Bethesda: Thanks and Updates for Fallout 4

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 20, 2015.

1. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    I posted some of the bugs on my Youtube page. I get ones like Piper swimming in the air(I recorded it but didn't upload it), Piper with her arms up sliding around the map with a disassembled gun, invisible guns in first person, no clip bug after exiting a terminal, companions stuck in walls, missing companion, terminal only shows half the screen or sometimes none at all, TAB works when it feels like it, texture and unrendered area bugs, infinite loading time bug, and more to come i'm sure. Sorry for the bitching but my experience with Fallout 4 so far has been terrible.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Don't worry, this is probably one of the last places where you'll run into trouble for bitching about F4 ;)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
    Some people don't pay attention to certain bugs though.
    I might see a texture not load quick enough and sort of just pop in after a while and it might be such a small thing that I don't even remember it.

4. SaucyLad

SaucyLad Stuck in a Fridge

Nov 20, 2015
    Yeah I've completed the game twice. It has its share of problems yes but it doesn't bother me as I have grown to expect Fallout games to be buggy until players fix it with mods.

As for FNV, it is buggy as well. In fact I gave up on playing through it again before Fallout 4 was released due to all of the random crashing causing me to lose out on progression of the game.

Let's pretend Fallout 1/2/Tactics/Arcanum/FNV were all devoid of bugs and it's a "feature" exclusive to Fallout 3/4.

5. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    Ah yes "mods", the thing Bethesda expects to fix their broken game since the modders always do it and the excuses you and Bethesda fans use for this game. I never said the originals or NV didn't have bugs I said I DID encounter few BUT I didn't encounter many myself. Mods Mods Mods, is that your excuse for this game? Think about it a minute you can probably fix many things in the game but the MOST important part the lore, skills, and the dialogue system cannot be fixed because it's Bethesda's will and intention to do as they please with the license of Fallout.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 A Smooth-Skin

Jul 9, 2015
    So many on this site hold Bethesda to account for this versus Troika and Obsidian/Black Isle because of how easily the company gets away with releasing buggy games, and for reasons that are blatant excuses. Mods among them; that's placing dependency of Q&A, Bethesda's responsibility, on buyers of the product. and doing it over and over just gets long time gamers more pissed off.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. SumsoluS

SumsoluS The Punchinator

May 9, 2004
    I don't think I'm even going to bother with the main plot quest. I'm exploring, doing repeat quests with BoS and scavenging to mod my weapons. Sanctuary remains a couple of water pumps and 6 crops, oddly enough everyone there seems happy even though I've purposely left them to it. [Good to see they put their own energy into building stuff.... NOT] Once I've explored the map I think it is likely I am going to uninstall the game even though there is going to be dlc/addons later on because I don't think I can take anymore of this dumbed down shit and it costs a lot of beer in real life to keep me enjoying the dumb action.

EDIT: I found my first bug in under 5 minutes and keep finding them every couple of hours. The funniest one was watching Dogmeat hovering about.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. r0b0wnz

r0b0wnz First time out of the vault

Nov 17, 2015
    hahaha I have the same prob too, I have to take a ton of caffeine or alcohol to enjoy the game unlike nv where I could just play for hours on end, this game I feel like I have to take breaks and hype myself to play

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    I have to smoke a lot of po...err I mean *punga to help me make it through.

10. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    I'm one of the lucky people I guess. Been playing for well over 30 hours by now and I've have very little problems with bugs. The most common bug that is there basically all the time is my weapon not appearing when I switch weapons. It's annoying, but usually I just have to click once and it will appear. Other than that, I've had a problem with one terminal being inaccessible (this seems to be universal and could be fixed using a console command), and one npc sitting down inside of a terminal. One crash the very first time I played, which seemed to be memory-related (I'm only playing on 6 gb ram). And I get major slowdowns if I pick up the game after my computer has gone into powersaving mode (restarting the game has it running smooth again). My cpu is also below minimum requirements.

I'm not a strong believer in anecdotal evidence however, and just because I don't have any issues doesn't mean no one else has. I only has me wondering what invokes all these bugs for some people.

11. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Moving Target

Nov 8, 2012
    Remember, everything that the patches don't fix the modders will fix. Everything the modders don't fix is a feature.

12. rabidpulse

rabidpulse First time out of the vault

May 9, 2006
    I haven't run into any game breaking bugs either, but I keep a clean system. I have only seen the first person weapon not being shown but this has been fixed with some fiddling in the menus. No, I honestly don't think this game is as great as the hype that was surrounding it. Then again I told people what I expected of this game when I saw "Fallout Shelter" and this game has proven to be more detailed version of that game.
    If they come out with a modding tool then I will make mods for the game. (isn't that why PC games are superior, you can make then into what you want) I think as a stand alone game this one really fell below the mark, and I'm not thinking of when I killed Kenny (you bastard) or pimped out my wife. I'm thinking this is even below the standards I would give to Bioware for storytelling. I digress. No I haven't really run into any bugs yet, but I am stuck building up a base in the red rocket gas station, because I feel that settlement building will keep me interested in the game until the time that I can modify it to my liking.

13. ExplodesLikeABloodSausage

ExplodesLikeABloodSausage lol

May 11, 2006
    Meh. Bugs will be fixed in time, biggest ones first most likely. Having bugs is a non-event now. Name a game that isn't released buggy either now or in the past and I'll name you 5000 that were. Its the reality of the industry. Don't sweat the small stuff.

These are not the droids we are looking for, move along.

14. raynor009

raynor009 Hell yeah!

Apr 29, 2012
    Bout' fucking time they start releasing updates. Let's hope they get rid of the random FPS drops.

15. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
  16. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 12, 2011
    Steam Beta Patch is up apparently: http://steamcommunity.com/games/377160/announcements/detail/128712951172870673

17. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Installed it, game still re-detects my graphic settings at every start and the advanced graphics menu still can't remember my settings. Why do you tell that the automatic settings are "Ultra" when you set the texture quality to "Medium"? Oh, one thing the patch changed: Now the God Ray setting is "High" instead of "Ultra" at every start. 10/10 GOTY patch programming.

18. greene

greene First time out of the vault

May 7, 2007
    They should fix the bugs that crash your game during their stupid scripted events. Especially the one they took from fallout 3.

19. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    No word on Fixing the TAB key and hotkeys not working at random?

20. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    Have you forgot? It's a feature! :P

[ ] Patch?
    [x] Hate patches
    [ ] Sarcastic
    [ ] Patches help a lot

• [Like] [Like] x 6