BioShock in for a bumpy release

Supreme Member

P.S. I now have a securom root kit on my pc, companies have been sued over this, I would like it removed immediately.

This worries me...

Huh? That makes no sense. Why would someone not 'want' to use a patch?

1) there have been past games where I avoided a certain patch

2) that isn't really the point, the point is that you can't play your SINGLE PLAYER game if the patch server is unavailable/down

Matt Helm said:
Huh? That makes no sense. Why would someone not 'want' to use a patch?

1) there have been past games where I avoided a certain patch

2) that isn't really the point, the point is that you can't play your SINGLE PLAYER game if the patch server is unavailable/down

Heh, half life 2 for example. I was on dial up, did not need the multiplayer patch as I'd never actually play multiplayer, yet steam wanted me to spend hours dling a 35 meg patch on a 56k connection just to play the single player campaign.

And yes some patch's have sucked majorly

Most action oriented games, when made for consoles and the PC simulatneously, will usually tend to run/play better on a console.

There are a few exceptions but I found that even KotoR played better on the Xbox. (I played the first on x-box and 2nd on PC).

You can get a more precise aim with a mouse but you can be just as precise with a console controller with enough practice.

A little off topic, I know, but really I'm just suggesting that if you have the option that you should purchase Bioshock for the X 360 instead of the PC. It will even avoid the compatibility issues for the most part. I know you guys love your PC's and want to support them but when a game is designed for a console and PC simultaneously then you don't really have a choice....

Hmm.. maybe. I guess it depends on whether you have a nice PC and no X-Box 360, a poor PC and an X-box 360, or a nice PC and an X-box 360.

In the third instance you might have a choice. I'd still stick with the 360 version though, since the only reason to choose PC would be for custom content. Doesn't look like a very custom friendly game to me. :P

Yes. I know. Xbox machines are the worst examples of consoles ever made. Especially the initially resleased ones...

Eh. I probably shouldn't even comment since I'm not interested in the game. Especially since it uses an Unreal game engine.

The DRM crap is getting more and more annoying.

Especially the fucking spyware our demo rig got.

Also, Pope, since when did you decide to become a troll? Your "teenage nerd rage" comment was unneeded and 100% pure trolling. Seriously man, are you an adult or a pre-pubescent insecure child?

Mikael Grizzly said:
The DRM crap is getting more and more annoying.

Especially the fucking spyware our demo rig got.

Also, Pope, since when did you decide to become a troll? Your "teenage nerd rage" comment was unneeded and 100% pure trolling. Seriously man, are you an adult or a pre-pubescent insecure child?

Perhaps, I'm just a little fed up with the thought that the developer should have everything fixed within 1.5-2 days. Come on, class action law suits?? Give me a fucking break.

The DRM stuff is beyond retarded. They should have chosen Bethesda's path(Who'd imagine they'd do something right?) and left the activation/CD-Key shit out. All that stuff does is piss off the PC fanbase - fucking retards.
As far as the graphics go, I installed the latest third-party Xtreme-G drivers(163.44), and they blow the beta nVidia drivers(163.44) out of the water. I don't need to run a test to see the difference, it's easily evident when playing the game between the two drivers. I have a 6800XT, so the drivers definitely help.

Pope Viper said:
Perhaps, I'm just a little fed up with the thought that the developer should have everything fixed within 1.5-2 days. Come on, class action law suits?? Give me a fucking break.

Lack of any REACTION is what really pisses off.

CUSTOMERS: *OUTRAGE*
2K: *ignore*

The fact that some random guy was able to make the demo semi 2.0 shader compatible in apparently 20 minutes leads me to believe there's no reason they should have made it 3.0 only. This is the only game I've come across that my PC can't run on highest settings, never mind at all.

Mikael Grizzly said:
Pope Viper said:

Lack of any REACTION is what really pisses off.

CUSTOMERS: *OUTRAGE*
2K: *ignore*

Meh. Let's see.

2K: "We're aware and working on things."
Customers: **Angry Ranting**. You're not doing enough.

I'd rather give them a few days to work on things than have to respond to a thousand posts bitching about the same thing.

Not familiar with Xtreme-G drivers, any details? What kind of difference did you see?

Edited for double post.

Well that's craptastic. I was all Jazzed up about buying this game after finally playing the demo. Now I have to take a wait and see stance. I Hate (strong word, but accurate) crazily restrictive DRM, and apparently it also installs a RootKit? Also, what is this talk about spyware?

Well, I'm just bummed out now...

Grey_Ghost said:
Well that's craptastic. I was all Jazzed up about buying this game after finally playing the demo. Now I have to take a wait and see stance. I Hate (strong word, but accurate) crazily restrictive DRM, and apparently it also installs a RootKit? Also, what is this talk about spyware?

Well, I'm just bummed out now...

I've heard the demo may install a root kit as well, can you verify?

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6664

Back