Armoured talking heads

Question: Am i correct in thinking that once you've recruited a companion, they never use anything other than the 'neutral' set of heads? If this is the case there's no point in me doing the 'bad' and 'good' faces....
The only exception I can think of is Myron. He does get angry when you try to convince him there might be a cure for Jet addiction.

Thanks Nova. Extra frames for Myron.
@NovaRain: in case this can't be scripted though normal means, can an sfall script tell the game to use user-defined FRMs for the companions talking heads when they wear different armor? And even different voice files?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not good at scripting to be honest. From Sulik's script his talking head is set with start_gdialog.
It should be possible to check what armor the companion is currently wearing and switch different talking head FRMs. But I know nothing about voice files.

Last edited:
Cassidy's all done:

EHImrEw.gif

iMaLkrP.gif

QDBsRYK.gif

rRIKrrB.gif

H9yDpVC.gif

pyVFuN7.gif

w0PNDxV.gif

Excellent - maybe message Killap and see if he can work it into the next RP.

Will do. If MIB88 will help me I might even be able to edit the RP 2.3 source files to get it working, and of course MIB will work it into the MM.

Only Myron baby! left now - although unfortunately we never made metal, leather or jacket for him so i'll only do combat, ROBE, power and APA for him to match his sprite. It's a shame he's incomplete but hey...

I'd leave out the APA ones though (maybe just use your regular PA ones); would be a bit boring to talk to 5 APA clones during the endgame ;)

I'd leave out the APA ones though (maybe just use your regular PA ones); would be a bit boring to talk to 5 APA clones during the endgame ;)
Agree. Talking to a team with all APA talking head is boring, and usually it's impossible to get more than 2 APAs in the entire game. :P
Unless player cheat or use some mod to loot APAs from Enclave Patrol.

Since I'm used to CHA 4 Chosen One, there's not more than 2 companions in my playthroughs usualy, so this is not any problem for me. :smile:
Good work Josan12, can't wait to see them in-game!

While I know what you mean, I have a cunning plan (that may not be technically possible) for APA - while visually they will all look the same, I've already tested running their voices through a 'walkie-talkie' filter to make them sound like the navarro seargent. It sounds pretty cool - i'll post a WAV shortly for everyone to try out.

http://www.filedropper.com/suradio24hp

Last edited:
@Josan12
Are you planning to do armors for Vic's head as well?
You can find it in my pack here. Maybe even Lenny that I put together.

No I don't think so. It doesn't seem quite finished to me, whereas Conti's Cassidy has that polish that makes it really look like he fits in the game.

Can anyone offer any clues on how to script these new heads into the game?

1) add them into the heads.lst
2) modify the NPC's script ... how?

Drobovik, how do you get Vic's head into the game? I'm okay with just a static image and no lipsync. I'm also super interested in Lara and Metzger's head.

Able to work on art

I am not back in the US, but I am back at my temporary home now and can work on this. I have the next couple of days off and will get the alternate heads working. If I get that working - and I am 99.9% sure I can - then those alternate voice files will also be Super easy. Heck, I might have it finished tonight...

I am not back in the US, but I am back at my temporary home now and can work on this. I have the next couple of days off and will get the alternate heads working. If I get that working - and I am 99.9% sure I can - then those alternate voice files will also be Super easy. Heck, I might have it finished tonight...

Sounds good MIB88, i'll wait to hear from you while i'm finishing off Myron.

@Magnus
Drobovik, how do you get Vic's head into the game? I'm okay with just a static image and no lipsync. I'm also super interested in Lara and Metzger's head.
You can download the demo pack of custom heads and check out the scripts that come with it. Basically its all in the talk procedure. And I based it all on Killaps RP sources.
Example
Code:
procedure talk_p_proc begin 
start_gdialog(NAME,self_obj,4,HEAD_NEWHEAD1,BACKGROUND_ENCLAVE);
Check this and this. Use google translate to turn it into English.:wink:

Last edited:
Got it

@Josan12
Got it. Tested it with the existing heads that were already in the game. Works like a charm. I'll give you the details in pm. Very simple to implement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's really worth it to give 'em walkie-talkie filter versions of their voice lines, 'cause it'd take up loads of space just for "helmeted power armor" heads. Maybe Falltergeist will allow doing that in realtime like Gamebryo did with FO3 & New Vegas?

Back