A perfect Fallout game - by MATN

Could anyone summarize what basically his perfect Fallout game would be?
I have the feeling I am probably going to disagree on quite some points.

I was gonna say how much I hate videos that are up to an hour long because that's too much time taken up. But who is this man and his ungodly six hour thirty minute video?

Anyone who makes a 6 hour long video does not have an opinion worth my time to listen to. Unless you're writing a book, your opinion can be shortened down to perhaps an hour at the most, not 6 hours.

Besides, even if I actually even wanted to watch the video to hear some rando's opinion on about some other rando's opinion, the thumbnail is instantly off putting. Putting a vomit icon next to the thumbnail of MATN's video thumbnail is not funny or witty to anyone above the age of (maybe) 13?

I watched, not all of it, but a fair chunk of it.
I not going to lie here, he does makes some fair points, especially how the world in other Fallout games seems to only progress when you are there, and without you it simply happens nothing in that location, something that Fallout 1 and sometimes 2 did.

Yeah, I know that the games have limitation beacuse of the technology used, and NV would not even dream about such a thing beacuse of the development time that the NV team had, but I pretty sure at least in some locations in Fallout 3 and 4, this could happen. Tho, seeing Bethesda is really lazy in writing and story telling, I do not expect do them to do anything on this level today or even in the future.

your opinion can be shortened down to perhaps an hour at the most, not 6 hours.
This is absolutely true. We are all passionate about Fallout here, but six and a half hours on a video essay that is essentially just dumping on someone elses opinion is nothing short of tryhard. Though now I notice that the video he's responding to is two hours long, now it just seems to me like a tryhard out-trying the tryhard. Nothing of value here folks, move along.

I usually listen to the essay length videos in the background while I play games. I ended up watching all 6 hours and I think Creetosis does make good points. He just goes on too many tangents.

most youtubers make a 20 minute video and apologize for length, this guy dumped his six hour load onto the website like it was nobodies business.

most youtubers make a 20 minute video and apologize for length, this guy dumped his six hour load onto the website like it was nobodies business.

Funny they apologize for the long video. I clicked on the video knowing full well its gonna be long, and their apology always takes up more time than it has to, sometimes its just a minute of personal ramblings. That's something they should be sorry for, wasting my fucking time when I bunkered in to watch a long ass video and it's been three minutes and I haven't even heard the topic come up yet because they're too busy being sorry for no fucking reason.

I think Creetosis's long ass 6 hours response video is a testament to just how much of a bullshit MATN's video is.

I remember I subscribed to creetosis for a while, never watched any of his videos however.
I unsubed when I looked at it and saw it was just nothing but Fallout 3&4 videos, and I thought to myself "as someone who used to bash on these games a lot, it starts to become extremely unhealthy".

Like 9 of the 21 videos have to do with Fallout 3&4, not even 1,2 or New Vegas.
At this point, I find Bethesda haters more annoying than Bethesda lovers, at least those guys actually enjoy what they are talking about.

No game needs 6 3-hour long analysis on why a game is bad, I haven't got time to watch that, and I literally got nothing going on right now.

I remember Mister caption and how much I loved the stuff he put out, but in hindsight, he put out a crap lot of Fallout videos to the point where I think it made him depressed. And then all People wanted from him was Fallout videos to the point where I've not heard him mention the game since he rebooted.

It's like Star Wars fans, my god do they still go on about a film that came out nearly 4 years ago.
It's like "Move on, do something you enjoy instead of making an entire channel based on how much you don't like a film"

Last edited:
@Millim True, I do think the obsessive content making is a bit dry BUT someone did need to put MATN in his place tbh.

MATN's video is filled with blatant strawmans and outright bad faith arguements. I could probably count on one hand the number of points he makes in good faith, and then his fans will see criticisms of him where they say "He's just trying to talk positively about the game" ignoring the fact that he's basically using bad-faith arguements to treat everyone who disagrees with him like an idiot, and act smug and superior, while at the same time shitting on New Vegas over trivial bullshit to push a point.

Like this is a dude who literally shows himself jumping over a Vault 101 Security Guard and running out of the Vault to make the case that Vault 101 gives you a "non-violent" option, and says that you're not railroaded through Little Lamplight because "There's a barricade in the way that needs to be opened". He suggests the Supermutants are actually excellently written because "They're coming from a Vault and searching for FEV mirrors what the Vault Dweller did but with the water chip"

I think Creetosis's 6 hour video is obnoxious, but I watched it all the way through the end just for the satisfaction of having MATN put in his place, because the video he put out is legitimately more bad faith than anything I've seen from any other of the Bethesda shills on youtube.
I not going to lie here, he does makes some fair points, especially how the world in other Fallout games seems to only progress when you are there, and without you it simply happens nothing in that location, something that Fallout 1 and sometimes 2 did.
Van Buren had a plan to have a group of NCR Rangers going around getting involved in conflicts as rivals to the PC, so if you didn't get there on time, they'd resolve the situation in whatever way benefited them.

Yeah, there are ways you can do it. Personally, I think a tight hour to hour and a half video rebutting a lot of the claims made in the game would have worked better than a six hour one.

But that's your Fallout 3 video. You don't get to do it again because we know the issues you have with the game already.

Honestly, I think Hbomberguy made the best Fallout 3 video. It was an hour and a half, funny and explained everything he liked about the game and everything he thought was wrong about the game

He suggests the Supermutants are actually excellently written because "They're coming from a Vault and searching for FEV mirrors what the Vault Dweller did but with the water chip"
Haha wait what? He’s saying the Super Mutants looking for FEV is like the Vault Dweller looking for the water chip? Or did I misunderstand?

Like this is a dude who literally shows himself jumping over a Vault 101 Security Guard and running out of the Vault to make the case that Vault 101 gives you a "non-violent" option, and says that you're not railroaded through Little Lamplight because "There's a barricade in the way that needs to be opened". He suggests the Supermutants are actually excellently written because "They're coming from a Vault and searching for FEV mirrors what the Vault Dweller did but with the water chip"
These are some of the worst "arguments" i have read in defense of the dumbest shit in Fallout 3. It makes it so transparent that the entire point of the video was a thinly veiled excuse to criticize the people that rightfully criticize Fallout 3.

Haha wait what? He’s saying the Super Mutants looking for FEV is like the Vault Dweller looking for the water chip? Or did I misunderstand?

He says that it's a deliberate choice by Bethesda that they placed Vault 87 in the western part of the map, but Supermutants appear east from there, just like VD walking east from V13 to V15. They also aren't mindless orcs, because when you go to Vault 87 for GECK, it's just like bad ending of Fallout 1 where SMs slaughter Vault 13, but this time you slaughter them in their Vault (ignoring the fact that earlier he said that running away from Vault security is "a valid moral choice").

Also to add to what Jogre said, he uses everything to put down NV.
For example he says that game designers always put their main mechanic as a first thing in the tutorial. So Fallout 3 starts with dialogue at your birthday (ignoring the part where you are taught to pick objects with Z as a baby), while NV starts with you shooting bottles (ignoring dialogue checks with Mitchell and skill checks in his house) and that means Fallout 3 is less combat focused than NV.

As his long time viewer I know that Jon isn't a retard and he made the video the way it is on purpose. And looking at number of views and likes/dislikes I think he succeeded.

I think the best argument against Fallout 3 is MATN's defenses. You know that there is a serious problem when you have to bend backwards sooooo much just to defend its unpopular decisions, of which there were many.
MATN's video is so bad. lol. Like damn.

Back