Outer World's Obligatory Bad News

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontRayne, Jun 22, 2019.

1. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Chatterbox oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    There is a culture war that has infected movies/games/comics/everything to some extent. I won't delve into it since it is off topic.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. TheHouseAlwaysWins

TheHouseAlwaysWins Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 28, 2015

I was not suggesting it did not exist tho

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    The cultural war brainworms are a real life RPG status ailment it seems.

4. Eshanas

Eshanas Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jul 6, 2016
    It's banal and trite to moan about 'SJWS CULTURE WARS WAHHH'. If that's a instant no-buy for you, move on.

I still am not hooked to the Outer World's theme, plot, storyline, and art style, but hey, maybe if it does well they'll make another game down the road I'll like enough to play.

5. uncultivatedfox

uncultivatedfox First time out of the vault

Jul 10, 2019
    I didn't say shit about culture war, and I put the word "SJW" in quotations, as "totally gay post-war weakness cult centered around Western civilisation and its norms being oh so very mean" didn't have quite the same ring to it. I don't like what anti-SJWs stand for either lmao. It was literally one line, but obviously some sensitive sensibilities have been brushed against. No hate fellas, we are all brothers and sisters under the Sun-God anyways.

Anyway, on the topic of the Outer Worlds, I think it's a good example of one of those "Oh, that came out?" sorts of games. Games where you hear about, get mildly excited about then completely forget about it.

None of us know what the game will be like though obviously, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread. So I try not to dismiss it outright. But from what they have shown it doesn't appeal to me all that much. I feel the setting/aesthetic is so close to being really cool, and some aspects have some real heart and uniqueness to them, but a lot of it looks very bland somehow. Would imagine there are others who feel that too.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. Richwizard

Richwizard Vault Fossil

Jan 18, 2010
    Wait for the release.

There's very little you can determine about any form of media, including video games, from the trailers. Same is true of "critics" who have never seen it. Remember Titanic, the movie that was going to sink faster than the ship? Prediction made by people that hadn't seen even one foot of the actual film; over budget this, over production schedule that. Became the world's first BILLION dollar movie. Similar prophecies made about the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton; Not Mr MOM! He'll make it more campy that the '60s TV show! Audiences thought it rocked.

Repeat: Wait for the release.

7. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    I hate videgames at the moment so I guess I'll wait for a sale or something. I mean I rarely purchase games brand new to begin with but these last few years have been total shit.

8. cronicler

cronicler Lurksalot

May 31, 2006
    Seriously?
    Mate... The eastern European culture and ethos places a very emphasis on things like ability to choose and freedom to be left alone and merit because they suffered under "insert whatever you may wish the call the rule of CCCP" for generations.

You are literally 180'ing what's actually happening over there.
    That takes serious spinster skills.