WAR/MILITARY THREAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by TorontRayne, Jul 14, 2018.

1. TorontRayne

TorontRayne This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    It's ok because we have a front row seat.

2. Cliffy McEdgeface

Cliffy McEdgeface bitch I will cut you

Jun 28, 2018

Meanwhile probably at least half of our arsenal is broke-dick shit from the 60s

3. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Our small arms and unarmored vehicles all are. The next 20 years will show us what the USA military of the future should look like. Drones with force enhancers. Is that tiny fledgling nation looking a little weak? Arm them with some of this next level shit...

I'm not sure about them switching rounds since most are against that.

---

War posturing from Russia.

https://thediplomat.com/2018/07/2-r...south-koreas-air-defense-identification-zone/

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  4. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    is the OICW program up again?

5. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
  6. Cliffy McEdgeface

Jun 28, 2018
    We should probably shift to shit like 6.5mm Creedmoor. 5.56 NATO is (from everything I hear) all around worse than its Russian equivalent (5.45x39).

What the fuck are we currently using as a DMR anyway? The SCAR?

EDIT: M110? Never fucking heard of it :confused: then again I'm not exactly an expert
    *looks it up*
    OK so the G28 is supposed to be less conspicuous than the M110 and I'll be fucking honest, you put them side by side and I'd peg the G28 as the slightly more "obvious" DMR.

7. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005

Here is the G28...

8. Cliffy McEdgeface

Jun 28, 2018
    It's, like, a couple inches shorter. Much inconspicuous. Very sneaky. Wow. It's not like that scope gives it away as a DMR or anything. Really not difficult to see the difference between an ACOG and that thing.

9. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    There's a story going around that right after our Defense Minister took seat, demands were made to defense companies. Since soldiers suddenly could only carry 15 kg instead of 20 kg, 5 kg of weight had to be shaved down from the personal gear. So one company allegedly received a call to shave down 5 kg from their product, so they had to explain to the Bundeswehr that, since their part was only 3 kg and negative had not been invented yet, they couldn't fulfill this request.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Dark side in da houssah

Nov 22, 2009
    Bundeswehr is pretty good with military fashion stuff. :) This could be my look when I'm rolling down the street.

11. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    That would have been interesting "German weapons manufacturer invents anti gravity to produce a lighter rifle."

12. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    Ehh not really. So back in Vietnam the 5.56 used then had this devastating wounding capability do to the weight of the bullets and twist rate of the rifle that caused it to tumble when it hit soft targets and explode inside bodies. the Soviets saw the wounds this thing was causing and decided to make their own. 5.45 Having a hollow tip causes the round to shatter after penetration of soft targets. While this Soviets were making theirs, NATO was adopting 5.56 but with some changes. a heaver bullet trading exploding for penetration.

The biggest problem now with 5.56 is people using them in Carbines in long distance engagements far past their effective range against people armed with weapons firing full sized rifle rounds like 7.62x54r.

13. Cliffy McEdgeface

Jun 28, 2018
    KRAUT SPACE MAGIC STRIKES AGAIN

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
  15. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Soon enough we will be all replaced by AI anyway, which at some point once the AI is smart enough will cancel all weapon programms rendinger all wars, conflicts and agressions as useless, with the intention to engage in more productive activies. Like playing Chess.

GREETINGS PROFESSOR FALKEN.

16. Cliffy McEdgeface

Jun 28, 2018
    :fabulously_optimistic:

17. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005

If you did not support the War on Terror you were the 2001 equivalent of a 2018 racist.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Cliffy McEdgeface

Jun 28, 2018
    Hoo boy, I remember that shit. I also remember being told I was an apologist for an evil tyrant with evil sons because I thought the claims of Saddam having nuke capability were probably a crock of shit.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005