Adapting Van Buren (Workshop - Complete on Page 30)

I believe they're using the original Van Buren map I sent them as a base reference
It's just that one or two more hexes would give a lot more breathing room, this way a lot of stuff is going to be packed together a bit too tight for my liking. Plus a hex or two further south gives a more natural geographic barrier rather than a straight cut-off.

There is also an additional "test" for the roads in the bottom right corner if you spot
Yeah I noticed

I also need to pick a name for this world book:

Fallout: Van Buren
A Vault Archives PnP Guide is what I've got so far.

It's just that one or two more hexes would give a lot more breathing room, this way a lot of stuff is going to be packed together a bit too tight for my liking. Plus a hex or two further south gives a more natural geographic barrier rather than a straight cut-off.

I'll get them to do it. Shouldn't be a problem.

How about as an alternate subtitle -

'A Vaut-Tec Guide to the Four Corners Commonwealth'

That's a good one. I do want to clarify it's for my Vault Archives PnP but I'll work that in somewhere.

PC is being built as we speak (screwdrivers) so I should be able to put out the pdf tonight if I work like a dog. Tomorrow at the latest. I'll add the map in version 2

How about as an alternate subtitle -

'A Vaut-Tec Guide to the Four Corners Commonwealth'

Also could I kindly ask you to make monochrome versions of your icons so I can fit the black and white style I do for my PDFs. We will use orange for the map proper. But just need classic vault boys for the pdf. Would be much appreciated

Also could I kindly ask you to make monochrome versions of your icons so I can fit the black and white style I do for my PDFs. We will use orange for the map proper. But just need classic vault boys for the pdf. Would be much appreciated
No problem, pretty simple to do. Though like for notes on changes to make I'm moving today and tomorrow, so it'll be a day or two before I'm able.

Np. We will save that for version 2 then. I'll use existing icons in the meantime or give it a go myself. Thanks for the help.
Sort of related to the icon point and the previous title point - I could make an icon for a 'Vault Archives PNP' seal and style it like a Vault-Tec department seal, and you could put that on the bottom of the cover page or wherever it looks good as if it were a verification/endorsement stamp.

Sort of related to the icon point and the previous title point - I could make an icon for a 'Vault Archives PNP' seal and style it like a Vault-Tec department seal, and you could put that on the bottom of the cover page or wherever it looks good as if it were a verification/endorsement stamp.

That would be absolutely excellent. Thank you.

OK, these are all of the corrections/additions I could find.
  • Earthquake inclusion in Colorado, esp. at Van Buren prison.
  • Maybe a little hokey, but maybe one of the outcomes/resolutions/endings to the Iron Rivers if you don't uncover the blunders/conspiracy or mediate or whatever, in the worst case scenario for the Santa Fe, is that they end up going east towards the actual Santa Fe, with their ultimate fate riding on your decisions regarding Nexus and Los Alamos
  • Here's two possibilities of how to handle the Golden Spike. One is you could add the detail of Salt Lake island tribals, and maybe assosciated with that the trade ferry from Syracuse to the other side of the lake to avoid White Legs and 80s, ultimately with the PCs having to ride the ferry to one of these isolated islands and somehow get the spike off the locals. This seems like a lot of work though, so alternatively you could just have the spike in New Canaan's treasury. If you help New Canaan it's rewarded to you, if you help Judah Black he gives it to you since has has no need for such an Old World idol. As an additional bit of detail and to make the choice somewhat interesting and tie in to our Copperhead discussion, you could have Caesar paying a very high premium on all gold and silver artifacts as he begins to prepare for Legion currency. This could be mentioned to the players either in New Canaan by traders or by the Legionaires at the camp.
  • Lack of hooks and detail on New Jerusalem feels a bit odd
  • Boulder Drive-In
  • Boulder Moon Yokel Grub Farmer
  • Protein Token currency
  • Zoner as Arizonan demonym
  • Desert View Watchtower as main office of Magnum Chasma
  • Have Moab trogs as more like Pitt Trogs that the original VB design, maybe retaining oversized craniums and nail-claws.
  • "tri-spiked crown of those who serve Hecate"? You mentioned this but I'm not sure what it means and I don't think you ever explained
  • Specify that the gas station the Rangers are camped at is a Solitaire
  • Throw in a few Super Muties
  • Alternative ARGOS idea - FIDO?
  • Moab detail
  • Revert back to the Cyclers for Hecate's tribe, I realized 'Circle' would get too confusing since not only is there the future Circle Junction but the current Circle of Steel.
  • Twisted Hairs detail
  • Man-Eating Locust
  • Utah Testing Range and DIA detail
Also, a thought occurred to me that maybe you already considered: since the Legion encampment is on the south side of the Grand Canyon, and considering the nature of that canyon (which is to say, grand), it wouldn't be so simple as it appears on the map to get to them by going south from New Canaan. You'd have to circle all the way back, with Moab and earlier on the river being the only point that it's fordable. maybe you could do something with Navajo Bridge as a major trade/strategic chokepoint, though it may already be destroyed by 2253.

e:Map southern border - honestly it should probably be four or five hexes further down, rather than just one or two. Bloomfield is supposed to be decently far south in Arizona. And in any case, it's just better for them to err on the side of caution. After all, if we decide that four or five hexes more is too much we can always just cut it off.

And I forgot to justfiy why it might be desireable to change the name to FIDO - you steered away from TARTARUS partly because of Poseidon, and the same applies to ARGOS, so you replaced it with an all-american name. Well, FIDO is the only 'American' dog name I can think of (even though its pretty common throughout the West) since it was the name of Lincoln's dog. But ARGOS is fine, just wanted to throw the idea out there.

VB Icons.png

@Atomic Postman

I’m away from my laptop right now, but I can do it later. Though I’m not sure if it would look good without the green

I also thought of the name BULLMOOSE for ARGOS since it channels that old worldy patriotism and would fit right in next to Liberty Prime.

Or you could just simply call it WARDEN

Last edited:
Minor update on the map - he can extend by one square but beyond that will cost extra. Much more detail to come yet. I've written up Van Buren and Grand Junction in the PDF but I've been swamped with stuff going on IRL but whatever. I'm going state by state with each area as Chapters. Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico.

Attachments

• loedmomamochopcb (1).jpg
    loedmomamochopcb (1).jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 152
An interesting thought I had whilst writing up the edited Iron Rivers

The Golden Spike and the New Canaanites - with gold NCR Currency I feel like that would have high value but I'm not versed enough in economics to know exactly what kind of leverage that would give them.

Minor update on the map - he can extend by one square but beyond that will cost extra. Much more detail to come yet. I've written up Van Buren and Grand Junction in the PDF but I've been swamped with stuff going on IRL but whatever. I'm going state by state with each area as Chapters. Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico.
1 isn't ideal but couild be fine

Back