Assassins Creed III set in...

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Serge 13, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    Desmond did his bit to make the sci fi dumb as well. I wonder if they set out to make Desmond the most boring, generic, useless, unlikeable waste of space on purpos, no clue what that purpose is.

I wonder if they did the "free men or slaves" speech ironically or if the developers really don't know which side had slaves and which side didn't. :V

2. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    They already made a movie based on that trailer

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLbIKgEj1VY&feature=related[/youtube]

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Both did, and shh you're not supposed to mention this in a patriotic moment like that. :roll:

Something I'm wondering too - should an assassin be wielding a pistol? Especially in that era? They're awfully loud...

4. Cimmerian Nights

Cimmerian Nights So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2004
    Snowy tree parkour. Wheeeee!

5. Nology5890

Nology5890 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 22, 2006
    Using the most efficient killing method for mid-ranged weapons at the time. Or coolest. I'd say an arm-mounted crossbow would be better and cooler, though.

6. Ausdoerrt

Oct 28, 2008
    Wasn't the big thing in previous AC games to remain undetected? A pistol is really bad for that job... And the trailer makes it look like it's one of the default main weapons. Weird.

Well, at least he's got a bow on him.

7. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    They had a pistol in the previous three games, too. Though you effectively never used it because there were better ways of ranged killing.

8. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    Yeah, like a crossbow or throwing knives.

9. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    Ezio had an arm cannon in AC 2 already. Why wouldn't this guy be packing one along with a bow and other silent tools in this period?

10. Serge 13

Serge 13 Cranium Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    I think it worked fine for the first two entries. I really liked the Subject 16 glyphs in AC2. Brotherhood and Revelations simply recycled old story elements without introducing anything new.

11. Nology5890

Nology5890 Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 22, 2006
    Man, using that and the giant axe, though... Both of those weapons produced hilarity from the death animations. Throw the axe at some unsuspecting guard and tell me you didn't laugh.

12. Ausdoerrt

Oct 28, 2008
    Oh. I only played the first game, and it was much more toned down in that respect.

13. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    After finishing ACII (or was it Brotherhood?) I wandered around with the heavy sword\axe and murdered guards by the dozens, man that was fun.

14. Serge 13

Jul 20, 2006
    Gamespot has a new article about ACIII which also contains some new screenshots:

15. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    Contains ACTION PACKED canoo-paddlin'

16. Serge 13

Jul 20, 2006
    Come on man, ACIII is not about action, it's all about freedom!

17. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Wow, there's like 5 missions pulled from the game to sell as CE-exclusive. Plus, this confirms the americanocentrism even more. ''Join or Die'' edition? Really? This CE-exclusive game content trend is starting to become silly.

18. Alphadrop

Alphadrop A right proper chap.

Aug 21, 2008
    In a recent interview they did say you kill people on both sides of the fight. Someone should tell their marketing department.

19. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Woud be awesome though if they would give him a look like this:

The only solution would be to stop buying products. But sadly ... gamers seem to be a very special group of consumer. There really have to happen many many bad things that they decide "not" to do something or taking actions against companies. Sometimes I am curious if gamers enjoy being the slaves of companies. Not that the gaming business is the only one where sometimes silly things happen. But seriously. Gamers really take many things before something happens. From bugs to greed and more.

20. Renegadexss

Renegadexss It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 26, 2011
    I think it'll be a good game and I don't care about founding father worship they were pretty awesome anyway.