New animations 2

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by x'il, Jun 4, 2009.

1. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    The death animations were always going to be the hardest. I think the second "melting" animation needs the skeleton frame like the original.

2. Kaiketsu

Kaiketsu First time out of the vault

Aug 16, 2013
    perhaps you could reconsider, haha :) it's a really good looking model. Now, if one swapped Vic's model for the (finished) black dude... that would be something :D

3. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    You are right @.Pixote. I corrected that. Also here is a tribal kid too.

I won't be able to do anymore this week so sharing the finished model is getting a bit postponed to make up for it here is a zip with 2 critters a vault and a tribal kid. What is remaining is to create a girl version adding a longer hair... and in the case of tribal children coming up with an outfit too...
    I'm writing a readme that will help in with the use of this and future versions. I made copies for the 6 views the whole thing is now almost 23 mb, which means the end one will be 46 mb... but well there is no need to know how to use blender to render the different views this way. Also I will plan to use 7z so it won't be so bad.

@Kaiketsu I hope I will be able to get the 3d model close enough to the ingame characters cause doing it by hand takes way too much time, on a sidenote I don't get why so many wants to swap Vic's look... personally I like him the way he is...

Link to the frames
    https://db.tt/nw83Gkdz

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  4. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Just a little note I have updated the previous link now the frms are finished for the vault boy and the rendered frames have the palette applied.
    Soon the source files will be shared too.

5. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Are you organizing the frames yourself? The offsets and timing?

6. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Couldn't reply sooner.
    I didn't automate anything in frame animator however due to the way I rendered the frames I don't need to bother with the offsets, the timing could be a bit off.

I would like to share here the source files for the above created model. The archine is in 7z format. And contains all the info for usage.
    Dropbox link: http://bit.ly/2bUhlcF

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    Thank you.

for animation it is better to use 3d max, when rendering it not smoothes the edges of the sprite with the background as it does the blender. for this reason, the sprites in blender are not smoothed.
    1.png 2.png

8. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    You don't want to smooth edges with Fallout artworks, if you do you will get awkward blurry edges in game. You should render the artwork with no anti-alias, and then later render it again with anti-alias (same camera). The first render will act as a mask for the second softer image, that way you get both the soft anti-alias with the hard edges. Always save the final artwork in the Fallout colour palette.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  9. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    3ds max should have a function for that. You can render it with anti-alising but without anti-aliased edges.

10. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    Yes. But I think it will not work with mental ray. I don't know what with other high-end renderers. From other hand who needs them for this kind of artwork.

11. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    It's nice to see you again Conti...

12. Ursa

Ursa First time out of the vault

Mar 8, 2009

Lobotomies WIP

• [Like] [Like] x 19
  13. CPL

CPL Still Mildly Glowing
    Modder

Mar 16, 2013
    Those are pretty cool. :cool:

14. Zaius238

Zaius238 Sunburn

Jul 14, 2007
    Goob job!!
    My favorite is the running animation.
    So smooth!

15. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Great work Ursa :clap:
    I like this animation ... is it designed for poison, or too much vodka?

16. Ursa

Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 5
  17. Risewild

Risewild Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
  18. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    Hey @Ursa, if you feel bored one day, how about making the Agricola bot? :>
    Doesn't even require custom walking animations, as it is hoovering like the Mr. Handy. :>

19. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Whats the weapon - flamethrower!

20. Ursa

Mar 8, 2009
    New animations for lobotomies

In fact, all the basic animations are ready. But I am afraid that I can not deal with conversion to FRM and offsets placement... Later I'll publish *.BMP files pack, perhaps someone will be able to do it.
    Agricola bot is very nice variant, I'll try it as soon as I have time.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 7