Black Isle Studios is back

Crni Vuk said:
yeah even Blizzard is only in for the greed now ...
I think instead of "now" you meant to write "ever since they released WOW".

---

Does anyone have a link to the full timeline of Interplay's activities? It would be nice to see a blog or something going down the list of why everyone hates them. I don't follow news because I hate people, so I'm out of the loop. Last time I knew, Interplay made fucking amazing games, went bankrupt and that was that.

Sduibek said:
Last time I knew, Interplay made fucking amazing games, went bankrupt and that was that.
That's it. Interplay was a fine publisher before 2001, until the Titus Interactive took control and fucked it up.

valcik said:
Sduibek said:
Last time I knew, Interplay made fucking amazing games, went bankrupt and that was that.
That's it. Interplay was a fine publisher before 2001, until the Titus Interactive took control and fucked it up.
So... Doesn't that mean Titus are assholes, not Interplay? Maybe people should specify Original Interplay versus Zombie Interplay.

might be true, I never played SC2 because I will wait with buying it until ALL of the games are released and available for a fair prices (so probably I will get it in 10 years ...).

But Diablo 3 is pretty much ruined thx to Blizzard and how the auction house is working in the game.

Pretty sad, because otherwise D3 is a fun game.

UncannyGarlic said:
Crni Vuk said:
To be fair, StarCraft II is good.
that must be bought three times if you want single player and took twelve years to make because they were busy making money on world of warcraft.

Sduibek said:
UncannyGarlic said:
Crni Vuk said:
To be fair, StarCraft II is good.
that must be bought three times if you want single player and took twelve years to make because they were busty making money on world of warcraft.
And you need an online connection to play the single player game.

Sduibek said:
hat must be bought three times if you want single player and took twelve years to make because they were busty making money on world of warcraft.

Not really "bought three times". The single player campaign in Wings of Liberty is just as big (if not bigger) as the three campaigns in SC1 put together.

I hope Blizzard starts to pump out games like Infinity Ward does just to spite its bitchy customers and swim in their shamefully spent cash at the same time.
Back on topic - Brian Fargo's Interplay is a little bit responsible for the demise of the company, due to Stonekeep's over-stretched development and some of the later games'(e.g. Freespace 2) lackluster sales. But.. BUT, at least they were just doing what they did best - made great PC games. Shit happens.
Herve is just a turd, though. He changed Interplay's focus to concentrate on a market with higher sales figures and still failed. sadlol

Ausir said:
And don't forget that they can also make Lionheart 2!

I would be at least curious to see that. With the quality of the original game in mind, it shouldn't be too hard to make a decent sequel.

Ausir said:
Sduibek said:
hat must be bought three times if you want single player and took twelve years to make because they were busty making money on world of warcraft.

Not really "bought three times". The single player campaign in Wings of Liberty is just as big (if not bigger) as the three campaigns in SC1 put together.
yes but is it as intense like the champaign of SC1? Thats the important question.

This is not Burger King after all.

Crni Vuk said:
Ausir said:
Sduibek said:

yes but is it as intense like the champaign of SC1? Thats the important question.

This is not Burger King after all.

I wouldn't consider S1 champagne per se, it could be a Merlot possibly, or maybe a nice bottle of Scotch. I like Burger King. :mrgreen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This announcement looks pretty pointless overall. I thought there might be some purpose to it, but I'm not seeing it. It just reminds me of how far the gaming industry has fallen. :cry:

Hehe. Herve the turd.

Ausir said:
Sduibek said:

yea, it's huge, and really, really, good.

Ausir said:
(...) The single player campaign in Wings of Liberty is just as big (if not bigger) as the three campaigns in SC1 put together.
No it's not. It's much shorter and easier even including "hidden" mission. Basically it's like 1/3rd of SC1 but with better graphics and cut-scenes. It's still a good game and probably worth it's price but it doesn't compare to the old one.

It definitive is shorter... and yeah, way too easy. I was stomping over the ai in every mission except the very last one, which was too hard for me due to the amount of enemy waves. Had to reduce the difficulty in this one... So yeah, the difficult balance was totally fucked up, and I was pwning everything without any effort, except in the very end.

Anyone else was irritated by "connect to your facebook friends" option just after entering the game?

And real name in chat lobby (only visible for you, and your RI friends though). Nothing wrong with that, but when i am playing a game i would prefer to play a fictional character with fictional nickname made by me.

Overall game is quite good. Not some huge fan of campaign story - missed something there. But multiplayer games are hell of fun.

Soundtrack is amazing, especially terran one.

MagicLantern said:
Anyone else was irritated by "connect to your facebook friends" option just after entering the game?
Unfortunately you'll only see more of this over time. Look at Diablo III and Battlefield 3 as examples.

No, no it's not. Herve couldn't make payments on his fifth car so he decided to ping the industry to see what pocket change was still floating around with his name on it. Hope it was a Ferrari, although doubtful.

Back