Metro Exodus : The REAL Wasteland

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Lancerlot, Jun 12, 2017.

What's your excitement level for the new Metro?.

1. Over 9000.

2. Meh.

3. Neutral.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    Well, Gamescom brought some new stuff on Metro Exodus (Apologies for the double post):

Not sure where the second video uploader got the demo footage from and the third is from IGN with commentary present.

2. Squadcar

Squadcar Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 1, 2018
    I liked Metro 2033 and LL but as I've gotten older I'm not as excited for this one. I'll probably still end up getting it later on but not on release.
    I also would not call this game "STALKER-ish" lol

3. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    Glad it is no longer open-world.

4. CerberusGate

Jun 6, 2016
    New Metro trailer came out yesterday:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. Loremongrel

Loremongrel First time out of the vault

Jan 5, 2019
    This time, I'll first wait for some gameplay.
    I loved the pas games (2033 and Last Light), and I think this one will be a cool one too, but I'd rather see some more details.

6. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    I wonder what they kept rom the books.

7. CerberusGate

Jun 6, 2016
  8. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    If my info is correct, Epic charges 12%, whereas Steam charges 30%. Which is probably why games like Metro & The Division 2 are moving there.
    Somehow, I think the gains made by lowering cost will be lost simply due to selling less though...
    But maybe this will force Steam to lower its rates on the long run.

9. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    I was going to jump ship from having bought the game through Steam to getting it from GOG, seeing as the redux versions of the first two games are on there.

Guess I'm waiting until 2020 to buy it now.

10. Reverie

Reverie First time out of the vault

Jan 26, 2019
    At least you'll save a lot of money.

11. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    This whole situation feels really fishy.

Metro series is developed by Ukrainian 4A Games. It's published by Deep Silver, subsidiary of Koch Media. Couple months ago Koch Media (along with Deep Silver) was bought by THQ Nordic and is currently it's sister- company. Both Koch Media and Deep Silver are both indenpendent in some ways from each other and THQ.

Agreement for Exodus' exclusivity was made between Deep Silver and Epic- indenpendently from Glukhovsky, 4A, Koch Media and THQ Nordic. So it's not that lower profit margin for devs that really matters- DS received "compensation" from Epic for this exclusivity.

If you dig even more you'll find out that one of the major stockholders of Epic is Tencent. Tencent is a chinese moloch that literally has a monopol on Chinese electronics market. They own MMOs, mobile games, web browsers, music apps, streaming sites and communicators and antivurus software . Tencent is also involved in "helping" non- Chinese devs in making versions of their games for Chinese market- you can't legally enter Chinese market without them.
    Recently they made couple of moves outside of China- some of their notable subsidiaries are Epic, Riot Games (League of Legends), Supercell (Clash of Clans), Grinding Gear (Path of Exile) and MiniClip (flash games). Last year they also entered partnership with Ubisoft and got a large chunk of their stocks during Vivendi's unsuccesful takeover of Ubisoft.

I fear that while Deep Silver is safe with the "compensation" they received, 4A will get a hard slap on their pockets.

12. Arnust

Arnust Maybe you've seen it, maybe, in a dream...

Feb 2, 2016
    It's been publically stated it was Koch Media who went along with this.

13. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016

It's as if players protested merely out of the necessity to install yet another launcher, and not also because said launcher are feature incomplete and just plainly inferior in almost every way to its main competitors :lol:

Still kind of dumb decision considering Steam already have bazillions of paying customers waiting to throw money at them through it, and even if they're not exactly okay with having to pay 30% cut for Steam, they could've also release through GOG and it's surefire way to sells millions of copy, instead of risking far less sales for having to only pay 12% cut. Or better yet, sell it directly through their websites and pay 0% cut.

And I doubt Steam will be forced to lower its cut in the long run, considering Epic's is still feature incomplete, where developers could opt-out of getting their games reviewed, and there will be no forums for players to discuss the games and engage with the developers "because they don't want toxicity" https://kotaku.com/the-guy-behind-steam-spy-has-been-working-on-epics-stor-1830890162

14. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Dec 6, 2016
    Really like this franchise.

The Librarians are amazing enemies. Hope to play this new one when I have (if I have) a new PC.

15. CerberusGate

Jun 6, 2016
    From what gameplay I'm seeing through vids, the game seems like something I would enjoy. I may either wait for a year (since Epic Game Store would not be region-friendly, price-wise, to my region) or probably get it on PS4.

16. Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 10, 2018
    Happy to be on the neutral side, tbh.

Nothing much to add to the discussion, otherwise. The series is decent, but I am afraid it's taking a turn to that place it shouldn't. Will just wait for a sale.

17. Squadcar

Squadcar Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 1, 2018
    Has anyone here played it yet? I'm likely gonna wait for it to be on GOG or Steam before buying it. Metro can't catch a break. Remember when DS want pre-order DLC so 4A decided a different difficulty mode was a good idea? They apparently did that because they didn't want to make the normal game feel any different.

18. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    Happy to be late to the party. But lower charges and benefits of using UE4 are part of the appeal. The other is lack of written user reviews, i.e. developer and publisher won't read that their game sucks publically and users won't be able to express their disgust, protest and anger freely, Epic insists on using ticket system to write happy mails directly to the publisher. Which means no transparency between capitalist and customers. So if people want to read how really bad the next Fallout is this time, they have to move to No Mutants Allowed, for example.

User gets no benefits, no community functionality and no bells and whistles for downloading Epic Store Launcher, it's all made for developers convenience and they thought about devs first.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 4
  19. Norzan

Norzan Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2017

A physical copy of the game. This whole exclusivity thing is becoming a bonafide fiasco.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  20. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Absolutely reeks of last-minute decision and the option they choose is the instant bucks they can make instead of long-term investment of revenue and goodwill.