A little bit of new gameplay footage - "Big Leagues" Perk

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by J_Fred, Oct 27, 2015.

1. J_Fred

J_Fred Long time lurker

Dec 22, 2013
    Bethesda shows some melee footage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvmifSyRxg8

It actually looks pretty good. Maybe a bit cartoonish with the exploding bits, but I guess that's kind of a staple of Fallout.

Here's hoping F4 will be a good addition to the series!

2. Practicat

Practicat Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 25, 2014
    Look at the NPCs' reaction when the player kills the guard. Great effort with the animations, Bethesda /s.

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    According to the Perk description the rank 5 of Big Leaguers is still just a damage increase, It doubles the damage of Melee weapons and it just activates an animation that doesn't even seem to be like the special Vats moves from New Vegas....

Also when he kills the guard a loot window appears briefly, it only gives 2 options "Take" and "Transfer", transfer to what? Companions? Settlements?

4. Battlecross

Battlecross Banned

Jun 17, 2015
    Interestingly enough AL East is on the Green Monster which is a league that didn't exist till the late 1960's. Might be another parallel like the Fallout universe electing Reagan or something.

5. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    Didn't they make looting corpses and other things unintuitive if I remember correctly?

6. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    The Loot window doesn't seem to show the Armor as lootable and seems to appear when you hover over a Corpse instead of openning the menu, so I am guessing "Take all" will be the default option for both.

7. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    Am I the only one bothered by that spinning death animation? Just me? Ok...

8. phipboy

phipboy Newly elected overseer

Oct 2, 2015
    Were there crops in the last shot? Did BGS finally learn that people need to grow food in order to survive?

9. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    So no more loot window?

10. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Looking at it closely there is a Green highlight on the Bottle Caps so maybe you do get to choose item by item. Maybe you control it with the D-Pad on a console, but how will it work on a PC? Sounds janky as fuck either having to look up or down while looting and potentially getting out of the range for the window to appear or getting locked in there and constantly getting stuck on the loot window while trying to fight because you happened to lock eyes with a corpse...

Edit: Another option would be to force you to use the ARROW keys to select what to loot, which is also pretty crappy.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  11. Battlecross

Battlecross Banned

Jun 17, 2015
    There is a loot window that shows up in the video.

http://imgur.com/a/ufQUQ

Looks like you scroll and select each or take all same as the past.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  12. youlstn

youlstn First time out of the vault

Oct 16, 2015
    I wonder if it makes the baseball sound and crowd noise everytime. I guess that noise is in your character's head, because with this perk you have become a psychopath--as you now see people's heads as baseballs. But I guess it sorta goes stylistically with the death "cha ching."

13. MessedUpPro

MessedUpPro First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2015
    There's an ellipsis at the bottom of the loot menu. I'm assuming this is where the rest of his items are, so if you just wanted his armor, you'd go down to the ellipsis, or something.

14. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Badly designed UI again, eh, it shouldn't surprise me with this game at this point.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    That's what modders are there for, am I right?

Bethesda can't fix it? Yes we (modders) can!

16. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Archives Overseer

Mar 16, 2013
    That huge perk icon stuck in the middle of screen seems like it will become very annoying.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. LostPony

LostPony First time out of the vault

Aug 20, 2015
    We have seen even in the E3 video that you need to grow crops to attract and take care of your settlement residents, so I would think it not much of a leap to have others growing crops as well.

18. phipboy

phipboy Newly elected overseer

Oct 2, 2015
    I did notice that with the settlements. Something tells me that BGS might be completely oblivious of it outside a gameplay mechanic.

19. MessedUpPro

MessedUpPro First time out of the vault

Jun 11, 2015
    Uh, how is your inability to pay attention a fault of Bethesda's? I caught it right off the bat (no bad pun intended).

20. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    You don't even understand why I am calling it badly designed, don't you?

If what you say is true then that means that not only is the new Loot window some clunky hover menu but that it will also forces you to open further submenus when they could've instead used that slot with the "---" to list another item. And seeing how the Loot Window doesn't even have a scroll bar I am doubting is that. Regardless it looks like a badly designed interface again, and not just because it's of the same Snot Green as everything else.

So The other option is that, Like I said before, you can't loot armor off enemies which would probably be to force you to either buy it or craft it. The armor is also on a "Body part" system, so if they where to show the body armor in the hover menu it would take up to 6 separate slots....

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015