Boast Your Fallout Box's,Also: Localizations Suck (F3 split)

:'(

I only have jewel cases. Seeing alec's boxes made me really, really, sad.

I have both the ultimate collection with fallout 1, 2 and tactics and the euro edition of fallout 1 printed in 1998 and was still covered in its nailon, the manual is huge and translated in my home lang, italian.
Pretty weird eng game and italian manual

I have the original fallout 2 box complete with manual etc... but alas the first one has gone.. lost in the wasteland, either that or i traded it for a stimpack!

Hello all,

I still have the two original European games in boxes with manuals, reply forms etc.
Recently I also picked up the US version of Fallout 2, I still hope to find Fallout 1 US version and the big box version of Tactics.

Sadly I only still have all the Tactics box stuff, Fallout 1 with no manual, and Fallout 2 with binder manual, so the US version.

u guys are lucky, having the possibility to buy large box with manuals stuff. In romania I have found only the sold out version of the games (f1 and f2) that give on-cd manual and shitty plastic boxes.

Does any company still produce games like in the old days? With huge manuals and cool looking boxes?

falloutboxzs2.png

I have

FO 1: The original german box release of FO 1 complete with manual and everything. As everyone knows, the german version of FO 1 sucks, the box is not as nice as the american one but fortunatly the manual is complete like the english one, the only difference is the language but theres no content cut out. Thats good enough for me until maybe someday I feel the urge to buy the original US box on ebay

FO 2: Original cardbox release of American version, with complete manual. I also own the original german release, but I got the US version on ebay some year or 2 ago, since the german manual for FO 2 is ripped of of 50 % of the original contect.

Plus: The US versions of FO 1 and 2 in this duel-jewel set. So I dont have to play the crappy german version of FO 1 ;)

I've the Fallout Ultimate Collection on CDs and in german.
It just sits on the shelf for display purposes because I don't speak any german apart from the basic things :)

At least I've an original Fallout series. I'd love to get the boxes once though,,,

I had the Wasteland box, manual, paragraphs, disks, and filler leaflets, for many, many, years (knowing that one day, it might've been worth something)... One day, I returned home from school (IIRC... it might have been something else, I don't remember anymore), I asked my grandma where all my game boxes were (I had saved every single box for every single game I had). Much to my sadness, she threw every last one of them out.

Fast forward, and I have the Fallout 1 and 2 boxes. Again, I'm saving them in the hopes that one day, they might be worth something. And I move to Kentucky. Lo and behold, my box filled with boxes, as well as one of my boxes filled with disks and CDs (and the WL books and disks), never makes it out here.

Again, years later, I get the FO1/2 collector's edition. And I move again... and again, they too get lost somewhere.

I've got the crappy white-box edition now, and to be honest, I could care less whether I lose that or not. (Watch me turn 80 and still have it).

I own the Fallout 1 Box however i'm hopeing to recieve fallout 2 including box and manual.

I probably will post a picture when I get my collection complete.

Seraphim Pwns U said:
I had the Wasteland box, manual, paragraphs, disks, and filler leaflets, for many, many, years (knowing that one day, it might've been worth something)... One day, I returned home from school (IIRC... it might have been something else, I don't remember anymore), I asked my grandma where all my game boxes were (I had saved every single box for every single game I had). Much to my sadness, she threw every last one of them out.

Fast forward, and I have the Fallout 1 and 2 boxes. Again, I'm saving them in the hopes that one day, they might be worth something. And I move to Kentucky. Lo and behold, my box filled with boxes, as well as one of my boxes filled with disks and CDs (and the WL books and disks), never makes it out here.

Again, years later, I get the FO1/2 collector's edition. And I move again... and again, they too get lost somewhere.

I've got the crappy white-box edition now, and to be honest, I could care less whether I lose that or not. (Watch me turn 80 and still have it).

Ouch man, that hurts. Kind of mean from your grandma to throw your stuff away without asking you before, isnt it?

yeah sorta like when you mom cleans ur room and all the money from your 10th birthday party which you hid in a box get thrown in teh trash =(

bonanza said:
Ouch man, that hurts. Kind of mean from your grandma to throw your stuff away without asking you before, isnt it?

Yeah, but she cleaned my room whenever she felt it wasn't clean enough... and after so many years, I got used to it... but yeah, that was a pretty big shocker.

What made it worse, was I had eventually come to accept it... only to discover, what was it, about 3 or 4 years ago, I had seen on eBay, a used original copy of Wasteland, and had all the material in it, sell for $100... it was sold the next day.

Nothing quite like reopening an old wound.

meh..I dont have a nice case for my Fallout, well atleast I have a original Arcanum box with that big cool manual :clap:
(and a nice face)

Show off your Fallout loot!

I'll start with my collection... I got another Fallout 2 North American release on the way too :P

Thanks kyte for selling me the camo pouch! I was also going to buy his Soundtrack CD and the Cup, but I don't think I wanted to pay the high price.

Click for bigger pic:

Which one doesn't belong?
HPIM0035L.jpg

The Grey CD you see at the top left is a special pre-order disk you got when you preordered FO:T.

Let's see yours!

Back