Are shots to testicles really funny?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by SorgFall, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Philos

Philos First time out of the vault

Jul 24, 2013

2. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    I have a pile of canes in my backyard, stolen from countless old people, next to the pile of toys I have gathered from thousands of innocent toddlers! I have planted a flag on top of each pile, with my face on it.

3. Matthews

Matthews It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 29, 2012
    :clap: :D

EDIT: Bravo, my good sir!

4. SorgFall

SorgFall Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2007
    What? But I didn't disagree with you per se and I actually wrote not about making it the game more "amusing", but rather realistic.

5. CthuluIsSpy

CthuluIsSpy A Smooth-Skin

Dec 20, 2011
    What you should do is turn the pile of canes into a throne. Like in A Song of Ice and Fire (aka Game of Thrones).

You then place it on your front lawn to mock the old people.

6. SorgFall

Jul 2, 2007
    This humor eludes me.

7. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Dedman oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Made me chuckle.

8. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Well, a post-apo game reflecting the real world simply must resort to some forms of violence, otherwise it would be highly unbelievable. Funny or not, there are much worse and still legal badges of violence in our society than hits to the groin.

9. BigBoss

BigBoss Your Local Scrub

Dec 24, 2012

10. Banestalker

Banestalker Wanamingo Breeder

Jun 5, 2014
    depends on which end of the gun you are really.

11. FOvet

FOvet Wandering the Wastelands

Aug 26, 2012
    Oh, in Fallout 1 and 2, next to headshots, groin shots were some of my *favorite* to make. There's nothing quite as satisfying as having a male raider taunt you and then critting him in the groin, sending him flying back about 5 hexes and insta-killing him. Oh yes, I loved my targeted groin shots. I even use them in FOnline Reloaded! I **really** wish they had groin shots in FO3 and New Vegas :D

But to answer the question..yes, shots to the testicles **are** really funny. When it's not you getting shot, that is xD

12. 5545Trey

5545Trey Underground Deviant

Jun 25, 2014
    Shooting enemies in the testicles was a very effective way to knock them down. It was also hilarious how they would fall flat on their backs and their stomachs.

13. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Moving Target

Nov 8, 2012
    What really? What a waste. I just use them as fuel for my fireplace along with some children's coloring books.

14. SorgFall

Jul 2, 2007
    And what about: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShareTheMalePain

15. 00:49

00:49 First time out of the vault

Oct 10, 2012
    Shots to the testicles aren't funny, per se. Shots to the testicles are hella funny in the right context.

The text box messages in 1 and 2 helped.

Killing all the Khans in Vault 15/The Squat by introducing 12-gauge shells into their reproductive system was funny because it was a 'serial killer's M.O.' thing. Trying to beat the boxers in Reno in a fair fight and then resorting to taking a swing at the 'ol family jewels when you're almost dead - that was funny. 3 and, to a lesser extent, NV, had way too many generic human enemies to make testicle shots a thing - and a funny thing (if groin shots were possible). Still, Ms. Ludicrous, my second New Vegas character, who was a mentally unhinged and random computer geek, energy weapons fan and faithful female legionnaire, had a nervous breakdown when God conspired to make her incapable of assassinating the NCR's president via plasma-bolt castration. Which would have been funny in context, not because it's a penis thing.

I think shots to the groin fit in the constant lawless struggle that is Post-Apocalyptia, and I think it's nice to have them as it helps you role-play and make the game more interesting for yourself. Groin-shots just for the sake of groin-shots is just meh.

16. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 26, 2007
    I always saw groin shots in the game both as a "whatever it takes" [to win] option, in the lawless post apocalypse; fitting IMO. And as a way to make a fight personal... [no seriously]
    I can recall once battling way in the military base, and a supermutant kills Dogmeat, where upon I spent a turn to march the PC across the screen into melee range, and next round whopped the mutant in the balls with a super sledge.

17. valcik

Dec 20, 2008
    Let's not imagine how the supemutant's balls looks like.. Huge green thing the size of a watermelon! :look:

18. Gizmojunk

Nov 26, 2007
    Vree said that she could not discern gender...

19. valcik

Dec 20, 2008
    Ah, that's right. Okay then, it would be really frightening imagery otherwise!

20. Gizmojunk

Nov 26, 2007
    Frightening imagery either way; it means that FEV is a ball shriveling infection that creates androgynous hulks. :shock: