Can you really call yourself a Fallout fan if you love Fallout 4, honestly?

Can you really call yourself a Fallout fan if you love Fallout 2, honestly?
The game changes so much it's practically unrecognizable as Fallout. The gameplay is dumbed down to practically being a Wasteland RPG, the lore is pretty much completely raped and killed and replaced with, whatever it is Interplay thinks they are making (The Enclave is the stupidest thing ever), and there is absolutely zero roleplaying. None what so ever. Who's idea was it to give the companions a voice? And the stupid references to contemporary culture that they just throw in because, I dunno, laughs I guess. Yeah, the bridgekeeper was hilarious in 1991. Actually, no it never was.

Whatever. Fallout 2 isn't Fallout. Therefore, you aren't truly a Fallout fan if you love this game, as far as I'm concerned.

...and there is absolutely zero roleplaying. None what so ever.
Define roleplaying.

In this case I mean seriously—what's your personal definition of roleplaying?

My own is 100% abstracted detachment from the character; simply observing how the character would react to, and handle their situation. I pick the choices closest to the mentality and mood of the PC at that time ——even if it differs drastically from what I myself might be interested in.

The point being to live their life through them, not as them.

Yeah. For one Atom is a better RPG than Fallout 2 to begin with even with the mediocre writing. Roleplaying? Hahaha. I guess Witcher 3 is not a RPG.

Yeah. For one Atom is a better RPG than Fallout 2 to begin with even with the mediocre writing. Roleplaying? Hahaha. I guess Witcher 3 is not a RPG.

I played ATOM years ago. Maybe the stupid crafting system has improved. Sharpen a knife with a whetstone ? Erm yes common sense. Sharpen an axe with whetstone ! No dice. An admirable attempt to replicate an age old game ! Maybe, just about, possibly as good, although not miles better except for the movement on the small play areas. No more zig zag, mincing walk, like an effeminate anime lover, venturing forth.

It did improve. I never had a single issue with it other than it being not as in depth as...NEO Scavenger.

Whatever. Fallout 2 isn't Fallout. Therefore, you aren't truly a Fallout fan if you love this game, as far as I'm concerned.

They get bitchy and pull you up over minor things if they don't agree with you.
So be careful they don't mob up like playground bullies just because your viewpoint is not to their liking.

I can call myself a fan because I like F4, liked and passed F3 and F3 NV and liked and passed F1 and F2 in nineties

You can call yourself a fan if you love Fallout 4 because it's just a fucking stupid video game. That is where I am at.

If Bethesda games did not exist people would be playing Bioware RPG's instead so basically the same thing except more sex and less loot.

I love Fallout 4. It made me discover the whole serie.

And yeah, i also love other Fallouts.

Different kind of games, yes, but can people just like whatever game they want?

Back