this thing is, does anyone recognize it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  7. Juza The Cloud

Jun 3, 2015
    No sorry it wasn't the Chinese variant. It was fantasy based. Perhaps it wasn't TSR then for some reason even though I remember that fact though. Hmm this is going to bug me.

Update: the game I was thinking of was Dark Legions by SSI !!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  8. Carib FMJ

Carib FMJ Nuka-Cola Chaser

Nov 8, 2003
    Marathon 2 Durandal or Marathon Infinity anyone? It was the father of HALO.

9. CaptBob

CaptBob First time out of the vault

Sep 20, 2018
    How about an anime movie I saw in the early 90s about asian military on a rocky desert planet (Mars I think?). They rode on futuristic 1 wheel motorcycles. There may have been a tank, and a anime typical American woman (blonde bimbo), it's the combat motor-unicycles I remember most.

10. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Venus Wars, I think.

Extremely late 80s/early 90s anime.

11. CaptBob

CaptBob First time out of the vault

Sep 20, 2018
    That looks like it! Thank you! It bugged me for decades lol.
    I have one other thing bugging me for decades, a post apocalyptic movie that starts out with a grey haired old man and teenaged son, the son has to go out into the wasteland for something, and gets on a motorcycle with a dk sticker (Dead Kennedys punk band if that means anything to you) on the back, puts on a helmet made from a animal skull and rides off. He runs into other people and helps them I think. It was live action not animated. Love those wasteland type movies, but can't remember this one.

12. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    There was this cartoon, maybe a movie or a show, I think it looked like Beavis and Butthead. It was about some guy, like, saving his girlfriend from aliens or something, he had a huge sheet of metal stabbing him through the face and at one point he even uses it as a weapon.