Bethesda Founder: "Game prices might increase."

I don't know anyone who has ever bought a video game because of a certain actor's involvement.
Apocalypse, for Playstation One's only selling point was that the main character was made to look like (and voiced by) Bruce Willis.
MV5BMGJmODI2MzItNjlhYy00ODhmLWFkNzQtYTkyODNmMmE4ODc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg

I guess in the console and cost department, what we would see, would be Nintendo outperform the other console companies. Nintendo always seems to keep their prices on a more "affordable" level.
Maybe because Nintendo doesn't pay for the extra licence fees needed to make its consoles double as a home media center? I'm not completely sure.
They are already charging extra for their games in certain countries so they are also racist.
The better person in me wants to believe that you trying to make a joke.

Honestly, is anyone surprised? EA wants to make multiplayer games to get extra money from microtransactions and Bethesda just wants to charge more up front. I just hope that people aren't stupid enough to cozy up with the "lesser evil."

Honestly, is anyone surprised? EA wants to make multiplayer games to get extra money from microtransactions and Bethesda just wants to charge more up front. I just hope that people aren't stupid enough to cozy up with the "lesser evil."
And don't forget Bethesda Creation Club shenanigans. So, not only increasing the price of games, but also have microtransations in singleplayer games.

And don't forget Bethesda Creation Club shenanigans. So, not only increasing the price of games, but also have microtransations in singleplayer games.
The microtransactions used to be justified by the games being free to play but EA placed them in its $60.00 games too. I used to think that Season passes were just things added as pre-order incentives. I didn't think people actually paid for it. However, as long as there is a demand there is a market.

What's a season pass anyway?
I'm not kidding, I've never bought that thing nor did I care to learn more.

What's a season pass anyway?
I'm not kidding, I've never bought that thing nor did I care to learn more.
I never fell for that stuff either. A Season Pass is when you "buy the full package" at game release or even before it is released.
Usually a Season Pass costs way more than the game, but it will net you the base games and all the future expansions/DLCs that game will have. But you usually have to buy it before or at game launch (although these days it seems some companies leave the purchase of the Season Pass option open for way longer).

Well, I remember seeing Season Pass two times where I thought it was a good deal - for The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3. IIRC Season Pass was in both cases 5-10 euros cheaper than simply buying expansions, so in that sense, I guess it's a good thing (but the term Season Pass is just plain dumb). I also think that in both cases Season Pass was introduced way after the release date of the base game.
On the other hand, buying that crap before the game is even released is awful practice.

Whenever I see the word "expansion" my mind always takes me back to the first expansion for a game that I've heard of - and that I've bought - and that was The Frozen Throne for Warcraft 3. Since then, there have been a handful of expansions that actually felt worth my money or worthy of the title "expansion set", which has come to represent something of great value in my mind, something that really, really improves an already great product.

First time I've heard of "DLC" was for Fallout 3. I remember reading about it in a gaming mag and was confused and annoyed by the term - I thought back then, what's wrong with a single big expansion set on a disc that just adds a huge amount of content instead of all these fragmented pieces that you also need a good connection and a credit card to get (neither of which I had at the time)?
I kinda thought that wouldn't work in the long term and that expansion like The Frozen Throne would remain the standard.
Oh, how naive I was...

Back